It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireman detained for not moving truck!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

pheonix358

If I was the fire man, I would start a civil action for violating his liberty. There is a proper name for that in the US but the correct term escapes me.

P

In the US, it's traditional in these sorts of cases for the police to threaten to bring all sorts of mopery charges and to have invisible police officers who weren't there testify that they were there in court, and that they saw the drugs in your vehicle and you should imagine how much it will cost you to defend yourself in court and wouldn't it be better if you just let it all drop like a good boy.

Most volunteer fire fighters that I know are blue collar guys with no money to stand up to the municipal power structure. Not to mention that in small towns the lawyers are generally unwilling to take cases against cops anyway, because the judges are in cahoots with the police, and any violation of The Way Things Are will ensure they lose case after case afterwards.

I have no doubt that's what happened here,why the cop will go undisciplined and the chief can say with impunity that he has no intention of changing anything then walk away. What they're afraid of is having it dragged into the light where some independent investigation they can't stomp on will start. Maybe the news channel can do that but likely not.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join