It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireman detained for not moving truck!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow. Detained for sarcasm. I'm in trouble.

This reminds me of when my mother (and many other mothers) used to say... "I don't like the tone of your voice." Who would have thought that was a good enough excuse to detain anybody.

Speech police. Somebody always has to be "The Big Man On Campus".
edit on 3/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Aren't Fire Fighters also trained Paramedics?
If FF was on the scene first. The Officer would be in the wrong.

Nvm. Guess he was a Volunteer FF. Paid FF's are usually also trained Paramedics..
Sounds like a misunderstanding to me.
edit on 27-3-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Kali74
Isn't there some kind of law that prohibits ANYONE from interfering with medical assistance?

Didn't you know cops are above the law? Where have you been?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Unless that firefighter was a paramedic....some are.
But most firefighters are only EMT.
So unless the ambulance only had a BLS crew. Basic life support.
The care of the patient should go up not down. First responder to EMT to EMT 2 to Pararamedic to PHRN( pre hospital registered nurse and up.
NEVER backwards in the level of care. That's the law!
Once those medic arrived. If he was still needed and was requested. Then that cop should not interfere!
If he got snippy and I have dealt with this many times. Then by all means the officer was in his rights.
However if I was the officer I would have waited for the scene to clear and handle it then.

Let's respond.
Medical or fire. Medical
Send cops and first responders. In a 911 call the police are supposed to arrive first for scene safety. Then medics will arrive
If its a medical call.
If its a fire then same for the most part police...but they park away not to hinder the access for firefighters. Then medics will park away as well allowing the fire apparatus ( fire trucks ) to have good access. Medics will standby for patients. This includes staying the whole time in case of a downed fire fighter.

Now there was a case a month or so back in California. Where a cop did in fact pull a fire fighter away from a working car wreck scene. Same reason...the truck was blocking the highway. This is the one that had me STEAMING. You can find it on YT. Its a dash can footage with audio.

Yours truly, a former paramedic and fire fighter.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Elton

Okay so you know he said something sarcastic. What was it? Yea we don't know.

Sarcasm
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:

Maybe he said something like " hey pppporky why don't you do something constructive and move the truck yourself or maybe the donuts gots ya sluggish."

It's all speculation really. We weren't there and at least he didn't pistol whip him and shoot him on that lady's floor.

So we should be happy when a LEO does not pistol whip someone for sarcasm...? That is a pretty low standard to hold law enforcement to.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Thanks for the clarification!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
We weren't there and at least he didn't pistol whip him and shoot him on that lady's floor.

Yes, we should be so lucky. We should just bend over and lick their boots when ordered too right? Frack off.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

I was lucky to have worked in a good area. If the fire truck was small like the one shown. I've had police kindly move it if needed.

To answer another post.
No not all firefighters are paramedics. The minimum requirement in some states is just CPR . It's up to the firefighter to continue in education.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyFlatulence

Welcome

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

I was being sarcastic so go ahead and detain me.

Sarcasm again. See I can't stop.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

HandyDandy

TheLieWeLive
We weren't there and at least he didn't pistol whip him and shoot him on that lady's floor.

Yes, we should be so lucky. We should just bend over and lick their boots when ordered too right? Frack off.

Was I suppose to read that like a pirate?

Because I did.

Frack off. Arrrrrrrhhh!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I like that imagery.

On a more civil note, I didn't mean to be offensive to you. Just the notion that it is acceptable to detain someone for sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

OK, now go sit in the back of your car for 22 minutes and we can let this slide.... Just this once.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Elton

OK, now go sit in the back of your car for 22 minutes and we can let this slide.... Just this once.

Speaking of which.....what was the temperature outside? Was the car running? Did he have heat/A-C? Was this cruel and unusual punishment? Or just another day in 'Merica?

Must be just another day since nothing has nor will be done to the cop.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe they hang out at the same bar and they can duke it out later if one gets sarcastic .

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
OK guys.
No one is right or wrong in this case just yet.
Either the officer and the firefighter have a history. Or was truly VERY POOR JUDGEMENT on the scene of a call.
At my rank lieutenant if I found one of my crew being vocally sarcastic on the scene in front of the patient and family. I would have suspended him for a month. Further infractions...fired!
That's just it...
Per this video...the patient seemed to only have Syncope ( fainted ) if she had a pulse and respiration. Then medics were good for the job.
If they were doing CPR and the firefighter was needed for one on compressions and the other bagging( ambu bag respiration) thus allowing the other medic to draw up meds and push the meds...I would get angry at the officer for suggesting at that moment.
Then I would still talk to my crew member about what happened and STRONGLY ADVISE AND ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT FOR BEING SARCASTIC IN FRONT OF FAMILY AND OTHERS!

Once asked. the firefighter should have kindly ask the medics if he was no longer needed and problem solved.

Sarcasm is one of my many traits. Freedom of speech allows it.
There is a time and place though.

edit on 28-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Where are they training these cops; in a video game? Don't they have any concept of reality? I really think some serious psych testing is in order for any and all police applicants. Power mad idiots need to be weeded out.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

TheLieWeLive
Allow me to be the devils advocate for a second. If you'll watch the video you see that he does get there first but then the ambulance pulls up beside his truck completely blocking the road.
Now if you are a cop, and you need to get the road clear, who are you going to ask to move? The Firefighter or the Paramedic?

Asking the Firefighter to move was the smarter move. So he got there first big deal. If there was a fire then I would say the paramedic needed to move.
edit on 27-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Since he got there first, he is incident command. Not only did the cop commit a crime, he's violating police policy.

Not that the prosecutor would ever bring a charge, because cop.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

LadySkadi
...which may or may not have been completed (since there is an investigation into whether the cop interfered with a firefighter doing his job) but also about a cop detaining someone because of sarcasm and a police chief who is okay with that action

So, both interfering with a firefighter, false arrest AND a violation of protocol. And of course, no action, because cop.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Kali74
Isn't there some kind of law that prohibits ANYONE from interfering with medical assistance?

Well, there is in that state, not that it will happen, because the prosecutor has to fellate the cops to get his job done and win re-election. It's a clear conflict of interest, like having the police investigate themselves.

You see, it's a tenet of law that the prosecutor gets to pick and choose the cases he pursues. So he can quite legally just decline to prosecute any misbehavior of LEOs, no matter how unlawful. It gets you cooperation with cops, and donations from FOP. So that's what happens. Unless it's so egregious it's obvious he/she will fail re-election unless something is done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join