It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont want to work again... EVER!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

Do not fault the successful participant in a flawed system; try instead to discern and rebuke that aspect of its organization which allows or encourages the behavior that has provoked your displeasure.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm 24 and I was born into wealth.

I am college educated and at this stage in my life I never have to work again. The only job I ever had was when I was 16 at my local best buy. This was before the housing bubble popped.

At this stage in my life I make well over 200k sitting on my booty from stock dividends.

I now use my time to volunteer at non secular charities.

Even though I don't understand the burden of working I have witnessed it in friends. Most who still live with there parents due to them not being able to afford living on their own. While back in my fathers time "the 50s" it was enough to have a white picket fence house and a car.

Whatever you can do to break the cycle more power to you.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have been working full time for about 40 years now. I can can say without any doubt that if I became able to retire tomorrow, I would without any regret whatsoever. Its good to have a job and an income, but it would be sooooo good to not have to. Please if you figure out how to do it, share your solution with us.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing and getting all these great posts with ideas for action.
Too tired from "working" (while I'm sick -- no time to actually take the sick days allotted) to share any thoughts.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This thread has motivated me to open the first American Kibbutz. We will live off the land and the farm and equally have a healthy balance of community service and free time.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I would much rather spend these years of work, "my best years", doing charity work, spending time with my family, studding something I really want to study and just kicking back and reading a good book on a tropical beach somewhere.

Sorry bro,

You cant have it both ways.... Lemme firstly say that as im reading your OP i feel as if it might as well have been me writing that. I feel the same way!!!!!

Now, to elaborate on 'you cant have it both ways'! When i was in realization of this 'slavery' in which we all live, I realized that to achieve everything i quoted you on i.e. kicking back n relaxing, one must conquer the system of slavery in which we live. Yes it is an abomination of a system, but if you wanna win you gotta WIN! Do whatever it takes to ensure that you get what you want and become an elitist! become one of them!

However, that is not something that most people actually want. Sure we want the luxuries that come with being an elitist, but most humans dont actually wanna be elitist, they just wanna be happy (whatever that entails)....... and in most, if not all cases, it has nothing to do with power!

So, i then understood. And it seems you do too.

social prison that I think prevents us all form achieving true full self actualisation

Have you read the story of Siddhārtha Gautama? He realized how to escape this 'prison'.

In conclusion, if you want anything in this world you have to work at achieving it...... If you dont want to work? Stop wanting, become a buddhist! and try to attain enlightenment. However that aint gonna happen, right?
So, instead just realize that you are not alone in this. You are just the same as everyone else who has realized the situation as it is! And once you know, you dont forget, and more n more people are starting to know the truth!

This pissed me off.

The peace of mind that comes with closure be it good or bad is better than confusion that leads to anger!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I've been meaning to respond to this thread for awhile. I completely understand where you are coming from, but at the end of the day you still have to do something to eat.. Whether that means farming or foraging for food, it is still "work."

If you want to disconnect, then do it. I recommend finding some small indigenous villages that may still exist and go for a simple life where your concerns are primarily providing food for your family and enjoying life outside of the complications of "civilization."

Do you have anything holding you back, or responsibilities like a family that keep you from pursuing this?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i feel for you, it does not make sense that we spend most f our time working for other people. I figure out that i need to do something different.. I need to find something that i love to do and that will support me.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have the same exact feeling, lucky for you, I have found the answer.

You have 2 options:

Start your own business, even a small store on eBay.

Start reading books on investing and invest your money. Let your money work for you. My suggestion; find a bond that you love and let it mature until you are ready to retire. Again, don't start until you read at least 1 book. Good place to start is "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham. Make sure you get the updated version with commentary if you are interested.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join