It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont want to work again... EVER!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have been working now for years, since I left school really I have never been out of work or education for any significant length of time, recently I actually changed jobs and I love my new job. The other day though I became very jealous, one of the girls I work with had her last ever day of work, she was heading off to retirement.

It dawned on me that I still have at least 20 years before I will be able to go into work one day and leave knowing I will never have to “work” another day in my life.

This pissed me off.

I really got thinking about it and I have decided, I don’t want to work anymore, it’s not a laziness thing, its not because i “hate my job”, its quite simply because I hate the idea of having to work these 40+ hour weeks for the rest of my life. I think the ages of 20-60 are a individuals most productive, so it sucks that by the time it comes to my retirement I will have worked for even more than those 40 years, I will basically have wasted that time selling it in exchange for money and a huge chunk of that money will go to paying for my taxes and retirement which won’t actually come along for at least another 20 years. In short I am basically spending my best years “working for the man”, just so the man can t take a huge chunk of it away to pay taxes and another big chunk so that while I am withering away he doesn’t need to worry about me. Really by working I am just a slave to money and those who have the biggest pile of it

It totally sucks.

Like I say, I do enjoy my job, but I would much rather spend these years of work, "my best years", doing charity work, spending time with my family, studding something I really want to study and just kicking back and reading a good book on a tropical beach somewhere.

Surly this is the dream that most of us must have, to never work again but still be productive just not in terms of money but rather in terms of bettering ourselves and those around us.

The only barrier is those horrible little bits of paper that I have to go to work for just so I can eat at the end of the day. I feel like I am in a prison of work and money that I will only get kicked out of once “the man” deems that my time is no longer worth anything. The idea of getting a “job” so you can sell your time and skills to someone else for a tiny portion of their huge pile of cash (most of which you have to give “them” back in some way) forces us all into this social prison that I think prevents us all form achieving true full self actualisation. It prevents us from becoming the very best we can be or being who we truly want to be, who we fantasised about being as kids because we have all been crammed into this big cage of time for cash.

So now I want to quit my job, that’s the only way out of this prison, they don’t get my time, i don’t get their cash but i do get my freedom.

I never want to work again

I just haven’t figured out how I would survive and enjoy my life without becoming homeless when i am no longer a slave to “them”.

So if any of you have any advice about getting over this barrier I would love to hear it.

edit on 27-3-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

How about if you figure out how to do this, start another thread and let us know....Because I will follow suit! It is an absolute joke, this world I tell ya! We are not supposed to be slaving away on this Earth, we were not put here for that reason! This place is beautiful and we should be making the best out of it....Not doing what most of us do daily....I agree with every line you stated and I feel the same way as you buddy!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Any chance what you do could be self employed? Work for yourself,set your own hours. Strive for your own financial freedom?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I had a friend, he used to work for a few weeks, save up money.

Than disappear for months on end, wandering the country with what he saved.

When he ran out, he'd find another menial job, resupply and back on the road.

Was one of the coolest laid back people I knew, very live and let live.

I can't say I would do that, but there is an appeal to dropping out of this messed up game we all play.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Ditto that. I keep looking for ways to accomplish it.

link   
Well brother i feel Exactly the same way. But when i tell this to people they just think i'm lazy. I'm not. I jus't don't wanna be a slave because that's what we basically are right now. But people Just Don't Wanna Hear IT.

I'm looking for ways to do charity work overseas in a warm country because i am NOT gonna work 'till im 67 and f'ed up physically and mentally from working all those years.

When you come up with a plan let me know!

link   

So, really your only option is to start your own business

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

many people are now waking up to the reality of this world were conditioned to be like this from birth school collage work and if your one of the lucky ones you can look forward to your last few yrs of a decent retirement

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Feel happy that you can still work. Not being able to work because of health issues from something you did not personally cause sucks.

Now, I worked many hours a day for thirty years and even worked when I was in high school and middle school before getting hurt. I can't say that was right, I was a workaholic. When I got off of work, I usually worked on something, sometimes cars, and I even built my own home. I was forced into retirement from an accident.

We need something to do to be happy, we need to be part of a group. If we don't we aren't happy. We need to hang around with others of our kind. Kind means others with similar interests, not just ethnicity or religion. You have to feel at home with those you hang with or you will not be with your kind and you will not fit in or be happy. Most of us tried to fit in with others that were not our kind and then it becomes work to live. We can't always be putting on an act to be accepted.

Now, if you like your job, it is not really a job. It is something to do. While you are working you aren't spending money either, so you have more money to do things when you are off of work. The less you spend, the less you need to make. Consider this before deciding to change your income bracket. Learn to live on less, learn to desire what you really need instead of what you want and don't let others talk you into buying things you do not need......or you will soon become a slave to an employer again and have lost a lot of what you worked to gain.

Living on a thousand a month these days on social security is not easy at all. Think about early retirement and how it will lower your social security later on. If you want to retire, you will need to assess your budget. You will have to adjust your social life.

Just win fifty million in the lotto and budget well and fend off the people wanting donations and you may be able to survive thirty years

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Cultivate the lands with mother natures plants for free food.
cut down expenses you dont need.
If I can do it trust me you can do it.
Learn how to do stuff yourself.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We live in an ever increasingly automated world. Even as we type in this thread more and more jobs are being done by automated machines. Thats why we have such huge unemployment figures! There is simply not enough jobs for all of us.
We need to change.
Job sharing. Each person works for a couple of hours per week in return for good food and a good home. We could easily do this if those at the top could be stopped from syphoning off vast amounts of cash!

I'll go first

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I see you are from UK, if you want to get free you need to go to some country where your currency is strong compared with thats country currency.If you have a house worth 150 000-500 000 or something to sell above that price i can arrange you to get good, safe and comfortable life on the level you are living in the UK without single day of work.
edit on 27-3-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

So, really your only option is to start your own business

~Tenth

Indeed, we may be witnessing a public conversion to capitalism. An intellectual progression rarely seen in the light of day.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Even hiding from the boss is work!

There are people who go around just litigating frivolous claims...

Their goal is to settle out of court.

litigate litigate litigate

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
take up computer science, learn to program, make a stupid game with mediocre art, something dumb like flappy bird, but more original (Follow KISS (keep it simple stupid) design guidelines). put ads in it and make money off those ads.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I have 4 years left before I can retire. Yippie!!! The only problem is, I don't have the energy like I used to have in my younger years. If I had the chance to do things over, I would have invested a good portion of my paychecks into investments. I could have retired early and lived off the dividends. When you're young most people want to spend their money instead of investing it. For the cost of tuition for colleges these days, you would be better off taking out a loan and starting your own business. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You are in prison, debtors prison and you were born into it. If the US or any country, were treated as the corporation it actually is and the citizens were treated as shareholders rather than slaves, you might actually get what you want. The corporation would have to produce dividends to pay the shareholders, otherwise the CEO and all his retarded advisers would be removed based on a vote from the shareholders.

You have to change the system, otherwise you ain't gettin' no respect.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have no problem at all with your attitude as long as you pay for yourself. Nobody owes you a free ride. What really pisses ME off is people who are "on disability" (and then they snicker) or are able-bodied but get on some sort of "assistance" program paid by me. But if you can perfect the 4 hour work week instead of the 40, my blessings to you.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Cultivate the lands with mother natures plants for free food. cut down expenses you dont need. If I can do it trust me you can do it. Learn how to do stuff yourself.

That sounds great!!!!

The problem is, it seems even using mother nature to survive involves paying taxes in one form or another.......

In todays society, survival means "obeying and paying"!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I feel the same, locked in a spiritual prison.

I've seriously contemplated leaving society, giving up work, my home etc and live as a bum.

Sure, it would be hard, very hard but it would be freedom. I don't feel I belong in this society and it's crushing my will to live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join