It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: The cursed burnt offering for the age to come.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Actually Daniel speaks of a period of upto 1335 days. If you apply that to the system suggested by Maigret above, you get a period of 2365 days or 2000 days and a year.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Daniel layered a period of 1290 to 1335 days to express a 45 day escape window leading up to the Abomination of Desolation.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

As far as I'm concerned, "the abomonation of desolation" was when Antiochos IV Epiphanes sacrificed a pig in honour of Zeus in the courtyard of the temple. It fulfilled the prophecy. Don't remember exactly when it happened, would have to look it up. first to second century BC unsure.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Dating

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Antiochus ruled from 175-164 BC. Jesus warned of Daniels prophecy in 30 AD (Matt 24 or 25). The temple fell in 70 AD, and Nero began his 7 year genocide when the temple fell. The Abomination of Desolation is still unfulfilled.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Antiochus ruled from 175-164 BC. Jesus warned of Daniels prophecy in 30 AD (Matt 24 or 25). The temple fell in 70 AD, and Nero began his 7 year genocide when the temple fell. The Abomination of Desolation is still unfulfilled.
You just said it, that the temple was destroyed in 70 AD.
How is it that you say it is still unfulfilled?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

The temple will be rebuilt. I feel like you already knew what my response would be.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The temple will be rebuilt.
Supposing there ever was such a thing, that someone built a temple, how does that negate the fact that there was already a temple, that of Herod, that stood in Jerusalem at the time of Christ and its destruction foretold by Jesus as the fulfillment of the prophecy of Daniel, as the Abomination of Desolation?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The temple was destroyed in 70 AD. Nero's genocide spanned from 70 AD until 77 AD. Daniel 9:27 indicates that the Abomination of Desolation occurs in the temple as a violation of a 7 year covenant in the middle of the 70th week. Antiocus made no covenant with Israel, and there was no temple standing for Nero to defile. Either way you cut it, the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel and referenced by Jesus is a future event.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Nero's genocide spanned from 70 AD until 77 AD.
How is that relevant, other than this idea that it lasted 7 years and there is a number 7 in Daniel?
Wouldn't that just be another part of the desolation?
And what formula are you using for your interpretation, is it one that was made over two hundred years ago when there was a long ideas about what Nero really did exactly?
Just about all the supposed history that Darby was basing his theory on has since been disproven.
Nero died in 68 AD.

edit on 17-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I was wrong about Nero's timing, Ill admit that much. But, Nero did not fulfill the Abomination of Desolations. Jesus did not make His return 1260 after Nero's entry into the temple.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Then it happened in 167 BC. It did fulfill the prophecy. Jesus speaks of a similar desecration. Perhaps the unclean sacrifice of a certain human? Who knows.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Jesus did not make His return 1260 after Nero's entry into the temple.
"1260" what?
It says days, so I don't see the justification for turning it into years.
Days and years are not interchangeable.
It's talking about three and a half years, which had a special sort of significance in the culture which Daniel came out of, which shows up in the three and a half year famine in the time of Elijah.

Jesus took the liberty of picking things that he wanted to from scripture and ignoring the rest.
So when Jesus used terms like Son of Man and Abomination of Desolation from Daniel, he had use for them and applied them as he wished, without acknowledging the applicability of the remainder from which they were derived.

edit on 18-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I meant to say 1260 days. And as I said, He still hasnt returned.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I meant to say 1260 days. And as I said, He still hasn't returned.
Have you considered the possibility that this was meant to be understood metaphorically?
Look at the context,

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.
(2011 NIV)
What is described as happening at the culmination of this three and a half year period is symbolic, just as the numbers for it are symbolic.

The implication being that whatever this prophecy was foretelling did already happen, just not in a literal sense.
It could be the restoration of the holy nature of the country once the defiling Greeks were driven out.
edit on 18-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
it is my thinking that the resurrection of the 'church' (body of believers)
will not be so much a supernatural reanimation of long deceased and decomposed bodies...

but a very massive and intricate 'Time Travel' operation to bring all those souls into a 'time tent' of sorts,
or much like a convention of lots of peoples from different Ages in to a singular gathering

what will happen to these entities afterward.... you guess is good as mine

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Metaphoric visions are always revealed in scripture, whether revealed by an interpreter, by angel or by God Himself, the reader is never left having to guess. Unless instucted by scripture otherwise, the bible is to be taken literally.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

As far as I'm concerned, "the abomonation of desolation" was when Antiochos IV Epiphanes sacrificed a pig in honour of Zeus in the courtyard of the temple. It fulfilled the prophecy. Don't remember exactly when it happened, would have to look it up. first to second century BC unsure.

In the context of what the Son was talking about when he mentioned the 'Abomination of Desolation' as spoken of by Daniel, he was telling his disciples 'the signs of his coming [return] and what would happen at the end of the age', which puts it in a future timeframe.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

Jesus did not make His return 1260 after Nero's entry into the temple.
"1260" what?
It says days, so I don't see the justification for turning it into years.
Days and years are not interchangeable.
It's talking about three and a half years, which had a special sort of significance in the culture which Daniel came out of, which shows up in the three and a half year famine in the time of Elijah.

Jesus took the liberty of picking things that he wanted to from scripture and ignoring the rest.
So when Jesus used terms like Son of Man and Abomination of Desolation from Daniel, he had use for them and applied them as he wished, without acknowledging the applicability of the remainder from which they were derived.

The Son of God knew exactly what he was talking about! Daniel is a sealed book until the 'time of the end' Daniel 12:4, which ties in nicely and precisely with Matthew Chapter 24:3 when the Son was talking about 'the end of the age', when he mentioned Daniel's 'abomination of desolation' in verse 15.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

But, according to scriptural reasoning, why would God give natural Israel a chance if they rejected the Messiah? Show me scripturally. Anything else is conjecture. I would also like to state that I don't take the Bible as the word of God. I'm just curious to see where this leads.

The Israelites that will constitute the Biblical Israel have been protected by God all along, because they have rejected the Christian version, which is that Jesus is God - God the Son, second person of a triune godhead, etc. When the time is right, they will emerge, just as the Messiah prophesied in his reference to the Fig Tree. Matthew 24:32

For more details on the Fig Tree, read The Apocalypse of Peter - ETHIOPIC TEXT at wesley.nnu.edu...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Metaphoric visions are always revealed in scripture, whether revealed by an interpreter, by angel or by God Himself, the reader is never left having to guess. Unless instructed by scripture otherwise, the bible is to be taken literally.
That is completely wrong.
Where do you get these ideas from?
So to you, wise people will shine like the sky, and good teachers will shine like stars.
Now about the entire chapter 12 of Revelation?
Do you expect to one day look up and see a woman standing on the moon?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join