It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a NEW Sci-Fi/Horror/Ghost type Show to watch online...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We are presently watching Helix, The Walking dead and American Horror story but the latter isnt that good.

So, My Daughter recommended Defiance. We took her advise on Helix and that was 'OK' not the best but so far is 'Just ok" Then she said try Continuum, My son said to try the new Dr Who. Are those any good?

Any other suggestion?

Would love to hear some recommendations...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Have you checked out "Starcrossed"?

It is like a teen version of defiance. I believe it is on the CW, just google "starcrossed" and it will take you to the website and they have em all to watch there.

Not great but like I said, a teen version of Defiance.

Honestly, it is a lot like Alien Nation now that I think about it. I might have to find those and watch them again!
edit on 25-3-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   
Yeah, I think American Horror Story sucks. The new Dr. Who can be a lot of fun, so I'd go ahead and give it a shot. How about some of the classics like the Twilight Zone, the Outer Limits, or even The X-files?
edit on 25-3-2014 by kissy princess because: add

link   

I am a Scifi buff, and love doctor who.

During the last writers strike I started watching british TV, There are many very good programs there that you may not of thought of.

Things like Doctor Who, Being Human, Life On Mars, and many other British shows are some good examples of that genre in general.

Doctor who stands above though in my opinion above Most science Fiction, it is something that may take a bit to get into though, but well worth it.
edit on 25-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I like Continuum, but I have to give you the caveat that the first 5 or 6 episodes of season 1 are a bit slow. Late season 1 is really good and I found season 2 to be fantastic.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I got into "supernatual" recently, i thought it was just another vampire show, but its not.

Its got the perfect balance of plot over all the season and a huge variety of monsters and weird people angels and demons and even some light comedy.

Highly recommend it.

When you meet Crowley, hes my favorite, deliciously evil and naturally hes British and a tallented actor perfect for the role

The main actors are good too.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The new Dr. Who is definitely worth watching. I would also recommend Supernatural if you haven't seen it.

*EDIT*

Sorry, but i meant to add supernatural to the thread but i got beat out lol. It's good though, so worth more than one mention.

edit on 25-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There is a French series available on Netflix right now called "The Returned". I loved it. Great cinematography, strange story, excellent characters and soundtrack. They got approved for a 2nd season, but it hasn't been filmed yet. It was renewed due to crowd demand, yeah!

There is a US version that just started...Resurrection... I think? I watched the first episode but felt it lacked the creepy/dark vibe I enjoyed in the French one.

imdb

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Like the above posters stated, you can't go wrong with Dr Who. It took me a few episodes to get into it but after that it was marathoned through. Another good show that completely passed me by until getting Netflix was Fringe. Think updated X-files with a heavy focus on, well, fringe science.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestioningDude

Oh i absolutely LOVED fringe, what a great show that was, perfect for the op because you have all of those elements nice fused into a very watchable and well written show.

So Sad its now come end, plenty of season to get through however.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Supernatural is awesome! It's like the X Files but then for adults. And enough variety in stories like u mentioned

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Almost Human is one that's not too bad.

The Tomorrow People is also alright.

Definitely Fringe and Continuum are both best bets IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Supernatural was really good for a few seasons, now it's just silly, but dont let that hold you back from the first about five seasons. Seriously.
Life on Mars that benrl mentioned was stellar as well. The full run UK series that is.
You've probably watched Fringe as was mentioned. I haven't made it all the way through yet, but the first two seasons were engrossing, but I have a feeling you've watched it already.

I dont know, man...I have resorted to watching old episodes of Adventure Time or South Park in my down time. Hope something pops up in your thread I can dig.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The Dead Files. Good watch not like the other ghost hunter shows that look so lame.

www.travelchannel.com...

Des

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Annunak1
reply to post by Biigs

Supernatural is awesome! It's like the X Files but then for adults. And enough variety in stories like u mentioned

The X-Files was way more adult in plot than Supernatural.
Both just got silly as time went on and no one paid attention except for advertisers...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The 100

seems like a good one if they don´t spoil it with too much "teen spirit", which is really a shame in so many series.

I liked 4400 when it was on and LOST.. Fringe..

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Doctor Who!!! This is an incredibly fun show...

But make sure you start with the first season of the 'new' Doctor Who (2005 - starring Christopher Eccleston)..
That first season is more comical than you might want, but the show develops a more serious 'tone' thru successive seasons, but start at the beginning anyway, because it's just plain f.u.n. fun...and there is a bit of exposition in the first season which will give an added dimension to following ones..

Oh, and don't be confused by the fact that the British use the term "series" for "seasons"...

If you get into the show, i'd love to hear how you like it once you start getting thru the second season!

I have to say, I wish I could be starting fresh with that first year, knowing that there's another six seasons already 'in the can', so you can just keep watching and watching...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'd recommend Sherlock, from BBC.

The best!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

beezzer

I'd recommend Sherlock, from BBC.

The best!

Yeah im watching that, its quite excellent.

Going slightly off genre, i was really surprised how good BBCs Luther was, its not just another cop show.

The BBC really do nail a show some times, and i hate paying my TV license fee just a tiny bit less

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I really like "Believe" produced by JJ Abrams.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join