It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to clone a McDonald's "Egg McMuffin" breakfast sandwich

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by MaximRecoil

Yeah tube eggs. Eggs cooked in metal tubes. Like the yolk and white separate.

You'd get the exact same result if you cooked the eggs merely in a 3½" diameter pan; it would just make the egg tricky to flip. If you have something against so-called "tube eggs", you have something against fried eggs, period, which I find bizarre.

Take a slice of bread cut a hole on the center place in a warm pan with butter break an egg into the hole cook for a minute flip and cook another minute. No broken yolks no tube.

The broken yolk is intentional ... from my OP:

"Pierce the yolk to allow it to spread out"

If you don't pierce the yolk, it doesn't break:

But then you have a thick lump of concentrated yolk in your eggs, which is not ideal for use on a sandwich. Unbroken yolks are only good for "sunny side up" / "runny yolk" eggs.

Also, the method you described is a waste of a piece of bread for me; I have no use for it in an Egg McMuffin, and two slices of bread probably wouldn't fit side-by-side in my electric skillet either, even if I did want to waste two slices of bread in exchange for no improvement in the results over using egg rings.

I guess you can tell that I appreciate well made food and am not a big fan of Mickey D's

I appreciate any food that tastes good, and I'd never had a homemade breakfast sandwich that tasted as good as McDonald's until I made one myself, duplicating their method and ingredients as closely as I could.
edit on 3/25/2014 by MaximRecoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by benrl

Silly boy.
If you like the salty sweet taste try candied bacon.
Sprinkle brown sugar on bacon slices and put under the broiler until crispy. We're obviously not talking health food this morning.

Oh I am a hobbyist food enthusiast.

I can cook me up some good food.

I also have inside me chained up, an Inner fat kid that loves crap.

I must beat him with a bat at times, but the bastard still likes to come out to play.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

benrl

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by benrl

Syrup? You mean crystallized maple flavored sugar lumps don't you?

Oh gawd, my mouths watering.

Right? The dehydrated onions are pretty awesome too.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

andy06shake

Why the hell would you want to do such a thing!

I agree. Why, in the name of all that's holy and good, for the sake of all the little children. WHY?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

benrl

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by benrl

Syrup? You mean crystallized maple flavored sugar lumps don't you?

Oh gawd, my mouths watering.

Right? The dehydrated onions are pretty awesome too.

Oh its so awful, but I LOVE the fake eggs as well, more than real ones.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

incoserv

andy06shake

Why the hell would you want to do such a thing!

I agree. Why, in the name of all that's holy and good, for the sake of all the little children. WHY?

The question has already been answered. By the way, which of the following things do you have an issue with?

Eggs
English muffins
Butter
American cheese
Canadian bacon

The Egg McMuffin was invented by one man, Herb Peterson, in the late 1960s as a sandwich derivative of Eggs Benedict. It wasn't the product of a brain-storming session among chemists gathered at the headquarters of the "evil" McDonald's corporation, not that it should matter either way.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

benrl
The syrup in the bun...

It got me every time.

Yeah, me too. Didn't even get my hands sticky, and I can't avoid getting syrup all over my fork and fingers when eating a waffle at home...it had to be some reverse-engineered alien tech.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Aren't they already clones of cloned eggs? So you're cloning a clone?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Yeah tube eggs. Eggs cooked in metal tubes. Like the yolk and white separate. Take a slice of bread cut a hole on the center place in a warm pan with butter break an egg into the hole cook for a minute flip and cook another minute. No broken yolks no tube.
I guess you can tell that I appreciate well made food and am not a big fan of Mickey D's

We call that a Bird's Nest in my house. Lightly butter that bread on the 'down side' and it browns nicely like toast.

I'd ask you if you want to share breakfast sometime ... but it would sound forward
, and traveling halfway around the world for eggs ...

edit on 2532014 by Snarl because:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I hate health freaks.

Thanks for the post, OP.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thanks, OP. Looks good. I have tried this at home making a bacon and egg mcmuffin. Tasted pretty good and a close approximation to the MD's. version.

BTW growing up we called the egg in the middle of the bread and fry thingy 'Toad in the Hole'.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

There are little details that make the difference between it tasting like McDonald's and not. The two most important things are:

1. The insides of the English muffin should be toasted and buttered. If you don't toast the English muffin at all, or toast both sides of each half in a pop-up toaster, it won't taste right, and if you don't butter them it won't taste right either.

2. It should be wrapped in wax paper and microwaved for 15 or 20 seconds (alternatively you can wrap them in wax paper and place them in a conventional oven on "warm" for 10 minutes or so). McDonald's variously microwaves them or places them under a heat lamp after wrapping them, and it may seem like a step that doesn't matter, but it does. Just don't over-microwave them. If you have a high power microwave, you may only need 12 seconds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join