It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland calling up military reserves immediately

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does this whole thing seem to be spiraling out of controll a little faster every day?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

The U.S. has Minuteman ICBMs which can contain up to three separate nuclear weapons having up to a 500 kiloton yield each and their own separate targets.

As far as I know, Russia doesn't have 100 megaton bombs, the largest nuclear bomb ever detonated was the Tsar bomb at 50 megaton.

Either way, at the end of the day no one would be debating which megaton/kiloton was what. Let's just hope it never comes to that.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You are talking about impossible war scenarios with nuclear exchange. Don't bother this. If such war would happen none of us survive in Europe or America. Instead we have exclusive occasion to see this bizarre war between Russia and Ukraine with no shooting and no victims in direct actions. However this lazy war is the new type of war. We should learn this what we could see now. The complete opposition to blitzkrieg. War with so slow progress that international community don't know how to react. Russians developed completely new strategy we had never faced before. This is more dangerous that nuclear missals because it has practical application as we can see and we don't know how to deal with it.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Opraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Melbourne_Militia
Poland already activated Article 4 of the NATO agreement last week I beleive. Stressing the fact that it felt threatened by Russias actions next door. Allies are mandated under the agreement to support Poland or other Nato countries should they feel threatened.

Exactly, there is a very good reason to want to be in NATO.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I see your signature as quoting the UN Charter.

What makes me sad is that I actually believe in the vision of the UN BUT the big players such as Russia and the U.S., who also are in the Permanent Five on the Security Council and have veto power, are simply not following international law as is. As you noted in your signature, no country is allowed to act unilaterally with force except in response to an attack by another. No pre-emptive strikes, no Iraq War, no Russia moving into Crimea, so on and so forth. How can we expect anybody else to honor such international laws if the biggest powers and those who slap sanctions on everyone else act with impunity and invade/coerce/coup/interfere/fund civil war other countries?

I actually study with UN people and those who work with diplomats on the Security Council. I just finished an internship with UNDP. As far as development, UN people really do seem to be there for the right reasons, like social justice or poverty. But with the Security Council or General Assembly, many seem to be power hungry or just traditional politicians and diplomats (not all of course).
edit on 24-3-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

If a 100 megaton missile hit Liverpool, you would be dead in an instant, no matter which part you happen to reside in.

It would wipe out everyone in Liverpool and most Mancunians.

And two weeks later the rest of the country would be dead from radiation poisioning only the russians built bunkers for it's civilians

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

kx12x

The U.S. has Minuteman ICBMs which can contain up to three separate nuclear weapons having up to a 500 kiloton yield each and their own separate targets.

As far as I know, Russia doesn't have 100 megaton bombs, the largest nuclear bomb ever detonated was the Tsar bomb at 50 megaton.

Either way, at the end of the day no one would be debating which megaton/kiloton was what. Let's just hope it never comes to that.

And the tzar bomb nearly took the atmosphere down if they had to go with the 100 mt yield but the lab geeks got cold feet and only did 50

i wonder if the Israeli embassy's going on strike worldwide is just a coincidence

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

kx12x

actually it was 100 megatons, they reduced the yield to 50 to reduce fall out.

The bomb was just competently insanely large and they never bothered to do a test close to that insane amount ever again.
edit on b4444453 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

If a 100 megaton missile hit Liverpool, you would be dead in an instant, no matter which part you happen to reside in.

It would wipe out everyone in Liverpool and most Mancunians.

Err but they dont use 100 mt warheads.

500-700 kt is the standard sizes
edit on 25-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Biigs

kx12x

actually it was 100 megatons, they reduced the yield to 50 to reduce fall out.

The bomb was just competently insanely large and they never bothered to do a test close to that insane amount ever again.
edit on b4444453 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

I remember reading years ago that anything over about 80 MT would be pointless as the shockwave would pass through the atmosphere and much of the power would simply dissipate into space, that's probably one of the reasons everyone gave up on really huge nukes. (That and the fact it's better to use smaller MIRVs on a missile).

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
So far, the only people ratcheting up all the war talk and scare mongering are the US and it's lapdog friendlies in NATO and the EU.
So far, Russia has made no aggressive moves towards any other place except Crimea, and even there have not moved in all the troops and tanks the western governments are alleging.

It's all just posturing to ramp up the fear factor and swiftly usher in the new cold war, and maybe, if some get their way, a new shooting war too just to cover up the rampant criminality. Hey, the bankers did it twice already in the last century, so why not use a tried and tested "reset" a third time?

Russia has neither the resources, money nor the will to go invading anyone, it's all just propaganda and we have seen it all before.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Considering the Russian moves in Ukraine, it is common sense for any nation in the previous Soviet sphere to be at least slightly worried. No one knows what Putin is going to do next and preparing for the worst-case scenerio is definitely justified. I do not details about Polish reserves, although in most nations in the area it is common to have certain call-ups after certain periods, either once a year, once every two years or something similar. This might be a regular call-up, maybe at first it was planned to be later but due to the circumstances the dates where brought earlier, just in case. Being ready is never a bad thing.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I shall have to check with my polish friends here in Glasgow and Edinburgh if any of them have been called back to Poland on this exercise and what they think of it

Interesting but at the same time quite scary

My opinion, if Britain calls up reserves they are "gettin telt tae take there face for a #e"
I'm not fighting in a politicians war no way I'd take up arms against fellow human beings for some political agenda

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Definitely.

The effects of a blast and heat so large, where seen for hundreds of miles. Even windows broke in other countries!!

If a 50mt device was dropped in the center of the uk, it would pretty much wipe out everything and or break houses in the whole uk.

Its rather hard to imagine a huge bomb of this magnitude. The fear factor is certainly enormous, the russians only dropped it to show the states that it could, i dont think they ever planned to drop it on anyone. "The best weapon is one you never actually have to use"

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Why are Polish men in London getting military call-up papers?

Excerpt

This happened to a friend of mine in London at the end of last week.

At least 7,000 reservists have been recalled to the colours for immediate exercises lasting between 10 and 30 days.

They’re told by the Polish authorities that the call-ups are “routine”: but the men say they haven’t been asked before and they’re well aware of the growing alarm in Warsaw at President Putin’s aggression. Three weeks ago, their Prime Minister, Donald Tusk, called a press conference to warn that “the world stands on the brink of conflict, the consequences of which are not foreseen… Not everyone in Europe is aware of this situation.”
This is quite interesting. Poland feel threatened enough to start calling up their army reserves. I would imagine Poland are not just calling their reserves up from the UK but also in other countries. I wonder what else other NATO nations are doing as this reserve call up seems to have been kept on the down low.
edit on 24-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

One only looks to the Katyn Massacre to understand why the Polish expect the worst.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There would be no point in defending the country... it's the one place the Polish themselves don't want to be!!

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Korg Trinity
There would be no point in defending the country... it's the one place the Polish themselves don't want to be!!

Peace,

Korg.

Apparently you've never been to Poland? It's one of the more beautiful countries in Europe!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If the Polish are being called back then that will really mess with EU economies as there are millions here doing the jobs we refuse to, due to the pay and conditions, if this is true it might be the straw that breaks the economy.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Bearack

Korg Trinity

Peace,

Korg.

Apparently you've never been to Poland? It's one of the more beautiful countries in Europe!

I said nothing about how beautiful the country may be in terms of it's geology.

I simply make a point that the Migration statistics speak volumes about where the polish prefer to be..... and it isn't Poland!

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

johnb
If the Polish are being called back then that will really mess with EU economies as there are millions here doing the jobs we refuse to, due to the pay and conditions, if this is true it might be the straw that breaks the economy.

Really??

EU employment Migration is a huge problem for the Economy.

1. Up to 10 EU Migrants living in one rented house all working on a shift rota 24 hours a day...

2. The largest percentage of this money is then sent HOME

3. Claim for families tax credit for children not even in the country (UK)

The overall effect is money being sucked out of our economy and injected into another...

Labour opened the flood gates of Migration into the UK and the coalition have been trying their best to close them... but the EU is resisting the attempts... a major reason to ratify the UK referendum on leaving the EU come 2016....

Peace,

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join