It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland calling up military reserves immediately

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

I seem quite popular. *blushes*

I should be wrong more often.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

juspassinthru

xavi1000
When you take bone from the dog, the dog will attack you. Putin will be pushed hard. He may take some bad moves.

Putin may just as well make some good moves.

The "west" has been busy encircling Russia and China, ever so slowly, for years. Now they are involved in corruption up the wazoo trying to implement world government and world control.

Frankly, I think the would would be a better place if Washington, NATO and the UN were glowing in the dark. It's impossible for the west to build anything of worth starting with this level of corruption.

The west has been encircling Russia and China since the cold war. The west has been removing troops and bases over the last few years, not the other way around.

If the west, NATO, etc were glowing in the dark... It won't be much longer before the rest of the planet is.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I know there is a lot of political maneuvering on many levels here, with Russia being the aggressor at this point. I have seen a lot of backing down from many politicians whether it be directly or by words with no action. Is it possible that the information that Snowden has on the US spying is encompassing of a lot more than just the US and Putin is using this information to effectively get his way? I mean, nobody really knows what information is being kept a secret, but it seems a lot of this was put into action after Snowden began releasing docs here and there and with the help of Russia. Even with the latest comments from Obama on not being worried about Russia, it would seem he has some type of upper hand in the continuing conflict at the moment that seems to be allowing him to get away with most anything he would like to.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I imagine if things went tilt and it was all-out war, the smaller nukes would be used first, mainly tactical ones on each other's military.

But the bigger ones would be on standby and yes, Russia does have 100 megaton missiles.

And I understand USA has 500 megaton missiles.

Let's hope cool heads prevail in the current crisis.

Soviet Russia had a 100mt bomb not missile. USA never went as big as Russia. 150mt is the mythical yield. Any bigger and the plume would just poke past the atmosphere with the ground killing area not being much bigger than a 100.

3 smaller warheads carrying 1-5mt would dominate a city more efficiently than a single bigg'n.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Hope NATO or the un doesn't allow Russia walking through another country.

Smart move on their part for preparing. Hope they are able to hold up against any attacks.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Good point.

As I see it, the reasons for the current Russian manoeuvres are twofold:

1. The West's streamlining of their conventional forces

2. The perception (deserved or not) that the current Commander-In-Chief of the West is a wussbag.

Actually I like the fact that Obama is less belligerent than his predecessor, but this may be viewed by Russia and China as a welcome weakness to be exploited while it lasts.

Could you imagine the Crimea thing taking place when Bush was president?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

"Could you imagine the Crimea thing taking place when Bush he was just was president?"

That's has to be a resounding yes considering the Man was a fool(Not the Dad he was another kettle of fish altogether)!

Ronald Reagan in his prime however would have stopped them rather sharpish me thinks!

edit on 25-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

CJCrawley

Could you imagine the Crimea thing taking place when Bush was president?

Like when Russia invaded Georgia? Wait Putin pulled that in front of Bush..

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Different scenario.

Putin was fighting his own war on terrorism.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I don't see what being a "fool" has got to do with it; the point is, Bush was hawkish.

And I'm struggling to see how Reagan had anything more to commend him in the intellectual stakes, or that he would have "stopped them" any more successfully than Bush.

Though, granted, he too was hawkish.
edit on 25.3.2014 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Different scenario.

Putin was fighting his own war on terrorism.

If you buy into Putin's pretext for invasion. Russia covertly destabilizes nearby territory with large Russian populations, then invades and "liberates" those territories. All the while, the former Russian empire grows..

Don't be blinded by propaganda. It's pretty obvious what's happened with Georgia is now happening in the Ukraine. Both were NATO allied states. Georgia voted to merge with NATO, so a pretext was created, successfully to stifle that effort. Ukraine was going the same direction until Putin installed a puppet government. After that Ukraine voted against NATO membership, then the puppet government was thrown out.. Here we go, another "liberation."

Pretty damn obvious to the rest of us..

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that the US and the west have been choking on Russia since the cold war ended. This is totally predictable, and there is little that could be done to stop Putin.

The people in Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. In their mind, he took what was already his. The coup in Ukraine has been intolerable for him; Putin had his stooge in place there, just like the US does in Mexico. It would be as if Mexico was taken over by a Communist, who started turning off trade with the US, and then talking about "Defending Mexico against the US," by installing a Chinese made missle "shield" over Mexico, that happens to cover the USA as well.

Putin is not doing anything (other than annexation), that the US hasn't already done in the past 20 years.

Remember the elections in Iraq and Afghanistan, where the poling stations were "guarded" by squads of US soldiers?

Granted, it was 25 years ago; but please tell me how Russia with respect to Ukraine differs from The US invasion of Panama in 1989.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

"I don't see what being a "fool" has got to do with it?"

You don't see why being a fool while dealing with someone like Vladimir Putin could be an issue?

World War Three seems like rather a large issue hence to do with it!

And Obama just don't seem to have the claws for it never mind the brass balls required. Putin however that dude seems fearless.

Hopefully it will not all end in tears, theirs or ours!

edit on 25-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wow. I think it is incredible that many of you view Russia as being the aggressor. No Russian troops invaded Crimea, they were already there, with a contingent of reserves along Ukraine's borders just in case. If Putin hadn't mobilised is already in place forces in the Crimea, the world would be watching TV reports of Ukrainians killing Russians, like the Ukrainian snipers on the roofs.
Putin has no plans to invade other EU countries, regardless of what you think of him, or the war you twistedly hope for. Some of you are incapable of reading the real actions that the West is authoring, especially in the Ukraine, because without promises from the West, the current Ukraine leadership wouldn't be acting or speaking so bold.

Both Russia and Putin are getting pay back for Syria, and for the financial deals that could potentially hurt America. You all need to get it in your heads, war with Russia would be a nuclear war. Do any of you seriously believe Putin to have such a death wish? Why with nuclear threat always hovering above him would he want to invade another country, especially one with Western back up?

No! What is going on is the pot is being stirred in order to undermine Russia's economy, to bring it down slightly, so that its bite is not as bad. All the talk of Russia being an aggressor is scaring off investment, it is simply Western fearmongering, and it is working, but it will also work against the West, and force Putin to make moves to safeguard Russia in economic and financial terms. If it truly becomes a military issue, we all know where that would lead, and if you are one of the posters who actually wants to see it happen, you are sick in the head.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Makes sense. Sit on couch too much = gain weight = more sitting on couch = bone density lowers = cardiovasscular system worsens = injuries = disease = etc.

Call up reserves and others and keep people ready.

Don't let the security guards fall asleep or play cards because you never know...
edit on 25-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The polish people should rethink anti gun laws and arm every single household in Poland. This would stop any thoughts about invasion. Look in the past people of Poland and many other countries and see your future.

Also they should build up there military fast just look at what happened in the Ukraine because of lack of strong leadership and confusion. Build up your military on the border and start getting the civilians ready to defend.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I agree. We should make friends, not war. *thumbs up*

BUT you have to be prepared just in case the friendship breaks up and turns sour.
edit on 25-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

elysiumfire
Wow. I think it is incredible that many of you view Russia as being the aggressor. No Russian troops invaded Crimea, they were already there, with a contingent of reserves along Ukraine's borders just in case. If Putin hadn't mobilised is already in place forces in the Crimea, the world would be watching TV reports of Ukrainians killing Russians, like the Ukrainian snipers on the roofs.
Putin has no plans to invade other EU countries, regardless of what you think of him, or the war you twistedly hope for. Some of you are incapable of reading the real actions that the West is authoring, especially in the Ukraine, because without promises from the West, the current Ukraine leadership wouldn't be acting or speaking so bold.

Both Russia and Putin are getting pay back for Syria, and for the financial deals that could potentially hurt America. You all need to get it in your heads, war with Russia would be a nuclear war. Do any of you seriously believe Putin to have such a death wish? Why with nuclear threat always hovering above him would he want to invade another country, especially one with Western back up?

No! What is going on is the pot is being stirred in order to undermine Russia's economy, to bring it down slightly, so that its bite is not as bad. All the talk of Russia being an aggressor is scaring off investment, it is simply Western fearmongering, and it is working, but it will also work against the West, and force Putin to make moves to safeguard Russia in economic and financial terms. If it truly becomes a military issue, we all know where that would lead, and if you are one of the posters who actually wants to see it happen, you are sick in the head.

Did Russia not scuttle a ship to block Ukrainian ships in port? Were those ships not boarded and the commanding officers take prisoner? Wasn't a Ukrainian officer killed in his own barracks while they were barricaded inside? Didn't Russia deploy some 150,000 troops to the Easterner boarder of Ukraine and perform military drills? Did Russian paratroopers parachute in and capture a gas plant? And wasn't it Russian who captured a ferry and transported Russian APC's and arms into Crimea?

I'm fairly sure Ukraine has been way more complaisant than most countries would but considering the majority of the states treasury was shipped to Russia and their military decimated by the previous administration. They've (Russia) not only stole land, but the people of Ukraine's treasury. They (Russian) are the aggressors here. No one else!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Nail - head...

So what information?

It has to be something that divulges the inner core of forward strategy; something that reaches into the very gut, a clarity on the forward agenda of the military complex's self satisfying mission- something juicy!

Nor would I imagine that Greenwald has that info; a card up the sleeve only to play for Snowden's future comfort.

The important thing is not what that information might be, but if Putin has it as you suggest. If he does have it, welcome to the Putin show. He does love to plump up the feathers and strutt about, and in accord with your thinking Vasa, I believe we will see a lot more of the strutting...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

sligtlyskeptical

You are not worried by Neo - Nazis setting up camp next door? Seriously I thought that Poland would be much more against the Neo-Nazis then against the Russians. Soviet actions in 1939 were to keep northern Poland out of Germany's hands in my opinion.

Right Sector in Ucraine is a margin political force which make more noise rather than they have real support. In Europe left wing parties like to scare people this demonic neonazis to make people vote on them but in fact neonazi have in our part of europe les than 1% support. How can I afraid them? As I said they are margin.

The only nazi I afraid is in fact Putin. In his words and actions you can clearly read some transformed points of nazi ideology. In this circumstances he is completely hypocrite accusing the Ukrainians government being neonazi.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Opraks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join