It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland calling up military reserves immediately

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why are Polish men in London getting military call-up papers?

Excerpt

This happened to a friend of mine in London at the end of last week.

At least 7,000 reservists have been recalled to the colours for immediate exercises lasting between 10 and 30 days.

They’re told by the Polish authorities that the call-ups are “routine”: but the men say they haven’t been asked before and they’re well aware of the growing alarm in Warsaw at President Putin’s aggression. Three weeks ago, their Prime Minister, Donald Tusk, called a press conference to warn that “the world stands on the brink of conflict, the consequences of which are not foreseen… Not everyone in Europe is aware of this situation.”
This is quite interesting. Poland feel threatened enough to start calling up their army reserves. I would imagine Poland are not just calling their reserves up from the UK but also in other countries. I wonder what else other NATO nations are doing as this reserve call up seems to have been kept on the down low.
edit on 24-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Seems like a good time to test their military readiness, I don't blame them.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
When you take bone from the dog , the dog will attack you.Putin will be pushed hard.He may take some bad moves.

"The Russian stock market's down 20 percent this year already. That's the worst performing index in the world," spokeswoman Maria Harf told reporters. "That's $75 billion of market value wiped away, due in large part to the power and reach of our sanctions.

"The Russian currency is near an all-time low as investors have lost confidence in the economy and fled into dollars."

Link

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I relate this whole situation to techtonic plates building pressure.

Eventually the pressure becomes so great that the plates slip, and the resulting force is not only catastrophic, it is completely unstoppable and leaves nothing behind but rubble.

The tension across the globe is growing closer to the breaking point, and I can only hope if there is a God(s) he/she/they/it come to set us straight very soon.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Poland better do this, honestly, Putin is getting his military ready and will probably take full advantage of any weakness the West has regarding its slacking military. One example: The U.S. is supposed to have 12-15 aircraft carriers active, but only has around 1 or 2, with the ability to get a third by the end of one month after it is needed.

We have been fighting counter-insurgency wars for a while now where we get to be a bit lazy. Putin has been doing full-on military drills and keeping his military ready. As we can see, he didn't even need to fire any shots really to take over Crimea, the sight of a country with enough balls to walk in and take over another one these days made them surrender over there.

These days, it is talk this, talk that, have a committee propose sanctions, ten years later sign the treaty, you know the drill. I don't think paperwork could be done fast enough if the Kremlin did a few surprise blitzkriegs.
edit on 24pmMon, 24 Mar 2014 19:27:14 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well so far India, China and North Korea have been siding with Russia, to name 3 countries that I know of. It is not looking good. Poland is wise to call up reservists and so should a lot of other countries. We haven't seen a de-escalation of this crisis. On the contrary it just gets worse and worse like a bad movie.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think that Poland doing this is smart...though I think it should be all out full call out. For two to three months. Get them trained up again.

But then again, I can't help but think of the Polish Cavalry charging Panzers back in the beginning of WWII. I wonder if NATO would leave them hanging again?

It's obvious that with this US Administration, that they don't have anybody's back, except their former enemies, then this Admin is all about helping.

edit on 24-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Putin has his eyes on all former USSR territory, Poland is wise to do this. All former bloc states should form an alliance and embolden the West to offer support.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Poland already activated Article 4 of the NATO agreement last week I beleive. Stressing the fact that it felt threatened by Russias actions next door. Allies are mandated under the agreement to support Poland or other Nato countries should they feel threatened.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

xavi1000
When you take bone from the dog, the dog will attack you. Putin will be pushed hard. He may take some bad moves.

Putin may just as well make some good moves.

The "west" has been busy encircling Russia and China, ever so slowly, for years. Now they are involved in corruption up the wazoo trying to implement world government and world control.

Frankly, I think the would would be a better place if Washington, NATO and the UN were glowing in the dark. It's impossible for the west to build anything of worth starting with this level of corruption.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I doubt Putin has any serious designs on any EU country, unless he's completely insane.

Problem is - I'm not convinced he isn't.

He scares the willies out of me in a way not even George W. Bush ever did.

We know he wants to restore the Soviet Union.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

juspassinthru

The "west" has been busy encircling Russia and China, ever so slowly, for years. Now they are involved in corruption up the wazoo trying to implement world government and world control.

Frankly, I think the would would be a better place if Washington, NATO and the UN were glowing in the dark. It's impossible for the west to build anything of worth starting with this level of corruption.

Sorry, i will choose West before Russia and China at this moment without thinking.Level of corruption in Russia is way above comparing to West.Not mentioning standard of living,human rights,democracy... I wonder why most of people in third world countries love to migrate to West and not to Russia or China.And in the end you can make a move, nobody is holding you

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I would not trust Putin to change my cat's litter tray. But he is not stupid. He knows that if he invades Poland, or even Czech Republic or the Baltic States he would be deposed by those inside his party. Or taken out. Crimea he has taken. He should accept that is all he can get. NATO et al will have to live with that. And do a deal. Tell Putin you can have Crimea but step one toe nail into any other country then that is a huge fat red line.

I really do hope he is not insane, if he does invade as described above then I am afraid it is curtains for us all. Make the most of each day folks, there may not be many of them left. If nuclear war breaks out, the place I work in will be in the immediate blast zone. If it happens when I am at home I will probably die of radiation sickness within a few days. I would rather have a bullet in the back of my head then die in such a horrid way. Oh and pray that if aliens are watching us and the stories of them switching off nukes are true, that they show up and switch them off when it all kicks off.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Stay calm and keep going

I live in Gdansk in Poland. Of course everybody here live situation in Ukraine this days but Russia is loosing this war so badly in economic way that I don't think they would allow themselves fore any worse actions. Even if Putin is completely insane and wants to resurrect soviet empire people from his surrounding takes care only about money and own interest. In worst scenario I'm pretty sure that some helpful hand with a knife would stop him if Russian money would feel threatened.
By the way, thousands of Russians from Kaliningrad visits Gdansk everyday for shopping but in last few weeks this number is drooping because ruble exchange rate is falling rapidly. This is the worst consequence of this madness so far. Unfortunately this hits mostly ordinary people in Russia.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Opraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

If a 100 megaton missile hit Liverpool, you would be dead in an instant, no matter which part you happen to reside in.

It would wipe out everyone in Liverpool and most Mancunians.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

darkbake

One example: The U.S. is supposed to have 12-15 aircraft carriers active, but only has around 1 or 2, with the ability to get a third by the end of one month after it is needed.

edit on 24pmMon, 24 Mar 2014 19:27:14 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

That is not so. We have more than three out right now. In a situation like this the military can sail what they want budget or no budget. The pres can tell them to sail everything we have and they would not give two craps about money. I think only one or two are down for reactor refueling and watch how fast that gets done if Vlad the bald guy makes a move into mainland Ukraine.

the Navy said it will be forced to “shut down at various intervals” the USS John C. Stennis, the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, USS Ronald Reagan and the Roosevelt. The Navy’s active carrier fleet already has been reduced to 10 vessels because of the retirement of the USS Enterprise in November. Removing more carriers from action will leave the Navy unable to surge a large number of ships and strike fighters to a hot spot like the Persian Gulf. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

If a 100 megaton missile hit Liverpool, you would be dead in an instant, no matter which part you happen to reside in.

It would wipe out everyone in Liverpool and most Mancunians.

Since Marvin the Martian is not going to destroy earth anytime soon I doubt he is going to build a rocket large enough to carry such a mythical bomb. The largest ever was a 50 megaton bomb that Russia dropped out of a bomber in one test. Most today are 1-10 megaton do to improved accuracy.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

juspassinthru

xavi1000
When you take bone from the dog, the dog will attack you. Putin will be pushed hard. He may take some bad moves.

Putin may just as well make some good moves.

And you think Russia and China are not corrupt? You need to get your head out of the clouds. Go ask people who live in these countries just how great they are if they have ever lived in the west.

If we the U.S. were not in the middle east making sure the oil flows to whoever needs it, Russia and China would be there making sure only they got it. I can point to Russia's extortion of Ukraine and Germany many years ago by turning off the oil flowing through Ukraine. China would try to take it all for themselves.

The only reason they do not invade the middle east and steal the oil is that they have no force projection other than having their troops walk there lol. Their navy and airlift capability is to small.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

This post is laughable. The U.S. Military has shrunk yearly since Gulf war I. It continues to do so. Troop reductions in Europe have been ongoing.

Obama reneges on the ABM agreement with the Ukraine which actually encourages Putin's move into Crimea.

The is no more encirclement now than in the cold war. It's just the ex-Warsaw Pact members makes it a bit closer to Russian borders. That's the direct result of those nations fearing Russia...not the U.S..

While the "corruption" in the west is valid, that doesn't equate to the expansionism of Russia with anywhere near the same threat to world peace.

Careful what one "wishes" upon others, it tends to come back to haunt one....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I imagine if things went tilt and it was all-out war, the smaller nukes would be used first, mainly tactical ones on each other's military.

But the bigger ones would be on standby and yes, Russia does have 100 megaton missiles.

And I understand USA has 500 megaton missiles.

Let's hope cool heads prevail in the current crisis.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join