It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight MH066 from Kula Lumper made Emergency Landing at Hong Kong

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Who says this plane wasn't overweight? Sure the plane is designed to fly on one engine empty for the most part not fully loaded(cargo, people, fuel) the pilots probably knew it was overweight and couldn't fly on one motor safely. It is a very real possibility the pilots thought they would go down. My thoughts. Who knows when the pilots landed they tell everyone involved "I have no idea how the thing stayed in the air".

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by matthuber

Exactly! This wouldn't even be a page five one line blurb if it hadn't been Malaysia.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Except for the minor fact that losing a generator does NOT mean they lost an engine (and in this case they didn't). And if they were overweight, they would have had trouble even getting off the ground, let alone flying on one engine.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

ChaosComplex
I know I'm not the only one to find the timing of this to be very odd.

All the speculation of electrical issues with the missing 777, and now electrical issues with this aircraft ran by the same airline? Hmmm......

Zaphod58
The 777 is capable of taking off, flying to its destination, and landing safely with one engine...

According to what I'm seeing:

In a statement today Malaysia Airlines said Flight MH066, which was carrying 271 people, had taken off from Kuala Lumpur at 11.37pm on Sunday and made the emergency landing in Hong Kong at 2.53am today.

Fire crews were put on standby for the arrival of the Airbus 330-300, a larger jet than the Boeing 777 which is missing - the Airbus can carry up to 440 passengers, while the Boeing has a 365 passenger capacity.

Despite the emergency landing, the airline said that electrical power continued to be supplied by an auxiliary power unit.

(source)
Article from OP

(emphasis mine)
This MH066 was an Airbus 330-300, yes? I'm not familiar with aircraft really but do these two machines share electrical systems? And can this Airbus 330-300 also perform after engine failure?
edit on 3/24/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

Maybe its a staged and created cover story....part of a larger psyop.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I don't know if you are a commercial pilot or not but you were not flying this plane. If I was the pilot and someone farted in a weird way, I might find it suspicious or be concerned. Who cares what they did but whatever they did do the plane made it down ok. It's not your money why are you so mad. If you're not concerned with safety fly Somali Pirate Airlines. I hear parts fall off and no one shrugs.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

I'm not mad at all. I just think it's insane to tell people to put their life jackets on, and prepare to ditch, when the problem didn't even affect their ability to fly in the slightest. There's cautious, and then there's insane. This falls in the latter category. I get, and agree with, being cautious and preparing for the worst. But this went so far overboard in preparing that it doesn't even begin to make sense.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

marbles87
...If I was the pilot and someone farted in a weird way...

"Don't be alarmed by the oxygen masks, cabin pressure is fine but the passenger in 19b seems to have sharted...Place the mask over your face and take slow deep breaths. God save us all..."

matthuber
It's a kind of issue that wouldn't have made the news if it wasn't a Malaysian air craft

The more I learn about commercial aircraft the more this point comes up in my mind.

edit on 3/25/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join