It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Actual Location of the 'Holy Grail' is...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by Meldionne1

EBAY is good for that. Seriously ... i was 'window shopping' on EBAY recently and put in 'holy relics'. WOW. I woudln't buy any from EBAY .. but there are some in there that look old and authentic (with paperwork.) I got mine from a priest friend in Rome. (he passed away in January so I can't get anymore now).

I have a few "1st class" relics from my 'conservative Catholic' days.
St. Jerome Emiliani, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Dismas, and Bl Kateri Tekakwitha.
(with papers and stamps from Rome)

Very cool! And Sorry your friend passed.....I probably wouldn't buy on eBay ,I wouldn't trust it... but I do frequent antique shops, yard sales, etc,,, you just never know!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

What is Holy?

The Holy Spirit. We all have one of those, by the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

intrptr

What is Holy?

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

you are your own grail!

as the coyote said: you are a genius Wiley!
i WAS thinking with my little grail ( thanks for pointing that out sf!)
which i now raise in salute

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago09 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago35 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

this is great
now everybody can have one!

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago57 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thanks, you're walking on (frozen) water to get to the fish was pretty good, too.

The miracle of life and a little humor surely helps the medicine go down.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Danbones

this is great

Yeah...but it would still be kind of nice to have the physical version of it, just as a nice novelty item to chuck some evening incense into (oh yeah, and maybe some fame and fortune to go along with it as well)
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Danbones

this is great

Yeah...but it would still be kind of nice to have the physical version of it, just as a nice novelty item to chuck some evening incense into (oh yeah, and maybe some fame and fortune to go along with it as well)
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

no
lol
I get that
but look what happened in the indiana jones movie you know...
in the end some of those grail hunting characters got famous for the wrong reasons..

IMHO
there is no substitute for good old fashioned joy...
if you got that in you....
what else could anybody put in your cup that would top that?

Well, except maybe standing on a bowsprit with the whole boat behind you..
running down wind..three feet off the water
silently...smiling...eating a peice of fresh fish

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Danbones

Well, except maybe standing on a bowsprit with the whole boat behind you..
running down wind..three feet off the water
silently...smiling...eating a peice of fresh fish

...a piece of fresh fish and drinking wine from a high-vibe chalice of incredible historical import that one has spent many educative hours finding.

I agree...what a pleasant life.

Just booked a flight to Valencia + Boat Rental + a nighttime "Tour" of the Cathedral.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Greed has poisoned the grail wine of many a man.

Second line. (Do we even still have that rule?)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

There may be some people looking for a physical golden "grail".
That will not help anyone attain Salvation.

You must work out your own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).
Fear being used to mean "reverence" and Trembling being used to mean "Caution".

If you keep The Royal Law found in the scriptures, which says "Love your neighbor as yourself", then you are doing well (James 2:8).

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Like I told you the other day, I don't even know how to respond to most of the responses here, haha!
Well, without being a huge jerk at least (there are a lot of ways to respond like that!).

So I'll start by saying Dan you rock! You totally got it.

That materialistic notions of the "Grail" oppose the entire point of "Jesus's Message of Love".
"True Value" resides only in our 'Hearts'.

The Quest for that 'Holy Treasure' eludes many to this very day.

So in a funny way posting what I did was like a litmus test of the community.
I have completed an early analysis and can use the data obtained.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

arpgme

There may be some people looking for a physical golden "grail".
That will not help anyone attain Salvation.

You totally got it.
Thanks for understanding.
You cause me to want to play with words this morning to express an interesting idea:

Reverence for the revenant of remembrance that reveals ambivalence and equivalence ?
That's why the "Grail" rail for the gray ray of El?
The 'catcher in the grai' ?

Haha, ok I'll stop.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

intrptr

What is Holy?

Yes, take a swig of that 'Spirit'.
I think it's an endless bottle or something.
I also don't think there are any limits to how much you can consume.

Oh but I think that those who have the 'wrong idea' will 'spiritually vomit' from just one sip.
So there are a lot of internal issues that have to be solved first I would conclude.

Thank you for reminding me that there are others here who can eat and drink without a negative reaction.

This thread only got like 7 flags but that means that there are a lot of you who are smart.
Things are actually looking bright and I feel progress is being made.
Just inching along...slowly but surely.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This thread only got like 7 flags but that means that there are a lot of you who are smart.
Things are actually looking bright and I feel progress is being made.
Just inching along…slowly but surely.

At the speed of spirit? Or denial?

How fast is that anyway? I think the spirit moves at the pace of still.

Be still and know.

Distilling our spirits.

Thanks for the thread idea muzzleflash, I give it a bunch of spirit flags.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
S&F! Love a good Grail story, interesting thread

The physical grail seemed to just appear between those early 11-13th centuries, but I haven't heard of any other sources that are earlier, nothing in the bible? Gnostic Scriptures? Nothing.

The inside grail ...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

intrptr

Thanks for the thread idea muzzleflash, I give it a bunch of spirit flags.

Thank you for making sure I didn't feel alone/isolated for posting it.
I really do notice and appreciate that.
That must mean you are pro for actin like a bro (or sis).

Next time you see me posting something wacky just remember who is to blame!
Maybe even today...will see what happens.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I did post it to 'tickle your funny bone' which can hurt sometimes but I see you found it humerus!
Excellent! Thanks Oxford.
No fibula!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Why certainly, bro.

You inspire me.

Don't let it go to your head.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

oxford
S&F! Love a good Grail story, interesting thread

The physical grail seemed to just appear between those early 11-13th centuries, but I haven't heard of any other sources that are earlier, nothing in the bible? Gnostic Scriptures? Nothing.

The inside grail ...

Me too, and agreed - great thread Muzz x

There's an interesting parallel, but not exactly the same story, in the Tuatha de Danaan - the mysterious sea people in Irish legends. These stories are earlier, although pinning them down is difficult.
Whereas Arthur (in the Grail legends) had Excalibur (the sword), the Grail cup, the Holy Spear and the dish, the Tuatha had the Sword of Nuada, the cauldron of Dagda, the Spear of Lugh and the Lia Fail (a stone). These in turn almost mirror the tarot minor arcana of swords (air/mind), cups (water/heart), wands (fire/energy) and pentacles (earth/outer world).

Some writers have argued that the Samartian (Scythian) Nart Sagas could hold the origins of the story.
In any case, the 4 objects are hallowed or Holy and refer to inner quests, striking balance, and in the case of the chalice/grail/cups finding God's love and acting to others from a place of love. Or so they say.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

intrptr

Why certainly, bro.

You inspire me.

Don't let it go to your head.

Thank you for inspiring me to keep at it, I have a lot more tricks up my sleeve some I don't even know about yet.
I keep lighting my own exploding cigars though.
I got them mixed up with the good ones so it's a trial and error process...

You know had the entire community suddenly cared what I had to offer...
It may have really went to my head, I admit that's a risky possibility with anyone at any time.

But being I'm totally underground now and in the dark shadowy alley ways of ATS's slums...

I don't think we have much to worry about in terms of narcissism these days.
Just trying to hold off the defeatist attitude at this point, haha, it's ever present.

But I'm still in "the Game" so if you need a fix, you know where to find the kill.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thats an interesting point you keep making. You do understand this is a new world we occupy on the internet. If before long term members were respected for their tenure and status, now they are dinosaurs, as suspect as the leviathan government and corporations that everyone seems to despise for their corruption and greed.

Whats new is less likely to be a part off that paradigm. I think it began at the beginning of the computer age. The newest fastest whiz-bang was required and the just newest is quickly obsolete.

Workers Unions (remember those?) are memories. Tenure is a rut. The newer generations seem only concerned with immediate gratification and what is only new. Part of that desire is a good thing. Trust in the system is evaporated. The more they ignore it the sooner it will go away (fingers crossed)?

We are dinosaurs dude, much like the battle ship and the prophet. We are obsolete. Ho hummm, heavy sigh.

They can pry my keyboard from my cold dead fingers.

Thats the beauty of the internet. I sit on my butt at home and type and the world can read it. Somewhere out there is a mind that goes, hey, I never thought of it that way before. I just handed them a small grail. Don't turn to a wax museum piece, keep it short, simple, sweet and insulting (well, maybe less insulting) and they will come.

Thats how you got the rep you did, you know. You are a fighter. An Iconoclast like me. I also noticed that after a hiatus it takes a while for people to re remember me. I come often and hit the new threads. Sometimes I can barely keep up with the responses if I troll on a weekend morning.

But I know you know all this. Hell, you helped teach me how to behave on the internet.

Thanks, when I need a broad side in a thread I will ping you with a single blast of sonar.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join