It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape In The Fields...Undocumented Immigrant Female Workers' Plight.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

amazing

Krazysh0t

amazing
We're already paying for undocumented workers and illegal aliens in healthcare premiums and all kinds of other ways.

Keep in mind, that if you lived in a poor Mexican village and had a chance to escape to the USA you would do it in a heartbeat. I would.

So they're here and there are issues. Amnesty and a clear cheap path to citizenship is the way. Or we could argue about it for another 20 years and accomplish nothing. hmmm what makes more sense?

So because they are already here and using a system that was supposed to be implemented for the citizens, we should just break down and let them in anyways? You know I have a better answer to your question, enforce the existing deportation laws as well as enforce the laws that shut businesses down for employing illegals. Maybe if we made it as difficult as possible to work in this country, they wouldn't be so willing to come here illegally. You know instead of bending over backwards and acquiescing to their demands and needs one by one.

But why not accept them into this country as citizens? We're already paying for them now, they are undocumented. Here's an idea. Make them citizens, document them now they pay taxes. All of our problems are solved. What's the issue with that? Editing to add.. what is your agenda here? Not just yours but anyone. Is it to punish those who broke a law? If so, then what is the end result? Or is it to move the country forward and actually solve a problem. Solving the problem should be the goal, in my opinion.
edit on 24-3-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

Legalizing them fixes one problem but creates another, employing all these people. Now we have all these newly documented illegals (I refuse to call them undocumented workers, the PC crowd isn't going to make me drop that term), but we also have the people who have always been citizens STILL out of work and due to a technicality now the people stealing the jobs from them are suddenly legal with every right to keep those jobs. On TOP of that, these newly legalized citizens will run into the same ruts and pitfalls as the existing citizens, that it is just cheaper to employ illegals for the job. So those newly legalized citizens will start losing their jobs to brand NEW illegals until the government decides it cannot handle all the illegals anymore and decides to give a whole new slew of people a pass.

Tell me, why should we reward someone who broke a law in a country by giving them citizenship to said country? Don't you think that creates an incentive for other people to hop the boarder illegally and wait for their free pass?

I will add one caveat to my original idea to fix this mess, clean up the bureaucracy and utter lunacy required to become a citizen legally. Right now it is a royal cluster# to do so, and that really needs to be cleaned up if we want to stress people using the legal channels to become a citizen.

ETA: I'm tired of all these feel good measures by Democrats to give everyone what they want, consequences be damned. Everything you do has consequences. Even the feel good measures.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I totally agree with you that the path to citizen ship is a chaotic mess, especially if you aren't a native English speaker. Clear that path up.

I disagree with your thought process. Give them amnesty and a clear path to citizenship to all illegal immigrants. They are already working here and taking jobs away from documented citizens. It just levels the field. If we continue down the path we've been on for the past ...how many years? Decades? Nothing ever changes. Nothing has changed in Decades. Let's fix it. New problems will arise. We'll fix them as they come up. We can't be afraid of change or what could happen.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

amazing

I totally agree with you that the path to citizen ship is a chaotic mess, especially if you aren't a native English speaker. Clear that path up.

I disagree with your thought process. Give them amnesty and a clear path to citizenship to all illegal immigrants. They are already working here and taking jobs away from documented citizens. It just levels the field. If we continue down the path we've been on for the past ...how many years? Decades? Nothing ever changes. Nothing has changed in Decades. Let's fix it. New problems will arise. We'll fix them as they come up. We can't be afraid of change or what could happen.

Nothing has changed because the government is so damn wishy-washy about the immigration thing. If government would actually ENFORCE the laws, then maybe things would start to change. But instead since they have been failing at that, we have to talk about legalizing their failures.

A random Congressman: "Whelp, we've kicked the can down the road so long, there is nothing to be done. Let's just legalize them and call it a day so we don't have to do any real legislating. Tee off's in an hour, I can't be late for that."

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

amazing

Nothing has changed because the government is so damn wishy-washy about the immigration thing. If government would actually ENFORCE the laws, then maybe things would start to change. But instead since they have been failing at that, we have to talk about legalizing their failures.

A random Congressman: "Whelp, we've kicked the can down the road so long, there is nothing to be done. Let's just legalize them and call it a day so we don't have to do any real legislating. Tee off's in an hour, I can't be late for that."

But what is better...legalize them all ...we get millions in tax revenue and citizenship fees. arrest and deport and it costs us millions with no return money the next year either. It's a cost thing. US makes money if we legalize them.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

amazing

First of all, rape is wrong no matter who is responsible or where they are from.
Now...to allow illegals to become legal without going through the proper channels is just rewarding bad behavior and encouraging more of it. How do you think the people already going through the proper channels feel being shoved to the back of the line? It is a slap in the face!

Illegals are in many areas of the work force. How do you think a citizen feels being turned away from a job that would support their families?

Also, though there are indeed poor Mexicans, many of them have spent quite a bit of money for stolen identities and fraudulent paperwork. Many are not poor if they can afford this. Our own poor citizens often have to decide between life saving medicines or food. That's poor. Many of our poor citizens do not move to another country to live illegally.

We cannot choose which laws we want to follow. Other law breakers do not get rewarded in any way. By having amnesties in the past, the only thing we got was more illegals coming into the country, millions more. It has cost tax payers a fortune when they can barely care for themselves.

So...even though we may have compassion for poor people, no matter where they come from or what culture or what color they are, we first need to care for our own citizens.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

"But what is better...legalize them all ...we get millions in tax revenue and citizenship fees. arrest and deport and it costs us millions with no return money the next year either. It's a cost thing. US makes money if we legalize them."

Billions of dollars are sent out of the country by both legal and illegal immigrants. Many claim children that don't even belong to them or live in this country for a tax credit refund. And legal or not, there are still employers who allow some of their employees to work under the table so many still don't have to pay into the system.

If we enforced existing laws by deporting illegals, by fining and or imprisoning employers who hire illegals and take away all freebies, we wouldn't have the massive problems we do today.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I think it's more a question of how our laws are written and what is right thing to do? As was pointed out earlier, the path to citizenship is a bit of a chaotic maze. The first thing we should do is straighten that out. Then we need to ...well.. do something. We haven't been doing anything for the past few years. Not really.

I guess I'm a little bit more compassionate than some others but I do believe that amnesty and citizenship is the way to go. I could be wrong. I know that If I was born in Mexico, I would be crossing the border for a better life ..perhaps illegally.

If the right thing to do is arrest and deport and strengthen the border, then we need to do that, but smartly. If you've seen of that fence fiasco...we've done a poor job of putting that thing up. We also need to be smart about how we deport. There have been cases of breaking apart families. That is never okay.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

NavyDoc

DaphneApollo
reply to post by crucified

No, it's not American's faults, but greedy Corporations. And we, the American consumer need to be made aware of this.

Just bringing this to people's attention. The legal system is working to help now.

Greedy corporations? What about the politicians who encourage illegal immigration? What about the illegal immigrants themselves? Most of these women are assaulted by their fellow "undocumented" immigrants. It goes to show that if someone does not care about the law, he doesn't care about any laws.

Doc, where does your sense of justice come from? (neutral question, no attacks intended) just a question.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Where exactly did you see the info that says they're doing this to themselves? Any links?
(Because this implies that the Mexicans are raping other Mexicans) Need more info.

but the film is saying, and links associated that this is happening in America. Sort of implies ranch/farm owners or hired hands are doing this to those ladies. At the same time we know some farms are associated with American owners, even though they may be on foreign soil.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Uhhhhhh No.

It is the fault of the men doing this.
If the illegals were not here, it would not happen.

Rape in any term makes me see red and really want to go on a rampage.
It is pretty sick that this happens.

Actually read a story recently where a BP agent had raped an immigrant women and then killed himself.
Strange times.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

amazing
reply to post by Night Star

I think it's more a question of how our laws are written and what is right thing to do? As was pointed out earlier, the path to citizenship is a bit of a chaotic maze. The first thing we should do is straighten that out. Then we need to ...well.. do something. We haven't been doing anything for the past few years. Not really.

I guess I'm a little bit more compassionate than some others but I do believe that amnesty and citizenship is the way to go. I could be wrong. I know that If I was born in Mexico, I would be crossing the border for a better life ..perhaps illegally.

If the right thing to do is arrest and deport and strengthen the border, then we need to do that, but smartly. If you've seen of that fence fiasco...we've done a poor job of putting that thing up. We also need to be smart about how we deport. There have been cases of breaking apart families. That is never okay.

Can we have more compassion for the poor illegal than our own struggling poor though? Is it right to allow millions of illegals to work while millions of citizens are out of a job?

Yes, I agree that we should indeed straighten out the path to citizenship and make it less chaotic. The thing is, we are overwhelmed with the numbers and special cases involved. To add millions of illegals to process properly would be even more chaotic at this time, not to mention that they would be bumped to the head of the line by already being here and not having to wait. It is neither fair nor right for those already in line.

People from all over the world want a better life, even our newly homeless citizens who worked hard their entire lives and have lost everything.

As for families being separated, no, that is never ok, but the illegals knew they were risking that when they came. The children should be deported with the parents so the families stay together.

Yes, we have done a poor job of securing our borders, I agree. Like I said earlier, if we at least enforce existing laws, punish employers for hiring illegals and stop all the benefits to illegals, they will not have reason to come by the millions. If someone is seeking sanctuary for fear of their lives, we have programs for that.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is just more reasons why the employers of illegals need to be punished, forced to financially pay for the cost of cleaning up the illegal immigration mess that they created and profited from in the first place.

In many areas of this country illegals are essentially slaves, and those who support illegal immigration are supporting slavery, whether or not they know.

The way it works is, If master wants to have his way with that little girl, well, better than her family get deported or worse.

It is really that bad.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Rape is a horrible crime.But we're talking about crimes against criminals.These women shouldn't even be here,nor should any illegal immigrants.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If I wanted to live around a bunch of mexicans i would move to Mexico. However, i prefer anglo-saxon culture, heritage and language.

Call me racist if you want. I just dont like their culture, there are many aspects of it I dont like. I hate the music, I dont like the way many of them treat women, etc.

Also, I know for a fact that this whole field rape thing happens south of the border also.

Mexico has lots of litter, a massive gang culture and other things I dont care for. Funny thing, many former "white" neighborhoods in Orange county Ca, were once very nice. Coincedentially, they resemble Mexico now in every way. And not for the better either.

What if Americans like their country a certain way? should foreigners be allowed to change it just because "they are looking for a better life"?
Why cant Americans look for a better life? And if that better life is a direct result of keeping foreigners out, who has the right to what they want? The Americans or the foreigners?

How about your backyard? do you like it the way it is? Can I come and claim it for my family, change the look and design of it, change the way it is kept? I mean after all I am just looking for a better backyard.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join