Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Rape In The Fields...Undocumented Immigrant Female Workers' Plight.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I watched this Documentary on Frontline the other night and this is really heart breaking to me.

Rape In The Fields..Frontline Documentary

These women are undocumented migrant workers being harassed, sexually harassed and yes, when they don't give in, Raped. They are afraid to tell anyone and their employers know this. The Documentary above is under an hour long, but worth watching.

This is a shame to happen in America. Do you know where/how your food is coming to you ?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

It's messed up but because I'm American and buy food this is somehow my fault and somehow my responsibility to stop?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crucified

No, it's not American's faults, but greedy Corporations. And we, the American consumer need to be made aware of this.

Just bringing this to people's attention. The legal system is working to help now.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes to both posts....it is both our fault and it isn't.....we didn't make the evil that plagues these women, but by our vote we allow the governments and corporations to get away with this...people really need to vote smarter....neither Dem or Rep.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That is so sad! It is blatant racism for these employers to pay the Mexicans one penny less than they would pay an American. I do not understand why no one calls them on it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Blatant Racism.

And, believe it or not, some of the men ( Foreman/Bosses ) accused of doing this are their own country men.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That's horrible

A strong reason why America's borders need to be tighter and crackdown on employers housing undocumented workers. An illegal immigrant has no where or no one to turn to in such a situation, if they did it would end with them being shipped back to Mexico/etc. This would be a lot less prevalent with American citizens and legal migrants.

Hopefully the system changes

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Rape is a horrible thing..........unconscionable......

However....

No one is MAKING illegal immigrants come over here, ( I dont know why people insist on this "undocumented worker" political bullcrap, call a spade a spade)

Granted conditions in their home countries could be horrible, but they know the risks of human trafficking, starving or dying of thirst in the deserts, all the perils involved in coming here through other than legal means in the first place.........

No one is TWISTING their arms to be here, and get paid the wage they do, they CHOOSE to do so....

However that being said, if you rape someone you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, doesnt matter if the person fell off a ship from Mars......

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I am a friend of the Mexican I work with them 5 days a week

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

groingrinder
That is so sad! It is blatant racism for these employers to pay the Mexicans one penny less than they would pay an American. I do not understand why no one calls them on it.

so mexican is now a race?

they dont belong here, and if they were not here the employers would be forced to pay Americans a decent wage to do the work.

the rapists are to blame for the rapes. And it is a sign of their culture, happens south of the border too.

Or are all the rapes in their home country the fault of the racist Americans also?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

HanzHenry

groingrinder

they dont belong here, and if they were not here the employers would be forced to pay Americans a decent wage to do the work.

the rapists are to blame for the rapes. And it is a sign of their culture, happens south of the border too.

Or are all the rapes in their home country the fault of the racist Americans also?

What happens under Our roof, is OUR PROBLEM, their roof, their problem.

Farms that Hire illegals, should be seized or shut down.

The exploitation is something we can control, we can't stem the tide, we can't shut the boarders, but we can enforce the laws on the books now.

Just like Guns, ENFORCEMENT of current laws is all that is needed.

AND yes we certainly have a moral obligation to stop what happens on our soil.

ETA:
Im also disgusted by the "they didn't wana get raped they shouldn't be here" Stance.

edit on 23-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

benrl

HanzHenry

groingrinder

What happens under Our roof, is OUR PROBLEM, their roof, their problem.

Farms that Hire illegals, should be seized or shut down.

The exploitation is something we can control, we can't stem the tide, we can't shut the boarders, but we can enforce the laws on the books now.

Just like Guns, ENFORCEMENT of current laws is all that is needed.

AND yes we certainly have a moral obligation to stop what happens on our soil.

ETA:
Im also disgusted by the "they didn't wana get raped they shouldn't be here" Stance.

Here is the thing, they are supposed to be cracking down on these corporations and employers for hiring illegals, but they don't. It is all political, and if a corporation has enough money, no one bothers them. Money talks.

Here's the thing, if these workers would cross the border legally and have proper documentation they would have a leg to stand on as far as complaining about poor working conditions. There is a reason they are called illegal...they broke the law in coming here, they break the law working here, etc., then some of them want to complain about it. I have no sympathy for that.

However, I am not defending rape under any circumstances. It happens down there too.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

opal13

However, I am not defending rape under any circumstances. It happens down there too.

THE PROBLEM IS ITS HAPPENING HERE.

I don't care WHY, I don't care HOW.

I don't give a Crap if its a terrorist, Muslim, Al queada, pedophile, here only to harm Americans getting raped.

ITS NOT BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE, ITS BECAUSE OF WHO WE ARE, this must be stopped.

"well it happens there" "they shouldn't be here" "they where asking for it"

Are all crys I am sure RAPED HUMAN BEINGS LOVE TO HEAR.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

HanzHenry
they dont belong here.....

Thats not quite true though is it?
edit on 23-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

That sure is sad Daphne. Unfortunately most things are about power and money in this world now. Decency has long gone in a lot of cases. It does not matter where people are from or what there circumstances are. No human deserves to be treated in this way.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Ok crusader put up or shut up, whining in an internet forum isn't going to help now is it? Run for office I'll vote for you, write a petition and I'll sign it. Just don't come out in the public eye point out the problem tell us it needs to change and then expect someone else to pick up your torch and carry it for you. DO SOMETHING!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Decency Is a myth, passed on from generation to generation to glorify the past, demonize the present and enlighten the future. People where never decent.

-Hambone, 2014
edit on 23-3-2014 by crucified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ah yes the cry of the Internet troll, Fine do it.

Heres the thing, thats not how this works.

In a democracy and or representative republic we support the free exchange of ideas, and open debate and discourse is vital to the wheels of society.

Im sure in your world every reasonable argument can be defeated with a "fine you do it" Sadly in a community it takes the whole to effect change.

Putting the burden on one person for having a complaint, is perhaps the weakest way to try and defeat the argument.

But I suppose when your on the Wrong side of Human rights its hard to argue.

Just so we are clear though, I happen to be very politically active in general, as I strongly believe if you are not YOU HAVE failed your duty as a Citizen of this Nation.

I've also worked with the Ceasar Chavez charity raising awareness on Migrant workers plight during my college days for extra curricular.

So Ill put this to you than, IF you don't want them here,

go take Their job.

takeourjobs.org...

ETA

That last part, Is there only since it seems we are devolving into rhetoric and hyperbole on the issue.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Of course people are decent. Not everyone thinks about power and money. And committing horrible acts like these. Fear is what these people rely on.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Right, empires rise and fall. Demographics continually change. Isn't that what you liberals keep telling us? So why does it matter if the Mexican empire fell but not the American one?

As for illegals, I don't care if they are here illegally. Rape should never be a control mechanism, it shouldn't be anything except a footnote in history. "Once, long ago we were capable of such atrocities...". But the solution is a simple one, don't enter the U.S. illegally so you're afraid to take it up with your supervisors or the police.

In my opinion, both should be punished. One should serve a lengthy jail sentence and the other deported.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join