It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Eulerian Video Magnification technology applied to Alien Interview Video. What do you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
To counter all the recommended settings and variables which why not just create a recording in the similar conditions as the alien video. Get a person put them behind a glass, try and emulate the lighting, record it on VHS, convert to digital then run the software through it. It will at least provide an indication that if the alien did have a pulse how it would compare to a human in a similar quality of video. Maybe then a judgment could be made on how the quality of the recording affects the use of the software and the detection of a pulse effect. It would take a bit of effort though to emulate a similar condition to that of the alien video .
edit on 22-3-2014 by soul44 because: Spelling error

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

smurfy
There's one thing, well maybe a couple. While I think this system will be something the medical world could use for starters, I listened to what the creator of the system was saying, and that was he said the system works, even when make-up is being used, that is a bit unlucky for the OP if, and only if the alien is an actor, and obviously under make-up, because the same effect would be there as it would with a real alien, if you see what I mean, actor/alien, makes no difference.

The baby in the cot video is remarkable, where they exaggerate unseen movement, the speculation being is the baby breathing at all, when the process is done there is no doubt whatsoever, that's a slightly different application than here though.

This not to take away from the OP's work though.

edit on 22-3-2014 by smurfy because: Video.

Wow incredible...now we could see if one of the people running for office is lying in their speech, they would show signs we could learn.

How stressed really is the president or Puten for instance. The people reporting on the lost plane...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge
is'nt the alien in the OP video behind one pane of glass, if not two?
So would this software be capable of detecting a pulse through glass?

I would say yes, because it is amplifying movement and color change...that would be seen through glass.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Wow incredible...now we could see if one of the people running for office is lying in their speech, they would show signs we could learn.

How stressed really is the president or Puten for instance. The people reporting on the lost plane...

I was thinking exactly the same thing. We should be able to see increased blood flow (flush response), breathing and pupil dilation with this software.

Pretty much a visual lie detector. But it would have to be high res images close to the face which shouldnt be hard these days.

edit on 22-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

DarthImpaler
reply to post by Cerdofuego

Any 'pulsing' appears to correspond directly with the movement of the head to the directional light source.

Yes every pulse of colour is in time with the head moving forward and backwards into and out of the light.

The video is a total fake.

are you basing your opinion here solely on the fact that you don't believe in aliens or have you forgotten to link proof of your claim?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Our biology is what we know and the the logical starting point since we really don't know what other lifeforms maybe like.
it is logical to think that we're here in this for so its possible other lifeforms may as well.
we have to start somewhere and we wont know till we try.

it may turn out each life form has it own kinds of hidden rhythms.

this is a very interesting development.
it may not have worked this time but that doesn't mean it was a waste of time
the Op learned something and so did the rest of us, now we can move on and learn some more about this.

Op

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Urantia1111

PhoenixOD

DarthImpaler

Any 'pulsing' appears to correspond directly with the movement of the head to the directional light source.

Yes every pulse of colour is in time with the head moving forward and backwards into and out of the light.

The video is a total fake.

are you basing your opinion here solely on the fact that you don't believe in aliens or have you forgotten to link proof of your claim?

Wow a mind reader..tell me how many fingers am i holding up?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thank you, OP, for taking the initiative to experiment with this new technology! Like using anything new, experience will only improve the results. I'm anxious to see more of your attempts, and will follow the learning faze closely!

It would be great to learn how to 'fool' this new program, giving us more ability to define truth from fake, so this was an important fist step!

The possibilities are mind boggling. Lie detection is the first thing that came to mind, along with all of the possible medical benefits. I can see this branching into some exciting directions!

S&F
Ms.Nugget

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

I have to laugh my ass off at this... Look at the two areas quoted in blue...

You know the software enough to tell this guy he's doing it wrong because of all of your two days of experience...lol

Jaden

It doesn't matter how little experience I've had with the software. I [clearly] have had more experience than the OP, and I am 100% right in that post.

The software offers "motion" and "color" magnification. In regards to detecting a pulse, Color magnification detects changes of color on the surface of the skin resulting from increasecd/decreased blood at the surface. Basically, we "blush" very gently once every heart beat, as the capillaries near the surface of our skin are filled more with blood. The OP used motion magnification, not color magnification, and interpreted the results inccorectly.

Doesn't take a #ing rocket scientist to figure it out. It just takes a few hours with the software.

I was aiming to educate people with that post. Show people how to use the software. I was trying to deny ignorance. Not judge or mock anyone, like you are trying to do with me. Grow up for christ's sake.

edit: Maybe learn to use the software yourself, and you will see that I'm right.
edit on 22-3-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I feel this process will be as pointless as Jim Dilettoso's attempts to run spectrum analysis on video frames of the Phoenix lights.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Excellent work Cerdofuego

What can I say

SnF

Cody

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Pandora's box is now open.

A CTs' wet dream or nightmare...??

The augmentation of what may or may not be, has arrived.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by Char-Lee

I was thinking exactly the same thing. We should be able to see increased blood flow (flush response), breathing and pupil dilation with this software.

Pretty much a visual lie detector. But it would have to be high res images close to the face which shouldnt be hard these days.

I saved the link to this video program in case anyone wants to know about it later or I want to use it later - it seems cool. Although I have to admit, Obama might not know when he is lying or telling the truth if he is just reading speeches.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Regardless of the outcome this was a genius idea, I hope you continue to apply this to some of the other videos out there.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Cerdofuego
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

Turns out the video doesn't seem to be compatible with this new technology (the humans entering the scene, similar to the alien, show no signs of a pulse).

But thanks for trying anyways.

By the way shouldnt you have slowed it down to notice a pulse? No idea how many fps the video is but the video of the technique used on babies was slowed down i think.. It probably wont improve seeing anything in this case tho, but for the next time.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

DarthImpaler

Anyone have any decent Bob Lazar footage, to check how his heart rate chnages during an interview?

That's an interesting idea. Could this then be used as a visual lie detector? Would be good to use it with video of official governmental speeches or interviews of 911 commission/investigation with governmental members. Don't mean to derail this thread, just an idea that occurred to me having read the above reply.

Good work OP, look forward to seeing the vid done with the colour settings proposed earlier in the thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Awesome that someone didn't waste any time using this tech. I read about it yesterday. Haha

I'll check at the video.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thanks for the kind words! There is indeed a lot to learn about the implementation of this incredible new technology, but there is also a lot to gain. As you said: as long as we find out what it's limits are and how/if it can be fooled, the possibilities of it could be endless. I too hope to see much more clever use of this software here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Interesting results but the quality of the original video negates being able to make any claims about it IMHO.

Agreed. The resolution isn't high enough (imagine that). The lighting in the room isn't bright enough (imagine that). The contrast on the puppets head is too bright (never mind). This is not how the government records their most important videos. This is how stuff is faked.

ETA: Not you OP. Just the problems I have always had with this particular video.

edit on 23-3-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You my friend stumbled on a great idea..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join