It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead gameplay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Some gameplay in Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I have Arma 2. Takes a certain type of gamer to play it as it's more of a simulator than an FPS. Even the infantry combat is designed to be as realistic as possible and can feel somewhat cumbersome compared to other shooters like CoD where the action is extremely fast. If you shoot someone in Arma, they go down. Sniping is also really challenging as you have to account for windage, calibre, range, etc. The range of vehicles you can operate is pretty cool as well (although the vehicles are much less of a simulator experience). Cool game if you're into that stuff. BTW, ARMA 3 is out if you want to try the latest iteration. I haven't bought it as I doubt my PC would handle it very well.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I have Arma 2 and 3, but my buddies all play 2, so thats where I usually play LOL
if youre interested in playing let me know

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'm a huge FPS fan and would have liked the Arma games but I couldn't find a way to shut off all that constant chatter. It was overkill. Perhaps in real life you need that but I didn't need it in my game. It's like your teammates don't know when to shut up. I'd replay these again if i could fix this.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I have Arma 2 and 3, but my buddies all play 2, so thats where I usually play LOL
if youre interested in playing let me know

I've never played online, only in offline mode, and even then I mostly just fly around in helicopters lol

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Very easy to turn off: turn down radio in your audio settings. Some of the chatter is good, as it warns you of enemy nearby, saved me a few times from having an RPG carrying Taliban put a missile up the exhaust of my Abrams lol

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I have friends who play Arma 2... and there is a very good zombie mod for this game, DayZ, when my buddy has that up and fully running he has a bunch of stuff going on - even the ability to do vehicle transporting with helis.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I play dayz and I44 as well, good mods

top topics

join