It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine needs to GROW A SET, AND FIGHT RUSSIA - reclaim Crimea!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

SaturnFX
King Leonidas could do it with just 300 men! pfft.

God that's priceless....

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You should not come here to incite, Crimea already had a certain/uncertain autonomy/annex? anyway and in the end the vote was pretty clear.
The wisdom of the voting is neither here nor there since the instigation of it all lies in the Ukraine and economics, and you want people to kill over nothing less than money?

Calm yourself down man, and look around you and imagine how everything you knew about no longer was there..look at Syria, look at the country I live in, it's all #e and political manipulation.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

eliuk
And dont tell me its futile because russia have a bigger military

Throughout history, countless times, the under dogs have risen against larger more powerful armies, and very often won.

Why have Ukraine sat there and said `yes sir whatever you say sir` and practicallly had Crimea robbed from them, officers kidnapped, their soldier killed, their citizerns beaten, yet now they want to end it all with a peaceful withdrawal and move on?
Really?

This cowardice can not continue, i urge Ukrain to take up arms and to drive the russians out of Crimea!!!

From your post I get the feeling, that you are not Ukrainian, right?
So why do you dare to tell them what to do? Do you think the current government of the Ukraine is better than the previous one? Even the protesters on the Maidan did not want them, because they are nationalists... this is not Russian propaganda, that is the truth.
Just look at the people like Dimtri Jarosch etc..... perfectly friendly people right?

Do you actually know how much percentage on Crimea are Ukrainian ethnic? 24%.... 66% are Russian!

Maybe you should inform yourself about what is going on. I am not saying the Russians have the right to invade Crimea, but same for Ukraine. Crimea always has been an autonomous republic and should have the right to vote about where it wants to belong to.
I am sure, that even without the soldiers there, the people would have voted pro Russia.

The Ukraine probably does not even care about Crimea itself, they just getting forced to it, because of the strategical position that is lost for EU and the NATO.
I find it a bit odd, that the EU is giving my tax moneys to a non-elected government in the Ukraine as financial aid as soon as they get rid of Janukovich.
But that should not be the topic.

Please just inform yourself on both sides of the propaganda and take both sides with a grain of salt, not just one side!
I bet you still think Timoschenko is the richest woman of the Ukraine, because she is nice girl.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

eliuk

minkmouse
reply to post by eliuk

Great, and how do you get around that pesky majority vote?

If you had threats of an angry mob if you didnt vote for russia, you too would have voted for them

Note how i dont even spell russia with a capital r, i have no respect for them, zero, zilch

Do you have any respect for the "leaders" of the usa? Because they fix elections as well . And are occupying more countries too.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

But Crimea doesn't belong to Ukraine....it's Russian

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I WILL say because Russia has a larger military, and resistence WOULD be futile. I can guarantee that Ukraine will go to war in the event that the Russian military attempts to invade their country. Crimea is a special case for Ukranians, considering that it is pro-Russian, and Russia already has a large military presence there. So things would not be handled the same way as they would be if the Russian military invades any other parts of the country.

Too many people seem to always clamor for war, yet they know absolutely nothing about how war is waged in the first place, nor do they seem to realize that war means human life. IF war MUST be fought, it should be fought brutally and quickly, as that is the only way to limit a protracted conflict with more loss of life. For instance, the US choosing to bomb Japan with nuclear weapons. That act probably saved 500,000 or more US lives, not to mention millions of Japanese lives, both civilian and military.

So the decision makers of a nation will look at the situation and take into account their military strength versus that of their opponent. Sometimes capitulation is a better alternative to war, simply because there is no point in throwing away tens of thousands of lives on a cause that is not winnable. This is why there is such a thing as a "surrender" in the first place. There have been many brilliant military commanders who have had to surrender their forces, simply because they understand the value of human life, and the futility of their situation.

So I think that in this particular case, Ukraine will not go to war, for various reasons, including the fact that they alone cannot win. If they had support, which will definitely not come from the US, maybe they could, but I doubt it. Although the good news for them would be that the entire war is taking place in a relatively small country. They don't have to invade Russia, having to worry about controlling massive amounts of territory and defending it, rather they would only have to focus on expelling the enemy from their country. But Russian troops would have access to the country from virtually all angles, which would make things even more difficult.

Ukraine is basically already surrounded, which in my opinion is akin to fighting a four-front war, lol. Not exactly I suppose. There are some advantages to such a position, such as being able to quickly transfer resources and troops to any portion of the lines. But as soon as the enemy is able to perform a strategic breakthrough anywhere in the country, things begin to look unwinnable...If they were even winnable in the first place.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I was born and raised in russia (with a capital R that is) till i was 10yo. then we moved to Australia, been here ever since. I do not believe what has happened to Ukraine is right. Will give credit where credit is due, You boys did well standing up to your government - Job well done.

Now Russia taking back what legally is theirs, well like it or not whats done is done.
But you guys still have an issue with the current government that you haven't solved.

also havent your parents told you not to pick a fight with bigger kids?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

I would describe the Ukraine at war with Russia as tantamount to America at war with Iraq. And we all know how well that worked out, twice.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Using the ongoing thread...

Ukraine has the world's 21st strongest military. Russian has the world's 2nd. [Source]

That might have a little bit to do with their apparent "ballessness" in your eyes.

"Though the enemy be stronger in numbers, we may prevent him from fighting. Scheme so as to discover his plans and the likelihood of their success. " ~The Art of War

The open question of the legality of the vote over Crimea might have a little bit to do with it as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

I take it you have never been to a battlefield.

Only a total fool wishes for war. Any war, let alone one he does not have to fight in.

And besides, why would they fight when a good chunk of the poulation wanted to be united with mother Russia anyways?

Rant Fail.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Moving the thead here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And before you guys say `oh god not another russian/ukraine thread`

i have scoured through page after page, and besides for me and one other person named jim, absolutly nobody seems to be talking about how ridiculously tame/ coward like the Ukraine military have come across.

Before anybody rambles on and on about the russian force being way bigger.. everybody knows if there was an all out assult by the russians and they were massacaring ukranians, that other countries WOULD have no choice but to step in and lend a hand to the Ukraine.
Secondly, throughout history, the underdog has ALWAYS been able to defeat the bigger power, think the israel war when they had 7 arab nations who had vowed to wipe them out. Did israel stand there and tremble and give in, and allow themselves to be invaded? no, they stood up for themelves. And they won! (ps dont turn this into a zionist/ israel control the world b.s thread, im just giving an example of how they were surrounded by countries wanting to wipe them out from all sides, and they won without any help from any other country)!

Ukraine have had their land taken in the shape of Crimea, they have had officers kidnapped, they have had soldiers killed, many injured, and yet they still will not lift a finger. Have they even fired a shot yet? i doubt it.

Never, ever in human history has a country allowed itself to be pushed around and be made to look like defenceless cowards, without even putting up so much as any resistance (even if they are out numbered), like Ukraine have done.

What is the purpose of their military? to give up their weapons and run at the first sight of the enemy?
Shame on them

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of fighting, or the sizes of the armies involved, the minute Ukrainians shoot at Russians, the very second after, Putin moves in.

'They shot at us' he says. 'Look we need to protect our people in Ukraine now'.

I think he's probably counting on it. Waiting for it.

I myself have to admire the Ukrainians restraint at not giving him this.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

How about you grow a set yerself and get over there and show the cowardly Ukrainians how it's done!
Or maybe you are just another cowardly keyboard warrior, or worse yet, another Israeli type wanting others to go die for your bragging rights?

Seriously, grow up and start living in the real world, if you have the gonads to do so that is!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

deadcalm
Now the PEOPLE of Crimea have overwhelmingly voted to return to Mother Russia. You do realize that almost 60% of Ukranians are ethnic Russians don't you?

so what? 42 percent of america is ethnically german but that would not be an excuse if germany went and annexed part of our land would it? besides 60 percent in ukraine is not russian, only 17 percent is so get the facts straight before saying anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Tough talk commando, if you feel so strong about it why don't u go to crimea put a uniform on and lead the charge!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Did OP get banned?
I hope so, since he is just spreading disinformation and propaganda without any facts, just bare lies.

For example from his new thread

they have had officers kidnapped, they have had soldiers killed, many injured, and yet they still will not lift a finger. Have they even fired a shot yet? i doubt it.

I can't reply in his new thread and under his name all his stats don't show up, so I guess he got banned?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm guessing the OP doesn't understand what it means to go up against the Russian military. Especially if they throw Spetsnatz in there which is what they've been using to grab the bases from what I understand.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join