It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is nuclear war going to feel like?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Even though it's a bit morbid, i loved reading the responses...

I know it shouldn't be that much of a worry, but sometimes i try to imagine.

I live about 2 1/2 hours from Milwaukee, and i try to think how much time i could act if a nuke were to drop there.

It's a crushing reality even to imagine

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Yes, so don't dwell on it for long.
A nuclear war is a very bleak and depressing thing to think and worry about.

I spent many years doing just that due to being taught about nuclear weapons at a young age.
It is not worth over analyzing.

In a nuclear war
We die..

That was my conclusion.

I prefer happy thoughts now, although it is always in the back of my mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

rival

...like having a kidney-stone migraine-headache childbirth
femur-fracture whole-body-on-fire drawn-and-quartered
while having your anal hairs tweezed by a sadistic blind medieval
clown...

And that's the good part

Spat beer on the screen.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Shaiker
Throughout history thousands of nuclear weapons have been detonated and guess what we are still here. I would think our opponents would nuke vital points of our infrastructure and supposed leadership. If another country were to nuke us it would be an act to protect itself or to destabilize the country or commit an act of terror to strike fear to the masses. As missile technologies have evolved and targeting accuracy is monumentally better then during the cold war nuclear war i feel would be far more surgical than that of the fear of lobbing missiles at the biggest targets.

yes thousands have been detonated,in remote places far enough away from civilization that it would not dramatically effect-it/ us, and any where from months to years apart. plenty of time for the effects to dissipate.
in the event of a full blown nuclear exchange in which hundreds if not thousands go off with in minutes to hours of one another, the effects are not known. i dare say that many will not survive.

not only will infrastructure and leadership be targeted, strategic areas will be to. ie military base, oil. kiss California, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, half of the med west where they still have missile bases left and and just about all of the east coast. and that will be done using surgical strikes.

edit on 18-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

TheToastmanCometh
With all that is going on in the world today...be it the mess between US/Russia/Ukraine, Syria, Egypt, Iraq and Afghanistan...I have been hearing more and more about a possible nuclear war/WW3.

Now I am too young to remember actual first-hand experience from Cold War, but what am I supposed to expect when the bombs fall? will it be quick and painless? Will there be agony ?

most likely if I go by the accounts from the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagaski. Yet over the years, the militaries have developed bombs more powerful than Fat Man and Little Boy, some i havr heard having more force than 100 hiroshimas (?)

How will it be then and how will we prepare?

And for those who do survive, how are we going to adapt?

Will it be a future of dust and kipple or a wasteland beyond knowing.

There have been so many fictions accounts, so i want to know your takes

The Galactic Federation of Light would never let that happen

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

CJCrawley
You are all assuming it will be an all-out nuclear exchange...Russia unloads, the west unloads, and the devil take the hindmost.

Maybe it wont be like that; maybe it will be contained.

In the 70s and 80s there was much talk about the European Theatre.

Presumably the American and Russian bigwigs would be watching from the Royal Box.

I see it contained in depleted uranium weaponry, in chernobyl and fukushima and all the nuclear plants that leak, in radiated food, constantly permeating all of us.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

It'll be a lot like Black Friday at Walmart except there will be shootings on every aisle and a tank waiting outside with guys inside that jump out and steal your girlfriend and your beer.

If you make it out of that situation you should try to find can opener and an atlas.

Everything will be f'ed up and there probably won't be any power. You should make your way south, forget about the girlfriend and the beer, their gone.

Try to make it to the beach and try to steal a sailboat. Take off and lay low near some small islands in the Caribbean.

Go fishing for the next 3 years, eat algae. Don't forget to bring buckets to catch rain water.

I know it will all be polluted with radiation but it won't be as bad as getting direct hits from the blast waves.

Yes you would most likely produce mutated sperm or eggs, but you're going to make it buddy.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If things went nuclear im sure if there was aliens, they would def come by.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Thisbseth
If things went nuclear im sure if there was aliens, they would def come by.

Fo sho. They loves BBQs

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If the big one is dropped near you, you will not have time to feel anything except release from this plane.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think an idea of what the world would be like for the people who survived and were " lucky" enough not to be hit with high doses of radiation would be along the lines of the film " The Book of Eli" without the religous side of things.

A good film for those who haven't seen it, well worth a watch!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

As a kid I was terrified of nuclear war. It seemed like some omni present threat. I had the most vivid nightmare about being in a nuclear fall out. Its impact lasted for years. I think surviving would be much worse than going with the first bang.
I don't lose any sleep over these things now, not to say I don't think the threats there, more a case of what you going to do about it ? Nada.

Also a great cartoon called When the Wind Blows. That's if you enjoy scaring yourself witless.
edit on 19-3-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

I have seen that video before.

Even in animated format, the consequences are harrowing.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I don't think we will know much about it for long

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If it goes down I have a plan. My local school district was built in the 1950's. All of the schools are connected via tunnels that stretch for miles. There are massive bomb shelters all over my area underground. Not a lot of people know about them. My grandparents and parents went to the schools and didn't know about them. Matter of fact not many people do. I didn't find out until I was in high school. The principal asked me to carry some stuff down into one for her. They use it now for storing records. I was able to go back and sneak down there with a friend. I doubt the schools have any intentions of using them. If the you know what hits the fan I know where I'm going. I'm not really sure I want to survive a nuclear war but it's better then burning alive. Back in the 80's my area was ground zero for any Russian attack. It was in one of the news papers that the one of Russias nuclear targets was a mile away from where I live.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
hopefully you won't feel a thing.

if i knew one was headed towards me., i would sit on my roof with a cocktail.

edit on 3123183531am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I grew up in the 1970s and 1980s and remember being terrified at the very real prospect of being nuked. What made it worse in school was that instead of sitting me down and talking through things, I was censored from even talking about nuclear war and was severely punished for it. It was a taboo subject that adults did not want to discuss. What worries me today is that since the end of the Cold War children have grown up not knowing the full horrors of nuclear war and did not watch Threads for example, which was shown across Europe at the same time.

So when I worry that this current Russia/USA stand off may well get ugly and turn nuclear I get annoyed with people who scoff the notion. The nukes are still switched on and primed. They have never gone away. What could have happened in say 1984 can still happen today. Oh and I too have also heard that nuclear weapons have the ability to destroy our eternal souls. I don't know where that information comes from or if that is new age mumbo jumbo, but if true, that is also a horrifying prospect, that we lose our Immortality. And the possibility of seeing our loved ones on the Other Side.

I think a special sitting of the UN should take place, attended by ALL world leaders, and they should be forced to watch Threads for example and reminded that they have the blood of humanity on their hands should full scale nuclear war break out. And another thought, although whoever presses the button would be a war criminal, they would not face a war crimes trial as the infrastructure and people would no longer exist to conduct one. But I for one would hope they are Judged by a Higher Power for the sheer evil they unleashed.

And one final thought. India has massive poverty problems, with people living in slums, poor education and so on. And yet it can afford nuclear weapons. To me that is obscene. The same goes for other countries with poverty being a huge economic problem. If only they could spend their money on fixing their problems instead of nuclear weapons.

Personally and unfortunately with much regret, it is a question of WHEN not if nuclear weapons are once again used. It is not a day I look forwards to. One had better pray that the notion that aliens would directly intervene and shut down the nukes to prevent nuclear war is true. I fear for our children, and children's children. Make the most of the life you have now. A post nuclear war world is hell. And if world leaders are holed up in underground bunkers I say it is the duty of any survivors to seal the bunkers and bury the mass murderers alive. That is justified punishment for anyone who presses the nuclear button.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Very hot.

But as long as I am on Earth will not happen at least at a large scale.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
whats nuclear war feel like?
en.wikiquote.org...
scroll down to "Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again"
second paragraph

edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago31 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

ah, hell read the whole page
edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago18 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyAngel

Oh really?

What methods would you employ to prevent the physical reality of the use of a nuclear weapon on any nation?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join