It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is nuclear war going to feel like?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well, your PTM, so your a super-hero and are imune to thermo-nuclear weapons. I don't know if you live any place close to a "gound zero" type of target. But if your close enough? You won't even know your dead. Anyway, nuclear exchanges? Wouldn't really worry that much. Now that the Powers that Be have a good idea of what it does to the bank balance? It's the best Anti-nuke weapon ever constructed by man. But if you want a good insight into waht nuke weapons can do, I suggest a happy little movie called "Trinity and Beyond" narrated by none other than William Shatner. Nukes, they are almost as pointless as voting, but far less dangerous.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
510,072,000 km² this is Earth's surface area.

17,300 estimated active nuclear weapons on earth...

2053 entirely seperate nukes from the above list were detonated so far and we're all still here in good health and pretty much unaware of any of that.

There is no uninhabitable wastelands for hundreds of miles in all directions... in fact the current las vegas is relatively close to some pretty major test sites.... life goes on.

Nuclear war would suck, but I'd rather a nuclear war over any other. At least with a nuclear war, if me or my family are going to die we are just dead... no weeks of hearing fighting in the streets outside our windows wondering if a stray bullet will kill use, our brothers or sisters, parents or children... no worrying if the opposing army will rape or murder our families.... no worrying if our own military will do the same...

Nuclear war is as merciful a war you could have. It's so much energy you can't feel it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A number of posters on this thread appear to be missing a major component of a thermonuclear detonation...

Assuming a ground burst (or an air burst at lower than 800 metres) there would be considerable amounts of fallout material created by the initial blast.

As an example: An 800Kt warhead (Russian Topol) detonating in Washington DC would obliterate the city and, if the wind was blowing north-westerly at the time, the fallout cloud would turn both Philadelphia and much of NYC into "new Pripyat".

So while not much of the surface would be initially damaged by the weapons, very large areas would be rendered uninhabitable for many years afterwards (apparently the life expectancy of birds around Pripyat is around half that of the same species living in clean areas even now and the local catfish are "stunted" in growth - saw this on an episode of "River Monsters" recently).

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

You might just be washing your car or something, a blinding flash, and disintegration, further away

"wow, what was that"...
"Oh no..."

Further out you will feel a strange sensation, and start to feel sick, eventually collapsing.

Even futher out you will notice some symptoms after a few days, only living for a few years.

Me?

"Radioactive force shield!"
"Boom"

A few weeks later you can see me wearing a tin foil suit and looking for a Ferrari to steal.
edit on 23-3-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Elysarian

As an example: An 800Kt warhead (Russian Topol) detonating in Washington DC would obliterate the city and, if the wind was blowing north-westerly at the time, the fallout cloud would turn both Philadelphia and much of NYC into "new Pripyat".

Well, that right there would probably be a drastic improvement in, and of, itself!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

True true Tencap, but i'm not as impervious as you may think.

Have you ever put a piece of bread in the microwave for 5 minutes?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I remember the cold war days as a child in the UK, watching 'brainwashing' warning documentaries that told us in the event of nuclear war we should either hide under tables (like our school desk) or take a door of its hinges, balance it against a wall and hide behind it! Like that would protect you from a nuclear blast hitting London.

Anyway, I don't think WW3 will ever happen because if it does, its the end for everybody and that is not even to TPTB benefit either!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

100 hiroshimas would be 1.6 megaatons.... the biggest bomb in ever detonated was 50 megatons... By Russia...

That's a lot more than 100 times the hiroshima bombing.... were talking more like 2500 times bigger..

I wouldn't worry though, modern nukes aren't about size, they are about speed and tactical strikes. Big bombs kill too many innocent people, make it harder to move troops through an area later if you had to. You can destroy your targets just as well with smaller bombs, deliver them on missiles more accurately, and spend less time waiting for the areas to be safe for human exposure.

Keep in mind most of the radiation is used up with in the first instance of the blast. The fall out isn't worse than the bomb unless you are outside blast and thermal damage, then yeah that cloud of fall out that settles over the next 24 hrs may be bad.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by HeavenlyAngel

Oh really?

What methods would you employ to prevent the physical reality of the use of a nuclear weapon on any nation?
I already have done that,at least for the moment...

But I will burn myself some Borders.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join