It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is nuclear war going to feel like?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

For me it probably won't feel like anything. I'm so close to Philadelphia .. to the airport ... to the refineries ... I have no doubt that I'll get nailed in the first wave of a mega nuclear attack. Which is probably good news for me. The survivors will have a hell hole to try to live in. And then once the nuclear power plants start melting down .... that's when things will die everywhere ... die in a very nasty way. So I'm happy to be taken out quickly in the first wave. No problem.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Best thing to do is bend right over, put your head between your legs.....a little further....a little further.....go on, as far as it will go....Now kiss your ass goodbye

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hot, Dark, Hard to breathe, no food, contaminated water, mass deaths, looting, murder, canabalism need i continue.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
its gonna feel very angrifying
as all the GE plants in the in the world start to leak down stream, and down wind, and into the fault lines they are built on,
and all the nuclear storage places crack open....

then you realize its just your tax dollars at work...

but then, glow in the dark children..you gotta love it...trendy ya dig?
its just war under a different name..they might fire off a few so they can avoid law suits by using plausible deniability

edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago16 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

FlyersFan

For me it probably won't feel like anything. I'm so close to Philadelphia .. to the airport ... to the refineries ... I have no doubt that I'll get nailed in the first wave of a mega nuclear attack. Which is probably good news for me. The survivors will have a hell hole to try to live in. And then once the nuclear power plants start melting down .... that's when things will die everywhere ... die in a very nasty way. So I'm happy to be taken out quickly in the first wave. No problem.

look at the bright side FF
you have enough stars to get you, your family, and half the block you live on past the pearly gates
you'll do OK

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It'll be
1) Over before you know it...maybe 3 minutes to sort yourself out before the flash.
2) Nasty, long winded and dying of rad sickness.
4) A couple of cities getting nuked before popular revolution spreads and those who pressed the buttons are hanging from lamp posts.
3) It'll turn into a dystopian Mad Max type of scenario, in which case, I need to paint my bike black and buy some fishnets to go over my head.

edit on 39pWed, 19 Mar 2014 07:01:39 -050020142014-03-19T07:01:39-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31uk by SprocketUK because: cos i'm an idiot

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I guess it's okay to speculate about what the horrors of an all-out nuclear war would be like.

But to concern yourself with the aftermath is akin to trying to envision what a large meteor impact would be like.

Nothing can be done to prevent it, nothing can be done to ensure your survival afterwards.

Stop and smell the roses. Enjoy the day. Smile, laugh. The next time you are out, buy dinner for a table of people for no reason.

Control the things you can control.
Adjust the things you can adjust.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

I watched the movie threads when I was a boy in the 1980s. It disturbed me so greatly I had nightmares for several years afterward. Every time a plane flew over at night I was frozen with fear thinking it might be a nuke coming in lol.

Yeah, nuclear war wouldn't be pretty. Let's hope and pray it doesn't happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by HeavenlyAngel

Oh really?

What methods would you employ to prevent the physical reality of the use of a nuclear weapon on any nation?
Things....but you shall see that when the time will come.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

just think though Beez;
if one is a cockroach one would be like all jive and shizle:
"look at me I'm king! I tell you king!...king of the world!"
wouldn't put it past one of those little buggers to be the one that squats on the big red button in the middle of the night
when everyone else is in bed

edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago32 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

seriously
on the beach by nevil shute
movie or book
www.sparknotes.com...
edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago55 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

maybe a dash of lord of the flies
edit on Wedam3b20143America/Chicago26 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

markosity1973

I watched the movie threads when I was a boy in the 1980s. It disturbed me so greatly I had nightmares for several years afterward. Every time a plane flew over at night I was frozen with fear thinking it might be a nuke coming in lol.

That was a horrible film.
Did you ever read Brother in the land? How that is teen fiction I'll never know.
Talk about grim.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Alas Babylon

en.wikipedia.org...

Me, not going to worry.

Now if I had super powers and didn't use them to stop an all-out nuclear war? I'd be to blame and have worries.

But my only super power is being able to step on a single lego piece in the middle of the night in a big house.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I just wanted to add into the depressing equation all the nuclear power stations strewn across the lands and how they would either be unattended or obliterated. These would be like a mass extra nuclear catastrophe on a universal scale.

Great replies on this thread. It's painting just the right picture!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.nuclearsecrecy.com...
Interactive nuke map. Blow up whatever you want and see the effects.
I 'blew up' Philadelphia with Russias biggest nuke (which would be used on Philly).
I'm wiped out. So I dont 'have to worry about a nuclear aftermath.

edit on 3/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

markosity1973

Yes, I got well paranoid. I used to hear sirens in the night. Things were quite hot when Reagan and Thatcher led the charge over the Berlin Wall. They even had the siren practices because I live close to a strategic naval base. At school they told us in assembly that there were only very limited places in the bunker, too.

Fear not. I KNOW it will never happen. There may be the odd insane missile or bomb that gets exploded, but there is not going to ever be an all out nuclear war. The weakest link in the nuclear club is Pakistan; the possibility of jihadists getting hold of a nuclear device. If that ever happened it would be a one off. That is why we have to maintain order and security in Pakistan. That is why it matters to the U.S.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyAngel

I accept that kind of waffle from God, but not from people posting as part of this collective of mortal minds, that we call ATS. I am deadly serious here. What, exactly, do you intend to do to prevent thermonuclear detonations from mushrooming, when the proverbial faeces hits the rotary air flow regulator? Hack the missiles abort codes? Quietly set up a powerful grid of laser platforms? Buy a base ball bat, a parachute and a fast jet, and try and catch them all with a perfect swing? What, good sir, is your game plan?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

"When The Wind Blows" scared me more than "Threads". It was brilliantly done!

It is about an older couple who hide and survive the initial blast, but.... (I will not spoil it). It was great for exposing the hopelessness of all the silly propaganda of drills and government advice. Basically, as we all know here, there is no hope even for the very wealthiest people. The wealthiest would die the most prolonged, slow and hideous death and get to see just a glimpse of the result of politics!

edit on 19-3-2014 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

rival

...like having a kidney-stone migraine-headache childbirth
femur-fracture whole-body-on-fire drawn-and-quartered
while having your anal hairs tweezed by a sadistic blind medieval
clown...

And that's the good part

Actually Rival, the good part is having to endure that cocktail for only about four milliseconds. But it's still a guess about the rest...
Some have said nuclear power was invented, and people are being huddled together in cities for the big event, because atomic fission or fusion can disassemble matter at the elemental level--- and actually as before mentioned destroy the soul.
I knew there was a reason I didn't much like those globalists.
edit on 19-3-2014 by derfreebie because: Hugs and kiss it goodbye. True blackness

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Lot's of warm weather, followed by some cooler weather.

Lots of well-done chicken, beef and humans for eats, free for the taking.

There will be 'Fire Sales' everywhere...it'll make Black Friday look like kiddie play.

Lots of free charcoal for BBQ's and artwork.

No more silly laws to worry about. No more red-light cameras and you can drive as fast as you want (after you piece a car together).

No one will have to worry about eating their veggies before they can have dessert for a very long time.

The new architectural styles will be "Art Noir" and "TSW" (Twisted Smoldering Wreckage)

Everyone will have a tan.

Everything will have an 'outdoor' feel to it.

All the stuff you used to love as a kid, like sticks and bugs, will be...what's for dinner. YAY!

No one will have to worry about getting up in the morning to go to their stinking jobs, and school will be out...forever.

'Hide & Seek' will become the global Anthem.

The universal language will be "AAAAEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHH!!"

In short...it'll be FUN!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I think the best reply I could give as an answer to your question would be:

Get on the phone and call up a few of the survivors of Herosima and Nagasaki.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join