It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 123% of Sevastopol residents vote to join Russia!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow, they managed to make Saddam's and Lil Kim's rigged elections look like weaksauce. Pffft, 99%, 100% turnouts are for amateurs, dedicated BS elections go above & beyond 100%!
/sarcasm

How anybody didn't see rigged elections coming is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nyiah
Wow, they managed to make Saddam's and Lil Kim's rigged elections look like weaksauce. Pffft, 99%, 100% turnouts are for amateurs, dedicated BS elections go above & beyond 100%!
/sarcasm

How anybody didn't see rigged elections coming is beyond me.

I don't think the west should be preaching about rigged elections, ask Florida, I have even been victim to rigged voter fraud in my country.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

In Canadas last election robocalls was added to the lexicon . We are still trying to figure out what that all meant as far as the outcome .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Do you have any non russian sources?

Actually the Russian sources helped, since they confirmed the impossible.

The numbers reported came from Crimean officials. The number of riot police don't come anywhere close to the numbers needed to account for the increase in population, and they also cant expect all of those police to decide they would go and register in Sevastopol.

The Crimean and Russian numbers don't jive together, which undermines both parties - Crimea and Russia, and pretty much confirms the vote was a sham.

What better way to call them out by using their own information.

link   
reply to post by shappy

True but was florida being invaded at the same time?

link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by alldaylong

In Canadas last election robocalls was added to the lexicon . We are still trying to figure out what that all meant as far as the outcome .

Robocalls, at least from what I am use to seeing, are just the automated message to get out and vote. It has nothing to do with actual votes (at least in the US anyways).

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

True but was florida being invaded at the same time?

Ive noticed a trend where when facts are requested and cannot be supplied, they respond with the Florida / Texas comments. If they did research they would understand that Florida is a part of the US and that we use an electoral college and not a popular vote.

Also, our court system resolved the Florida issue. So how about we try and stick to Ukraine / Crimea / Russia and not fall for the gambit of shifting the focus.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Do you have any non russian sources?

Actually the Russian sources helped, since they confirmed the impossible.

The numbers reported came from Crimean officials. The number of riot police don't come anywhere close to the numbers needed to account for the increase in population, and they also cant expect all of those police to decide they would go and register in Sevastopol.

The Crimean and Russian numbers don't jive together, which undermines both parties - Crimea and Russia, and pretty much confirms the vote was a sham.

What better way to call them out by using their own information.

I dont have actual numbers on migrations however, it is plain common sense that obviously migrations happened as people fled some mainland areas. I looked at the date of the population counts and that was old dated so common sense rang bells in my head.

Look at the Crimean flag, it is the same as Russian colours, if they really cared about Ukrain they would have Blue and Yellow colours would they not? The people obviously want away from the people in power, even people in Kiev dont want them in power but what choice do they have faced with such force from the west.

Crimea wants autonomy, they want even independence, let em decide them selves, if they really want to be in Ukraine, they will move. So far I have seen more people move TOWARDS Crimea and less away from it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Xcathdra

123%
Seems legit

This election did better than North Korea.
Great Leader Jr only got 100%

edit on 17-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+1000000000000000000000000
Man that made me LOL so hard, thanx good sir!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Indubitably, can't get much better than that.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

shappy

alldaylong

shappy
You forget to include the new residence that moved to Crimea fleeing Ukraine. Berkut members and also defecting service personel and others fleeing from facist violence.

They are basing that number on OLD population numbers prior to the migration.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

So to be able to vote you don't need any minimum period of residence. You just arrive in Crimea from God Knows Were and cast your vote.
That's a complete novel idea for an election.

I doubt their non participation in the election would have caused the decision to go the other way anyway.

fact is, they had two choices, stay with facists in power or go back to what they know, being Russian.

Honestly, I would probably go that way too faced with those choices.

We are talking Putin here. Who's own election as Russian President was "Rigged"

Are you seriously trying to tell us that an honest election actually took place in Crimea?

If you are then either you have been brain washed or just taking the piss.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

No its not plain common sense.

Especially when it comes to referendums that affect a lot of people.

To dismiss this in the manner you are is troublesome. It means you don't care about the referendum or the people involved.

Great way to welcome new citizens.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by shappy

No its not plain common sense.

Especially when it comes to referendums that affect a lot of people.

To dismiss this in the manner you are is troublesome. It means you don't care about the referendum or the people involved.

Great way to welcome new citizens.

At least they get to vote, in my country, we never got to vote on key issues such as that. I am very envious of them getting a vote.

And my country is suppost to be a democracy.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

So because the colors of the flag are similar they want to be a part of Russia?

That is ridiculous, the people in the streets of Ukraine want independence otherwise they would be out on the streets with their Russian flag.

Russia moved in to protect a land mass that was strategically important, now they are spilling into the mainland to try and see what else they can take.

Russia has no authority to oversee an election, and now that we have reports of 123% turnouts we can confirm that russia is smudging the results of this election. And if that smudging is apparent what else do you think they might be doing?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well as it turned out here the calls were of a Conservative (Harper) source and they were made to Liberal/other none Conservatives telling them they had to vote in the wrong station .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

So because the colors of the flag are similar they want to be a part of Russia?

That is ridiculous, the people in the streets of Ukraine want independence otherwise they would be out on the streets with their Russian flag.

Russia moved in to protect a land mass that was strategically important, now they are spilling into the mainland to try and see what else they can take.

Russia has no authority to oversee an election, and now that we have reports of 123% turnouts we can confirm that russia is smudging the results of this election. And if that smudging is apparent what else do you think they might be doing?

The people in the streets of Ukraine are NOT getting independence from the EU and West, they now have facists in power, they don't like that. Whatever happens in Ukraine, it certinally will NOT be independence.

Do you honestly think getting a loan fromt he west is going to make them more independent!

Europe will CRUSH their local economy.

Their pensions are already cut in half!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

Then why are they asking for NATO?

goo.gl...
edit on 17-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Then why are they asking for NATO?

They can ask but they are not getting because Ukraine is not a NATO member and Ukraine is not even close to becoming a NATO member.

It is also obvious that NATO had plans to get Ukraine into Nato to be on the Russian border. Now that is not so smooth for them.

However, as it stands currently, NATO cannot do anything with Ukraine and should not. That is why they are not doing anything in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

Ukraine have treaties with NATO countries like the US and Britain, a nuclear arms referendum at that. NATO should indeed respond and it is likely eventually they will.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Also according to Ukrainian numbers for Berkut units, they number upwards of 30k.

They were disbanded by the new government and their list of issues included harassing non Russian supporters.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Xcathdra
Also according to Ukrainian numbers for Berkut units, they number upwards of 30k.

They were disbanded by the new government and their list of issues included harassing non Russian supporters.

And the army and navy defectors, and members of the public that fled. Those have also to be accounted for.

Still, even if they have inflated numbers, it is not going to sway the vote the other way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join