It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACEBOOK rushes to defense of dog that mauled 4-year-old boy...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

StallionDuck
I don't know if anyone caught it in the story, but this dog is responsible for attacking and killing another dog.

Too many warning signs.

If the dog is aggressive, why did the neighbor not have a fence put up?

Yes I caught that,

So how is it the dogs responsibility there wasn't a fence or that the child was able to get to the dog in its own territory and attempt to take a bone from it?

Read from the last page... The facts changed once the issue went to court and we found out more about it. Much of what was mentioned in the news article from the start were incorrect. Go to page 11 and see details of what REALLY happened.

A dog can own property cant it if the property is left to the dog in a their owners will?

No.. The owner owns the dog so all that the dog has is also the owners.
... So... Someone steals your dog's chain. You go to court and sue for your dog... will it work? Can you sue for your sister, mother, father, friend? I don't think your dog would point out who stole his chain for starters. See where I'm going?

Also... Why do you have to write a million responses? Why not just address them all in one or a small number of posts? You have like 100 posts back to back.

And you keep saying:

google is your friend if you really want to read and hear that sort of thing just do a search.

Yeah.. The same google that shows this link?
The 10 MOST Dangerous Dogs
Guess what's number 1??

You sure can train out aggression in any breed, just as any breed can be deadly.

You most certainly can not... Not all dogs are created equal. Some are more aggressive breeds than others. Take a wolf pup out of the wild. Train it. Will it NEVER turn on you?

....it can ALWAYS turn on you. Why do you think most states will not let you even own one?

You keep posting your facts and will mine

You have to actually post some... WITH sources. Just because you say them doesn't mean they're facts.

Is the dog going to stay with the previous owner, does anyone know?

If you read the article, you would have that answer. It's in there.
edit on 27-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

No.. The owner owns the dog so all that the dog has is also the owners.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying,

The owners Will, as in legal Will, after they pass away.

I should have used a capital W, my mistake.

Also... Why do you have to write a million responses? Why not just address them all in one or a small number of posts? You have like 100 posts back to back.

Why do I have to write a million responses?

Or 100 posts?

Does it bother you, did I do something wrong, what do these questions have to do with anything?

And you keep saying: Yeah.. The same google that shows this link? The 10 MOST Dangerous Dogs Guess what's number 1??

Yes because they were in reply to posts saying how come its always Pittie and never a Great Dane or other breed that were brought up, So I googled Great Dane mauling s and a few links came up, one with a lady in serious condition after being mauled by this breed someone insinuated doesn't attack people.

I couldn't be bothered posting the links after reading so many ignorant statements so I simply said google is your friend to find reports of incidents of other breed that some in this thread say are not dangerous.

Your link is an opinionated piece with yes what is Number 1, its a not a breed of dog. there are no breed of dog called Pit bull.

What breed of dog is that at number 1, is it an American pit bull or a number of other breeds that fall under the Pit bull category?

Just reading the descriptions of why these dogs can be dangerous is making me laugh, it is written for irresponsible owners that would simply allow nature to takes its course and not take responsibility in training their dog to act according to how they the owner wants their dog to behave.

How many other top 10 dangerous breed lists can you find?

I bet if find 4 more that there will be a variation in what breed in what number and find some lists have breeds listed that other lists wont.

these are opinionated pieces, Yes some breed are more powerful, more protective yet no breed is more dangerous than another.

Any dog is prone to attack, smaller breeds of dog are usually more aggressive than their larger counterparts, larger breeds have been bred to be more docile over the generations.

If a person is responsible and has more of a brain or uses more of their brain than what society expects them to then they would know the responsibility they undertake when getting a dog, know if that breed of dog suits their lifestyle and know what it takes to train your new friend.

Unfortunately any Joe Dirt can buy a dog, just register it and its legal.

You most certainly can not...

Yes you most definitely can.

even with the top 3 of that list of yours of the top 10 most dangerous breeds

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by Serdgiam

Ok, I agree with you on breed types and I do agree that pit bull is a broad term. You make a valid point in that aspect and I'm with you on your examples. When I mentioned pit bulls, I do imagine the more aggresive types such as most if not all Staffordshires. Now, there are others that can have just as much natural aggression, even though some of the same breeds do not. Pete, the lil rascals version was an american bulldog. Made lovable by TV. At the same time, those can be aggressive, in the same way all dogs can. Staffordshires on the other hand, can be monsters. The one in question appears to be either American bull terrier of some sort or an american staffordshire terrier but not 100% since I have no clear picture of the dog. Still, I'm not going by the term so much as I am what took place. I do still feel that most pitbull breeds should not be kept as "pets". They are guard dogs, hunting type killers and do not mix well with children.

I appreciate your response on the questions I asked. You were perfectly levelheaded in your response and you gave exactly what I was looking for.

Im not sure you read my post...

So, lets deny some more ignorance

Staffies are not bred to be guard dogs, quite the opposite. Plenty of people make a differentiation, and say that one breed is "really" the Pit Bull, but they are not educated on the actual genetic differences. Only what they are told.

They were actually referred to as "Nanny Dogs" for decades, because of how well they do with children.

You, and many others, would do well to get actual real life experience with these things rather than what you find on the internet. That applies to plenty of other topics as well (such as science). There is also a massive differentiation between a "Watch Dog" and a "Guard Dog," neither of which apply to the "Pit Bull" term. AB (American Bulldog), however, ARE bred as guard/watch dogs, depending on individual temperament.

You just showed your age a bit too.
The re-make of Little Rascals used an AB, the original did not.

I realize this may be taken as a direct attack on you, but I dont mean it that way. I am just speaking from vast amounts of actual experience, rather than things I read on the internet. Most people nowadays strongly prefer confirmation bias through the net to listening to people like me though. Like I said before, c'est la vie..

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The dog will spend the rest of his life in jail. He has been moved into a no-kill shelter operated by Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He will have access to two treadmills, the roof exercise yard, and will be trained and cared for by inmates.

The judge ruled that instead of euthanizing the dog, it had to be defanged, neutered, and microchipped, and it could not be adopted.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If that dog would have attacked my kid, two things would have happened. A. I would have killed the dog myself. B. the owner would have gotten an epic beat down and a lengthy stay in the hospital.

Dog should have been killed.

Editing to add my disgust again of those on facebook defending this dog and owner and in this thread. If you have a dangerous dog keep it well away from children. I have dogs. This is really easy to do.
edit on 3-5-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The dog was being a dog. The boy walked into his territory and picked up a bone that he was chewing on. This was as much on the babysitter as it was the dog for not paying attention to the child.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The dog was being a dog. The boy walked into his territory and picked up a bone that he was chewing on. This was as much on the babysitter as it was the dog for not paying attention to the child.

I love my dogs too, but if they maul a boy, I'll put my own dogs down. This isn't rocket science. Sometimes you have to do the right thing even when it's hard to do.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I agree, but in this case, it's wrong to punish the dog for being a dog. He was acting on instinct and doing what any dog would do.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join