It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Joe Scarborough Hints at 2016 Run for POTUS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Ever see 'Morning Joe'?? YIKES. 'Republican' Scarborough and that FAR left airhead Brzezinski host a show of talking heads who all spew the 'lean forward' progressive left mantra of MSNBC. Scarborough claims to be a Republican and would most likely run as a Republican. I have no idea if this 'hint' is for real, or if he's just trying to gain attention for himself in order to boost his ratings at MSNBC. (MSNBC ratings are in the cellar).

Joe Scarborough Hints at 2016 Run in New Hampshire

MSNBC host and former Rep. Joe Scarborough drew rave reviews over the weekend in New Hampshire, where he strongly hinted he may make a presidential bid in 2016.

Republican Scarborough, who was a member of House Speaker Newt Gingrich's conservative revolution in the 1990s, told a packed audience on Saturday that he was open to the possibility of returning to politics despite the popularity of MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

The daily morning cable program he co-hosts with Mika Brzezinski is considered a political powerhouse whose news roundups often set the daily agenda for other major media across the nation.

"We don't need to elect another Clinton for eight years," Scarborough bluntly told a panel he was moderating at the Northeast Republican Conference (NERC) in Nashua, N.H.

More info and quotes at the link ...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Springer and SkepticOverlord, at this point, have my vote over any pundits or pols currently running for president.

Though, with the way our country is looking, I don't know of any sane person who'd want the job.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I've voted for both democrats and republicans over the years.
I've taken to voting Libertarian over the past bunch of elections.
I'm looking at the field of hopefuls for 2016 .... people 'hinting' like Huckabee and Scarborough
.... YIKES.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

This is evidence enough for me that the political system in the US is completely insane.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If he runs his campaign will be sponsored by Starbucks. I used to watch the show before Starbucks "bought" it, and now the hosts have to drink coffee from these big cups with the brand name on it. Scarbrough has sold out his shows name and his own name ("drink more coffee, Joe, we have to see the logo") which tells everyone up-front what kind of candidate/president he'd make. He'd have to hold up a cup with the logo facing the camera during his state of the union address.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Butt nuggets are coming out of the woodwork in what looks like an attempt to dilute the vote.

After Obamacare, the NSA empowerment act and sustained/increased foreign military intervention, people are sick of the Dems.

On the GOP side, Rand has my support.

But I see what seems to be a divide and conquer strategy by the Dems.

They realize that there is a division in the GOP. If they can get enough people to vote Libertarian or 3rd Party, it will secure a win for the Dems, despite 8 years of Obama.

Lately its been difficult to vote for the lesser of two evils especially when there was a candidate who actually deserved to be POTUS: Ron Paul.

Rand has some typical GOP qualities, but once in the WH, theres no doubt that he will try to subdue the federalies.

edit on 17-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Joe seems to have mellowed but deep down he is still a neocon and should be a welcome addition to the GOP hopefuls.
I'm very interested to see if he can come up with a viable platform other than "I'm not Obama"
I'm open to any constructive course for the nation that doesn't include war.
But with all the saber rattling from many sectors; that may be too much to ask.
edit on 17-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

beezzer

Springer and SkepticOverlord, at this point, have my vote over any pundits or pols currently running for president.

Though, with the way our country is looking, I don't know of any sane person who'd want the job.

So, qualifications confirmed, do we have our candidates?

top topics

join