It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is twerking demonic/evil?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Take this thread with a grain of salt...I certainly do, which is why I chose to put it in skunkworks.

Anyway, I can't escape the uncomfortable impression that twerkers look like people posessed by demons or something. All that twitching and shuddering. I dont find it sexy or fun at all. It looks repulsive.

And...perhaps this idea is not so far fetched. Look at spirit-possession in different cultures -- the human vessel for the demon ofte jerks and twitches around in a spastic way. Some people might even think the propagation of twerking is a kind of mass demonological infestation deliberately created by Hollywood dark warlocks of culture.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

Rubbish. Sorry to say.

I dont find it sexy or fun at all

The operative word here being..."I"....you will have to learn to allow other to find something amusing and sexy without you confirming it.

Because "you" don't find it fun or sexy...it's demonic ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
When ur grandparents start twerkin then its evil

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I always thought it was just a simplified form of perreo, a more sensual but animated dance form.

This video has an example of perreo: the lady in the leopard print.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Seiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Twerking is totally fine, it's just Miley Sirus that is #ing annoying.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm sure some twerkers are demon possessed. Some twerkers are probably tweakers too. I think it's an awkward type of dance, whapping your butt and flapping your backside wildly. It's like the person is trying to create a wind with their butt.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
YES They are!!!
All new dance crazes are demon made...just look at the twist many years ago.....SATAN spawned!!!.
Head banging....From Lucifer.
Pogo.......From Beelzebub.

Or it isn't and you have just gotten a little bit too old to get it.
Don't people realise that every time someone says "Pop music/culture is devil spawned" the music producers think "I did my job they are talking about it".

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Haha, if you think twirking is demonic you should see me do my zombie dance. I started doing it at raves about eight years ago, now I do it on stage sometimes stood next to my friend when he DJs at certain events and he wants to look cool. When I do it I completely trance off, my body moves in the weirdest ways, like a Marilyn Manson or lady gaga video, lots of convulsing, mixed with forward/ reverse type moves where someone could be controlling me with a remote control, shuddering anything really to look as possessed and in human as possible lol!
But no im not possessed, I just laugh afterwards walk off, have a drink, and thank hot girls for telling me an insanely good dancer

edit on 17-3-2014 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If by evil you mean awesome...

Then its soooo EVIL... its evil all night long....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If you feel at all that twerking is evil in any way, and you still do it anyways, then it is actually evil for that person. It works the same way for lots of things.

And yes there are those things that are evil all the time..

Having said this, if twerking is the least of the bad things you do, it shouldn't be too difficult to stop doing it. The more depraved and evil things a person does, will wind up messing the person up to the point where they can't get away from it. sometimes not ever. An example of this in a very extreme case would be the killer named Dahmer.. Who knows, maybe it all began for him with twerking, and progressed from there? Even though this may sound a bit funny, it is not at all.

I don't know if he was demon possessed or if twerkers are, but I do know that there are forces that we can't see, that are promoting your emotions to try something just a little taste. with the end goal of your spiritual destruction.

Seriously though, things can very subtly progress from a little bit evil to very very bad, and sometimes that can end up getting some people introduced to evil beings who will use your own desires and thoughts against you to increase any kind of kind of thing, if you keep doing it and think its a bit on the evil side, then you will be seen and targeted for "building your evil up,
level by level."

I have witnessed it happening and evil does have a realm of their own to operate in stealth from. (people laugh at it as nonsense while the world goes up 10 levels in evil higher each day..

I know You just asked about twerking, but those evil things start from a very slight thing into the the real ugly, and it creeps up on people without them realizing it until they are truly depraved, destroyed, life in prison, whatever.All bad.

I don't think twerking is evil on it's own, unless a person feels it is, and they watch it, do it anyways. This makes it evil.

(Just say no way).

Some just laugh at this as fantasy while depravity gets stronger around them everywhere. Okay..

edit on 17-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Twerking's been around since the late 80's/early 90's, so it's not exactly new.

I've heard of demonic possession and rituals of the dark arts, but to say this dance move is "evil" and "demonic" is pushing it a little..

Is twerking a crude dance move, that's become a popular fad among kids these days?

Yes.

Is twerking demonic/evil?

No.

However, if the title of thread was, "Is Miley Cyrus demonic/evil?", then I would have to think twice.
edit on 17-3-2014 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Chronic mentally handicapped demons.. I can see that.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't know about it being demonic but I do know it looks ridiculous.

It looks like the person is having a fit of some kind.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
As a practitioner of Tai Chi (ancient Chinese body movements), I can assure you that there are wholesome and unwholesome ways to move the body, summoning either positive energy or negative energy. "Twerking" from this perspective would be considered by most people who are aware of energy-movement to be a negative practice.

Sad to see that the broad majority is completely oblivious to this and I`m sorry you're getting so much ridicule for even making the suggestion.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Yeah I agree... don't find it sexy at all. To me it just looks stupid, repulsive and completely lacking in class, but each to their own.

ps: it's the work of attention whores, not the devil

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Depends who's doing it . If it's your mom or gran then yeah it's absolutely of the Devil and evil but if it's the hot chic from down the road then it's heaven sent

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's not evil IMHO ... it's just stupid and degrading. It's not dancing. It's not exercise. It's not pretty. It's just shaking fat booty. Honestly, I think it's just ugly and it makes the person doing the twerking look foolish.

And when you combine that with tongue wagging .. like Miley Cyrus does ... it's just nauseating.
Her tongue .. ugly and coated white ... god only knows what that white slime on her tongue is.

ETA ... I'll have to take another look at the negative energy thing that Skyfloating brought up.
That is interesting. There may be something to this 'evil energy' thing that I wasn't aware of.

edit on 3/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Twerking is an allusion to sex, as far as I can tell, so yeah, twitching and shuddering about covers it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I thought twerking was another type if messaging or social media. Like tweeting. Lol haha. Forgive me, I just turned 30 and I'm a little slower then I used to be.

As for demonic, ugh. Really?
Why does everything have to be demonic to Christians? Its a really goofy and maybe ridiculous type of dancing but not demonic..

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Socrato
I'm sure some twerkers are demon possessed. Some twerkers are probably tweakers too. I think it's an awkward type of dance, whapping your butt and flapping your backside wildly. It's like the person is trying to create a wind with their butt.
I personally know people who can create a wind with their butt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join