It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would've guessed? Iran pursuing banned items for nuclear, missile work: U.S. official

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Every nation in the world has the right to arm itself with nuclear weapons. Its a stupid thing to do collectively, but given what is happening in Ukraine now, every other nations has the right to do so, even Iran.

Ukraine signed an agreement known as the Budapest memorandum in 1994, to get rid of its ex-soviet nuclear missiles (3rd largest in the world at the time), in return for security guarantees from all signatories (USA, England, Germany, France, China, Russia) and respect of its territorial integrity.

Now that Ukraine has no nukes, Russia has begun its invasion, none of the other signatories are putting their balls on the table to back up the agreement, why wouoldnt Iran take note of what happened there and arm itself to the teeth?

Thats what people dont realise....not backing up international agreements and treaties opens the door (which cannot be closed again), to an international arms race and in turn many regional if not global war as a result.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, I normally extend my inalienable rights to others. With that being said, I believe they have the right to bear arms.

P.S.- I smell shills.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
www.defensenews.com...

The US-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014 mandates myriad measures for enhancing Washington’s legal commitment to ensure Israel’s so-called Qualitative Military Edge.
Passed March 5 by the US House of Representatives in an emphatic 410-1 vote, H.R. 938 elevates Israel from “major non-NATO ally” to a new designation as “major strategic partner.” Majority support is projected for a similar bill in the US Senate. Beyond the $3.1 billion in annual military aid, billions in multiyear funding for joint missile defense and other defense-related perquisites, the proposed law extends cooperation into energy, cyber and water sectors.

Under the new bills, Pentagon authority for replenishing prepositioned materiel extends through 2016.
They also urge the White House to “expeditiously conclude” a new 10-year agreement to assure US security assistance to Israel through 2027.

These accusations come a week after the US Congress/ Military Industry renewed huge monies, that Israel may continue to dangerously and ever more thoroughly militarize in the heart of the region.
This is dangerous because Israel is ever more hawkish and aggressive, and destabilizing to the Middle East through their actions.

It is facilitated by the US Congress, whom are beholden to sinister interests, rather than the citizens and peace they are intended to serve.

It is clear that the powers to which the United States lawmakers truly answer, target Iran along with all the other Middle Eastern nations we have seen plunge into chaos.
This plan, an occupation of Iran, is being pushed forward by any means possible.
This story exemplifies what seems to be a modern operative of aggressive hypocrisy, as a means to justify forcible economic and political change.
edit on 16-3-2014 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2014 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

ausername
They never stopped. Emboldened by the weakness of the west....

Recall that the invasion and overthrow of the country next door on the pretext of preventing nuclear development, with that deposed government selected from a shortlist of 3 countries that Iran was also on, led to only a temporary cessation.
So..... you know..... non-weakness also didn't work.
It's almost as though this non-US country has their own non-US agenda and is pursuing it regardless.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Mmmmmm... on that subject of "non-proliferation", why is it that the one shouting the loudest, leading the calls for attacks (by others) on Iran and formulating US foreign policy (doesn't take a political scientist to see that one), is the one country that has an undeclared nuclear weapons capability, possibly numbering hundreds of warheads and the means to deploy them via air land and sea? Let us also not forget their shady dealings in selling a few to South Africa too.
Yet, despite all that, the US still pumps $Billions into Israel each year, illegally under US law (Symington Amendment) and allows it's foreign policy to be dictated by a bunch of religious supremacist nutjobs?

I love the small of irony! I'd love it better if it were not likely to get us all killed one day.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

stirling
Could be the goods are booby trapped with some type of virus or installed flaws.....?

Google "Operation Merlin"

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Why don't you all leave Iran alone, they are not bothering me at all.

When America and Israel gets rid of their Nuclear weapons, then you have something to argue about.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

No surprise that you contradict yourself in the same post, given such an awful lack of awareness.

Melbourne_Militia
Every nation in the world has the right to arm itself with nuclear weapons.
Thats what people dont realise....not backing up international agreements and treaties opens the door ... to an international arms race and in turn many regional if not global war as a result.

So how do you reconcile the U. N.'s "Non-proliferation" treaty which Iran has ratified, and its violations of numerous U. N. resolutions, sanctions and treaties regarding development and delivery of nuclear weapons?

Do away with treaties?
Do away with the U. N.?

Melbourne_Militia
Now that Ukraine has no nukes, Russia has begun its invasion, none of the other signatories are putting their balls on the table to back up the agreement, why wouoldnt Iran take note of what happened there and arm itself to the teeth?

Sure, with support from nuclear-armed powers such as Russia and North Korea? How can you justify Iran's nuclearization with reference to its 2 largest nuclear-armed supporters?
Do you really believe that Russia or North Korea pose a threat to Iran?

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Mmmmmm... on that subject of "non-proliferation", why is it that the one shouting the loudest, leading the calls for attacks (by others) on Iran and formulating US foreign policy (doesn't take a political scientist to see that one), is the one country that has an undeclared nuclear weapons capability, possibly numbering hundreds of warheads and the means to deploy them via air land and sea?

I don't know; could it be that Israel sees the U. N. as a corrupt, politically-opposed institution more interested in its own preservation than in resolution of conflicts?

Mmmmmm, indeed.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

jdub297

I don't know; could it be that Israel sees the U. N. as a corrupt, politically-opposed institution more interested in its own preservation than in resolution of conflicts?

Mmmmmm, indeed.

deny ignorance

jw

Wait....are you suggesting all countries should see UN the way Israel sees UN - "as a corrupt, politically-opposed institution more interested in its own preservation than in resolution of conflicts"? So every nation should have undeclared NUCLEAR war heads?

Interesting signature, JW.

edit on 19-3-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This article on OP oozes of nefarious intentions, in every corner of it one can see the insane filthy hands of Zionist/Israelis warmongers and of course “sold out US OFFICIALS” all over it!

Now, the question is what are they up to and busy with to cover up by bringing the Iran’s issue to day light again..?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by jdub297

Considering the number of US military bases surrounding them and the Israeli nuclear capabilities frankly I can't blame them. If I was in their position I'd be doing the same thing.

The US doesn't exactly have an impartial agenda in the ME and Israel's actions locally or globally cannot be causing anything but tension IMO.

I dont think it has ever been about Iran threatening the US. Is has always been about Iran threatening Israel. However it is country full of muslims... so who knows what they are up to.

I say lets just have a good ol duel between Israel and Iran, the winner gets to keep their country. After the matter... the US and the EU get to turn the rest of the ME into a giant glass factory and shiny black parking lot.

It really is hard to have any compassion for a part of the world that has been raping and murdering each other for the past 5000 years.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Isreal wants Iran out of the way...

Israel wants America to take Iran out....

America will do what Israel tells it to do...

America has the bit between the teeth and will either find or more likely invent a reason to invade Iran.

Israel won't stop until America has invaded all its enemies.

Why have a dog and bark yourself...

Im not sure if the OP'er is being ironic with the thread title or actually believes it..
edit on AM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

andy1972

Actually they want Iran to recognize them as a country and to stop calling for their destruction 5 times a day.

andy1972

Israel does not need US assistance to take Iran out. Israel did just fine the first 5 times Arab countries tried to end Israeli existence.

andy1972

Not under this President. Obama does not care for the current Israeli leader.

andy1972
America has the bit between the teeth and will either find or more likely invent a reason to invade Iran.

No need to invent a reason. There is plenty to choose from with regards to Iran's current actions.

andy1972

Do you do any research at all or do you just parrot the same crap day in and day out with regards to Israel? There are massive disagreements between Israel and the US, so much in fact that over the last 6 years Obama has essentially stabbed Israel in the back.

So at this point your argument is without merit in that the actions of this administration don't come close to supporting your accusations.

andy1972
Why have a dog and bark yourself...

Why work for peace when you can blame Israel for all the problems in all the Muslim countries? I guess its easier to blame the dog than take responsibility eh?

andy1972
Im not sure if the OP'er is being ironic with the thread title or actually believes it..
edit on AM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

Did you bother asking before making the assumption? Its ok, Iran does the same thing, jumping to a conclusion that is not supported and instead of admitting they made a mistake, they ignore it like it never happened.

What are the chances we can have a normal discussion on this topic without the typical Death to the west contingent interjecting propaganda to derail the thread?

We have a mixed nationality site where we can get discussions from both sides. Why do people behave in a manner that forces those willing to debate / discuss the topic out of the thread? Whats the goal behind stopping meaningful discussion / debate?

Is dialogue that dangerous to some?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Xcathdra
Israel does not need US assistance to take Iran out. Israel did just fine the first 5 times Arab countries tried to end Israeli existence.

Wow. Only "5 times a day" (don't you think you have mistaken Muslim 5 times a day prayer for call for Israel destruction?). Anyway, I assume it should be a lot less than the zionist regime's calls for real pre-emptive strikes against Iran but who's counting?

Xcathdra
Not under this President. Obama does not care for the current Israeli leader.

Well, don't expect all Israeli-paid slaves to listen 100% of the time. The US has already lost international respect for giving Israel all the free passes to criminal acts by looking the other way. Besides, as it is, Obama already has no time even for many domestic issues. Plus there are just too many vacations to plan.

Xcathdra
No need to invent a reason. There is plenty to choose from with regards to Iran's current actions.

I'm curious, so what's stopping them to strike Iran if there are plenty of reasons to choose from? Perhaps they are just hollow, "made-up reasons? Are they just too scared to do it themselves? Why must they rally other countries to kill millions of innocents? Afraid to be singled out without having someone else to be the fallguy?

Xcathdra.... in fact that over the last 6 years Obama has essentially stabbed Israel in the back.

If you try to throw someone under the bus and expect him to die but he escapes it, it does not constitute stabbing you in the back, dear. (sigh)

Xcathdra
Why work for peace when you can blame Israel for all the problems in all the Muslim countries? I guess its easier to blame the dog than take responsibility eh?

If the pitbull keeps mauling and killing the neighbors' kids and expanding marking of its territory, maybe it's time to give it a proper behavioral training or put it to sleep, don't you agree? The other alternative is to relocate it to a new home. There will be no peace otherwise.

At this point, it seems there are more people who could care less if Iran gets a nuclear weapon especially if Israel isn't willing to give up theirs. Many see it as two thugs in the neighborhood fighting each other. One apparently and historically shown to be more aggressive than the other (and we know which one). Let's face it, the days of Israel (The Zionists) acting as the good guy are numbering. It has to reinvent itself from the bully image (covert or otherwise) to survive...maybe to be a more compassionate, peace-loving, honest, transparent, friendly nation. I guess that would be asking too much at this moment.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Kurius
Wow. Only "5 times a day" (don't you think you have mistaken Muslim 5 times a day prayer for call for Israel destruction?). Anyway, I assume it should be a lot less than the zionist regime's calls for real pre-emptive strikes against Iran but who's counting?

Your right, calling for attacks on military installations is a lot worse than Iran calling for the complete destruction of Israel.

Kurius
Well, don't expect all Israeli-paid slaves to listen 100% of the time. The US has already lost international respect for giving Israel all the free passes to criminal acts by looking the other way. Besides, as it is, Obama already has no time even for many domestic issues. Plus there are just too many vacations to plan.

Not sure what an Israeli paid slave is. Is it like the people who work for the Ayatollah?
As for Obama and vacations I agree... At times I wish he would go on vacation and come back at the end of his term.

As for lost respect is about on par with those who protect the criminal acts of Iran and Syria.

Kurius
I'm curious, so what's stopping them to strike Iran if there are plenty of reasons to choose from? Perhaps they are just hollow, "made-up reasons? Are they just too scared to do it themselves? Why must they rally other countries to kill millions of innocents? Afraid to be singled out without having someone else to be the fallguy?

Because the goal of Israel is not to destroy all of Iran or invade / occupy the country. Their concern is an Islamic nuclear bomb and nothing more... Well, aside from Iran calling for the destruction of Israel 5 times a day. One can argue that not acting on Iran means they are doing their best to give diplomacy a chance to work, with Iran agreeing to the compromise about their program.

As for being called out / fall guy I don't think Israel has ever shied away from taking action.

Kurius
If you try to throw someone under the bus and expect him to die but he escapes it, it does not constitute stabbing you in the back, dear. (sigh)

When Obama confirms actions to the media regarding Israel it is in fact stabbing them in the back. When Obama discusses private conversations he had with Israel over their security concerns its in fact stabbing Israel in the back. Just as we have done to Ukraine with the Russian invasion.

Kurius
If the pitbull keeps mauling and killing the neighbors' kids and expanding marking of its territory, maybe it's time to give it a proper behavioral training or put it to sleep, don't you agree? The other alternative is to relocate it to a new home. There will be no peace otherwise.

Or maybe putting a warning sign on the fence warning people that crawling over the fence to poke the dogs does not always end well for the person who ignored the warning to start out with.

The other alternative would be to increase the warnings about the danger of going over the fence and adding additional safeguards to prevent the kids who refuse to learn from going over the fence eh?

Kurius
At this point, it seems there are more people who could care less if Iran gets a nuclear weapon especially if Israel isn't willing to give up theirs.

Well for starters Israel has never officially acknowledged they have nuclear weapons. Second Iran is a member of the NPT where as Israel is not. If we look at Israel we can see the surrounding countries attempting to wipe her off the map, to use Iranian verbiage, several times. Not to mention the constant chants of death to Israel Death to America.

If Iran wants nuclear weapons they can withdraw from the NPT, just like north Korea has done. However, that creates a problem since Iran's officials position is they are not seeking nuclear weapons. Since Israel is not threatening to wipe Iran off the map, and with Iran's military being unbeatable (according to their generals) Iran has nothing to worry about.

Kurius
Many see it as two thugs in the neighborhood fighting each other. One apparently and historically shown to be more aggressive than the other (and we know which one). Let's face it, the days of Israel (The Zionists) acting as the good guy are numbering. It has to reinvent itself from the bully image (covert or otherwise) to survive...maybe to be a more compassionate, peace-loving, honest, transparent, friendly nation. I guess that would be asking too much at this moment.

Its hard to be friendly and trusting when the bulk of history shows those neighbors as anything but. Its hard not to be cautious when your neighbors don't recognize that you exist.

Logic dictates that if Iran states Israel does not exist, then how can Israel be a threat?

To bring it back around to on topic - Why is Iran trying to obtain items is civilian nuclear program does not need?
edit on 20-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Xcathdra
Your right, calling for attacks on military installations is a lot worse than Iran calling for the complete destruction of Israel.

There's is nothing better or worse. But remember, the people of Iran are no different from you (perhaps) and I. Majority of them want peace. If Israel stops getting involved in wars (outright or by proxy), it will have a lot less enemies and less hated and despised by the international community. And it has nothing about anti-semitism but mere anti-assholeness (Forgive the French).

Xcathdra
Not sure what an Israeli paid slave is. Is it like the people who work for the Ayatollah?

No....It's like the people who work for Mc Donald and Monsanto. Lol. I think we are both being facetious. Cut it out, you.

XcathdraBecause the goal of Israel is not to destroy all of Iran or invade / occupy the country. Their concern is an Islamic nuclear bomb and nothing more... Well, aside from Iran calling for the destruction of Israel 5 times a day. One can argue that not acting on Iran means they are doing their best to give diplomacy a chance to work, with Iran agreeing to the compromise about their program.

As for being called out / fall guy I don't think Israel has ever shied away from taking action.

Thank you for your attempted explanation, but it doesn't answer the question. Why won't Israel act upon it alone without International backing? I remember Netanyahu warned that he would do so. God knows I'm still holding my breath and turning blue. Israel has been breaching many international laws and getting away with it anyway. What is another one?
You are not giving diplomacy a chance if you keep insisting on preemptive strikes against Iran more than (to borrow your words) "5 times a day". And for goodness sake...why the need for diplomacy when you have "so many reason to choose from" to make that strike? At this moment, Israel is like a boy crying wolves and has been doing so for as long as we can all remember. If we believed Israel, Iran would now have had more nuclear war heads than USA and Israel put together.
In the end, is it not difficult to deduce that Israel has been lying and will continue doing so likely to control yet another one of the last territories that are still not puppets of the Zionists and its corporations? Honestly, is it not apparent they just want to use the American taxpayers' money and kids to die for them to achieve their goals?

XcathdraWhen Obama confirms actions to the media regarding Israel it is in fact stabbing them in the back. When Obama discusses private conversations he had with Israel over their security concerns its in fact stabbing Israel in the back. Just as we have done to Ukraine with the Russian invasion.

For argument sake, let's say that's true, then Israel should be smart enough not to trust the US, shouldn't it? Burn the bridge while it can. Anyone stabbing you in the back is not worth keeping a friend, is it? Say no to the $3 Billion a year handout's from the US. That money is a great insult... not to mention it makes Israel looks like a whim or worse, a (not-so-cheap) prostitute who can't feed her own kids. Show it to the US and the world Israel doesn't need a handout, especially from a back-stabber. Teach US a lesson by refusing the money. It's just not worth losing the nation's dignity....if it has any left, that is.

XcathdraOr maybe putting a warning sign on the fence warning people that crawling over the fence to poke the dogs does not always end well for the person who ignored the warning to start out with.

The other alternative would be to increase the warnings about the danger of going over the fence and adding additional safeguards to prevent the kids who refuse to learn from going over the fence eh?

Well, really...you are expecting the Pitbull to put up a warning sign? The neighbors are certainly afraid to come anywhere near it. It just wants to keep marking greater territory all over plus mauling innocent kids to thrive. It is currently still blood thirsty. Even getting it trained, cured or relocated is a HUGE challenge. Seriously, I think the neighbors may only be left with one viable option, don't you agree?

XcathdraIf Iran wants nuclear weapons they can withdraw from the NPT, just like north Korea has done. However, that creates a problem since Iran's officials position is they are not seeking nuclear weapons. Since Israel is not threatening to wipe Iran off the map, and with Iran's military being unbeatable (according to their generals) Iran has nothing to worry about.

As for NPT, you are right...Iran should withdraw from it and protect itself. No sense in getting their prized Persian carpet getting peed by a pitbull. That would be tragic and get me annoyed. Oops, not my carpet.

Xcathdra
Its hard to be friendly and trusting when the bulk of history shows those neighbors as anything but. Its hard not to be cautious when your neighbors don't recognize that you exist.

Logic dictates that if Iran states Israel does not exist, then how can Israel be a threat?

Really, it's easy to trust your neighbours and vice versa if you stop harassing them (and accuse them of harassing you first or plant false flag attacks), return what you owe and lastly, apologize nicely. Hey, if I can get along with my neighbors (as do many nations), logic dictates Israel can too. Right now, it appears it just doesn't want to and it has no real genuine friends. Friendship is earned, not bought through campaign contributions or threats. Israel only excels in making themselves rich, enemies all over while creating unsafe world for everyone else. Is it all worth it? I doubt it.

Xcathdra
To bring it back around to on topic - Why is Iran trying to obtain items is civilian nuclear program does not need?

Who cares? (As you can tell, everyone in ATS is more involved in the missing plane than Iran getting a nuke. LOL). Let's face it...if they do, they are just doing what they have to do to protect themselves. Not our business (certainly not mine). It's the Zionists' problem. All problems are self-created especially in Israel's case.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Kurius

jdub297

Mmmmmm, indeed.

deny ignorance

jw

Wait....are you suggesting all countries should see UN the way Israel sees UN - "as a corrupt, politically-opposed institution more interested in its own preservation than in resolution of conflicts"? So every nation should have undeclared NUCLEAR war heads?

Interesting signature, JW.

No; I'm suggesting that the U. N. is a corrupt, dependent, socialistic foil interposed between the nations which created and support it and those who oppose but suckle at its teats without account or responsibility.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

kdyam
reply to post by jdub297

Considering the number of US military bases surrounding them and the Israeli nuclear capabilities frankly I can't blame them. If I was in their position I'd be doing the same thing.

The US doesn't exactly have an impartial agenda in the ME and Israel's actions locally or globally cannot be causing anything but tension IMO.

I dont think it has ever been about Iran threatening the US. Is has always been about Iran threatening Israel. However it is country full of muslims... so who knows what they are up to.

I say lets just have a good ol duel between Israel and Iran, the winner gets to keep their country. After the matter... the US and the EU get to turn the rest of the ME into a giant glass factory and shiny black parking lot.

It really is hard to have any compassion for a part of the world that has been raping and murdering each other for the past 5000 years.

Your sarcasm is not far off the mark.
Americans will never understand the tribal allegiances and instincts that govern much of the "Middle East."

I have first-hand experience that the indigenous people of the region are little more than barbarians with modern technology.
They will wipe each other out before they consider Western ideals of "democracy" and "human rights" to be of any concern except for international global impressions.
edit on 21-3-2014 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

andy1972
Why have a dog and bark yourself... .

Andy is "all in" for the transformation of America.

She and her kind will not be happy until the U.S. has withdrawn from the world stage and has become a victim of circumstances; much as she and her sisters agree. Better to hide under the bed than to confront the monsters of the real world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join