It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would've guessed? Iran pursuing banned items for nuclear, missile work: U.S. official

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
After Kerry and Obama agreed in January to look the other way on previously-effective sanctions in exchange for nothing, it turns out that Iran has continued to thumb its nose at the U. S. and the "global community" Obama and friends keep referring to as deterrents to international aggression and military actions against peaceful former allies.

(Reuters) - Iran has pursued a longstanding effort to buy banned components for its nuclear and missile programs in recent months, a U.S. official said on Sunday, a period when it struck an interim deal with major powers to limit its disputed atomic activity.

Vann Van Diepen, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Non-Proliferation, said Iran was still "very actively" creating front companies and engaging in other activity to conceal procurements.

Iran pursuing banned items for nuclear, missile work

These materials and equipment are not related to the enrichment of uranium, but the delivery of nuclear weapons via ballistic missiles.

... [S]uch trade would breach a 2006 U.N. embargo banning the provision by any nation to Iran of materials related to its nuclear and missile development work.
Asked if he had seen a change in Iranian procurement behavior in the past six to 12 months, a period that has seen a cautious thaw in U.S.-Iranian relations after decades of hostility, Van Diepen replied: "The short answer is no.
"They still continue very actively trying to procure items for their nuclear program and missile program and other programs," he told Reuters in an interview.
"We continue to see them very actively setting up and operating through front companies, falsifying documentation, engaging in multiple levels of trans-shipment ... to put more apparent distance between where the item originally came from and where it is ultimately going."

Asked for reaction to the allegation, a senior Iranian official replied: "No comment".

www.reuters.com...

Iran cannot produce its missiles and related technology on its own, so it depends on goods and materiel sourced abroad.

The revelation to Reuters has received widespread attention around the world, but hardly a mention in the U. S., and none in the MSM.

From a keyword search for: " Iran pursuing banned items."
news.yahoo.com/iran-pursuing-banned-items-nuclear-missi...‎

www.efabula.com/story.php?m=15070012‎

dailymail.org.uk/.../Iran-pursuing-banned-items-for-nuclear--missile-wor...‎

www.gotnewswire.com/.../us-official-iran-pursuing-banned-items-for-nu...‎

www.deshbidesh.com.au/iran-pursuing-banned-items-for-nuclear-missile-work...‎

www.world.topnewstoday.org › World

www.indiaeveryday.in/news-iran-pursuing-banned-items-for-nuclear-mi...‎

www.wararkasomalia.com/.../iran-pursuing-banned-items-for-nuclear-mi...‎

www.hiw.me/globeandmail/status/445227408233222147‎

www.lagostelevision.com/.../iran-pursuing-banned-items-for-nuclear-m

Who would've guessed?

jw
edit on 16-3-2014 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I wonder if they rely on this country for some of that material because despite the sanctions they want for business to go on as usual .mondoweiss.net...

edit to add the first report of this www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 16-3-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So, the article states that the alleged procurement of equipment does not relate to enrichment of uranium, so nothing to do with any nuclear programme, but is for their missile development. Since when was their missile tech a threat to the civilised (joke!) world?
I know there were some in the US, with Israeli prodding, that wanted conditions entered into the P5+1 talks calling for a ban on their missile development, but that never went anywhere as far as I recall, plus you can't enter into negotiations then move the goalposts and add stuff halfway through, much as some would like to!

All I see here is just another non-story trying to show us that those nasty Iranians will be the death of us all.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hypothetically, lets say, an outside power, through illegal means subjugated the authority of the President, over threw our government.

Than as a people, we over through the puppet this foreign power put in place.

Would the US than listen to these people when they told us not to have nukes?

Just postulating, not saying they SHOULD have it, but I understand.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
They never stopped. Emboldened by the weakness of the west, changing policies and concessions for politically advantageous clandestine agreements with the US administration.

IMO

Because they can....

Weakness invites attack.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Not sure what you are getting at but Peter Dale Scott has spoken about this and to tell you the truth if true then all the confusion we have about what is going on and why starts to make sense www.informationclearinghouse.info...

He is not alone in what he suggest and I wish I knew about it better .It would seem to answer you supposed hypothesis . I have gone further to believe that such a thing has happened .

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
These mullah m/fs will cause WWIII.Israel will destroy them.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

what I am saying, is I wouldn't be surprised that Iran was doing everything in its power to arm itself.

It would make logical sense based on the history present there.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

No doubt but I think it goes deeper in a way that tptb are helping them . The deep state would be tptb and they have a plan that uses both sides that they control to bring about change they want .It's about a end game they want to be ready to hit the switch ..The best place to pick up their tracks is with the Jesuits .Be careful because they change shoes when ever they need to but the MO is always the same in which they work .When they need to assume the humble poor kind giving priest ,they will .When they need to be a world leader they will .... They use what ever means justifies the end .

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by benrl

No doubt but I think it goes deeper in a way that tptb are helping them . The deep state would be tptb and they have a plan that uses both sides that they control to bring about change they want .It's about a end game they want to be ready to hit the switch ..The best place to pick up their tracks is with the Jesuits .Be careful because they change shoes when ever they need to but the MO is always the same in which they work .When they need to assume the humble poor kind giving priest ,they will .When they need to be a world leader they will .... They use what ever means justifies the end .

All conflict is good, it feeds the beast that is the war economy.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Considering the number of US military bases surrounding them and the Israeli nuclear capabilities frankly I can't blame them. If I was in their position I'd be doing the same thing.

The US doesn't exactly have an impartial agenda in the ME and Israel's actions locally or globally cannot be causing anything but tension IMO.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yep, the warmongers have been dying to take out this "hostile" nation for sometime.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well that is what we have been lead to believe but what if it was something else .I know that is what any sane person would conclude about the picture but what if tptb were actually based in Iran .good cop bad cop ...I think looking at the map that if Iran was truly the target and knew it we would have seem much more events linking directly to Iran .Think about how us is backing other Govts. that have no beef with Iran .Iraq was urged by US to have a go at Iran .What hasn't Saudi Arabia done so ? I don't know ...my mind gets tired thinking about that place over there . gonna go have a nappie :>)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Look at it this way:

Iran builds a nuclear arsenal and demonstrates to the world that they have the missile tech to deliver those warheads.

What now? What happens?

I doubt Iran would use nukes because the minute one launches, they will attacked by many different nations..ensuring their country is turned in to rubble.

But, if Iran just sits back and conducts "business as usual", the rhetoric and threats toward Iran will die really quickly and the constant beating of the war drums against Iran will as well. It completely changes how people view and act towards Iran.

In that aspect, I can see why Iran would want a nuke.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The "funny" thing is that the US was ready to declare nuclear WAR against Russia for simply placing a missile NEAR the USA (in Cuba).

If the rest of the world was to use that standard, the US would have been attacked a hundred times over.

Iran has pursued a longstanding effort to buy banned components for its nuclear and missile programs in recent months, a U.S. official said on Sunday

A US "official" said so. Really? Who would have guessed...

WikiLeaks reveals US, Israel lies on Iran.

Even if true, I have a question.

How is this anyone else's business, especially the US's?

In-case anyone forgot, the US is the only nation to actually have USED nuclear weapons, not once but TWICE, and that on a CIVILIAN population.

After the lie based pre-emptive attack on Iraq, the World quickly realized that no one is safe from US aggression.

Forget about one, Iran should be getting 400 nuclear weapons.

U.S. Air Force: Israel has 400 nukes, building naval force.

Oh, and Iran has actually signed the non-proliferation treaty.

edit on 16-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

*Cough*

North Korea.

*cough*

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Could be the goods are booby trapped with some type of virus or installed flaws.....?
Maybe Mossad is the shipper?
The Israelis are a tricky bunch,.....and they have NO loyalties to anybody but greater Israel........

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The reason for it not being reported in the US most likely has to do with the MSM providing cover for Obamas failures. Well that and Herr "Jay Carney" Goebbels. I am curious as to how all these scandals are going to affect the midterms.

The other fight starting deals with the CIA spying on Congress. Apparently Obamas administration knew about it. They have since gone down the road of executive privilege once again.

Senate-CIA dispute is a constitutional muddle

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by jdub297

Considering the number of US military bases surrounding them and the Israeli nuclear capabilities frankly I can't blame them. If I was in their position I'd be doing the same thing.

The US doesn't exactly have an impartial agenda in the ME and Israel's actions locally or globally cannot be causing anything but tension IMO.

"map adapted from www.juancole.com

Fail!
You've got to try harder!, if you seek to convincingly deceive.

Using a pro-Muslim "progressive's" blog-site as a "source?"
While you include imaginary US bases in Iraq, you neglect to show the Iranian strongholds in the Middle-East, armed and staffed by Iranian nationals. You exclude their affiliates and comrades in arms. You make up half of the "picture," and completely leave out the other.

How many of your "US bases" have threatened the destruction of Iran or its allies? How many of their sponsor countries? Zero!

Your example falls on its face.

deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You conveniently overlook the fact that it isn't the US that has barred Iran from developing nukes and delivery systems, but the UN.

Intentional deceit is so easy to see; you should try sticking to facts. The post was not about the US, but violation of UN standards.
Remember the UN, which created "non=proliferation" treaties and sanctions in the 1st place?

You would rather paint Israel and the US as demons, when the demons are actually deep inside your bias.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join