It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the ACA site to get an idea of my cost for affordable healthcare.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Danbones

pre existing contitions are covered?
Yes. That article is talking about pre-ACA plans. The ACA requires that pre-existing conditions be covered by new plans.

www.healthcare.gov...

The only exception is for grandfathered individual health insurance plans -- the kind you buy yourself, not through an employer. They do not have to cover pre-existing conditions.

If you have one of these plans you can switch to a Marketplace plan during open enrollment and immediately get coverage for your pre-existing conditions.

from the .gov link in the quote
ahh i see the confusion
the you can keep your plan thing, but not if...
thanks Phage

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Ao, medicaid is not available to anyone. If you are over the age of 18 and not disabled, pregnant, or have cancer you cannot receive medicaid. Medicare comes automatically with disability, but even the copay's will be covered if your income is low through medicaid.

Because I am listed as disabled, but no longer on disability and low income since I am re-entering the work force for the first time in 14 years I thought I might qualify for medicaid. So I went and applied as someone suggested that would be helpful to me because of my disability, and they turned me down and said because I went back to work full time I am no longer considered disabled by the state and I have to be disabled before medicaid would help me with medical expenses.

So .. only pregnant women and children - or the disabled (who cannot work at all). Other than that, no one else qualifies for medicaid... although in thinking they do have special programs for cancer patients as well... but that qualifies as a disability I believe at least during treatment.

edit on 19-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Pimpintology

So no, medicaid is not available to anyone.. only pregnant women and children - or the disabled. Other than that, no one else qualifies for medicaid... although in thinking they do have special programs for cancer patients as well... but that qualifies as a disability I believe at least during treatment.

Medicaid Expansion 2014

Effective January 1, 2014, Medicaid will be expanded to include individuals between the ages of 19 up to 65 (parents, and adults without dependent children) with incomes up to 138% FPL based on modified adjusted gross income. To get a very broad overview of Medicaid Expansion 2014 under the Affordable Care Act, watch the video to the right.

Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Ohhh... thats new. I will look into that. It's only been a year and a half since I was turned down, so I didn't think that would have changed any...

Thanks for the info.

And I did look into it, no expansions of the medicaid programs in my state...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hey Sarra, I just wanted to let you know that I posted this on my facebook page (3,500 friends), the white house facebook page, huffpo, CNN, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh facebook pages. I think you did us all a great service. It's been shared 39 times, and it's still going strong. Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Welcome. It is by state though. Hope yours has what you need.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Nope... of course not... lol

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
Having to pay out of pocket for over 10,000 worth of medical care each year before they will cover even one bill, on top of my paying out almost 700 a month for it... does me not one damn bit of good... at least with blue cross if I paid out the 860 a month all I had to pay were small copay's here and there. NOT so with Obamacare...

Honestly, I am not sure you have your numbers straight or you are letting ideology get in the way of saving money.

Just for giggles run your specifics through this calculator and let me know what you come up with.

kff.org...

And there are multiple options beyond just the 10k deductible?? What are your prices for other lower deductibles? Have you actually run your data on the ACA site? Or are you just going by what someone else has said?

As far as BCBS...who you are covered by now...they are the ones that administer the plans on much of the ACA site. It's still a BCBS policy, just at different...and often lower rates. Honestly..hate me all you want, hate the president all you want...but also look out for yourself and run your data on the link above to see about potential subsidies and run your data through ACA to see multiple options and multiple prices/deductibles...and you might find out you can save significant money. that has been the case with both neighbors and relatives I have helped do the same...all republicans. Still hold on to your political views...but at the same time make sure they aren't costing you money.

Your 860 or whatever a month just for yourself sounds outrageous to me. I have a 2k Deductible and insure myself, wife and both kids for less than that. I was at about 1200 pre ACA/Obamacare via BCBS..got the identical plan on HC dot Gov...no subsidies..for 840 a month and also still through BCBS..I just called BCBS up, told them the BCBS plan I was staring at on HC dot gov. and they swapped me out for the less expensive plan...same coverage.

My strong feeling is that you are either making up the numbers or you haven't looked into it...look into it...you are paying way too much.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join