It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diego Garcia “Island Paradise or Torture Chamber?”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
3200 kms from where they say the Malayan plane was....how much fuel did it have on board...
edit on PM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by robbeh

IMHO, the perimeters are way too narrow for those areas to be prisons. More likely, the center buildings
aren't guard towers but Mess hall/Rec facilities.

Any Ex Navy people out there been assigned to that forsaken little place?

I remember something about B52's being based there during Gulf War one.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Maybe it's a land-side secret training base for the Navy's secret space program. Perhaps some kind of space pre-battle school?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

It's hard to tell what the black buildings are but they way they're situated makes me wonder. They very well could be used to house munitions. Diego Garcia does have a history of being used for detaining suspects:

So what is the evidence that detainees from the 'war on terror' have been held on Diego Garcia? • Some form of American detention facility has existed on the island since at least 1983. • Barry McCaffrey, a retired four-star American general who is now professor of international security studies at West Point military academy, has twice spoken publicly about the use of Diego Garcia to detain suspects.

Is there a CIA base on Diego Garcia

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

CNN just reported that there was enough fuel for about 7 hours. Not sure many miles that would equate to. They are now looking in the Indian Ocean and that's where Diego Garcia is, and with it being a naval facility, I'm wondering if they'll be contributing to the search. Unless they're too busy interrogating terrorists.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Diego Garcia would theoretically be in range. It's just south of the Maldives. If I were to try to hijack the plane and hide it on Diego Garcia, though, I'd simply falsify the fuel records for the plane so that it's outside of the theoretical range of the aircraft. Pleople would automatically exclude it from any potential landing spot. The perfect cover.

Assuming the plane was fully fueled, then turned SSW before entering Vietnamese airspace, it would probably pass over the airspace that the Malaysian military said they saw it on radar, heading to it's now hidden spot on Diego Garcia. Once there, the US would have absolute privacy and a facility to extract any "stealth technology" information from the people onboard. After things calm down and there are fewer search vessels in the area, the dead passengers would be loaded back onto the plane, and it will be ditched somewhere off course to close the deal.

That's my first real ATS "conspiracy theory."

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Diego Garcia has a tremendous airstrip...big enough to land a 777 and more
edit on PM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

WatchingFromtheShadows
Diego Garcia looks a hell of a lot more hospitable from the air, compared to the view from the ground. I spent a little time there back in the 80's while serving in the Navy. It's a truly horrible duty station.

My buddy in the Navy wasn't very impressed with it. It was his least favorite stop on his tours.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I spent a year there in 82-83 and have been there quite a few times since. Back then it reminded me of Gilligan's Island, except with a whole bunch of alcohol. It does have some shelters that were made for B-2's. It also had a lot of weapons bunkers. I always enjoyed my time there for the most part, i've been to a lot worse.

This site has some cool stories and pics....

www.zianet.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Anyone know why it's called Diego Garcia when it's in the Indian Ocean? I would have thought an island with a name like that would be somewhere off the coast of Spain or Mexico?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

It has twin 12,000 foot parallel runways. I believe it definitely has something to do with the 777 disappearance, what, I can't say. As I posted several days ago about DG, the CIA has a presence there.

Wiki info: en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see, the last three letters are cia.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy

CNN just reported that there was enough fuel for about 7 hours. Not sure many miles that would equate to. They are now looking in the Indian Ocean and that's where Diego Garcia is, and with it being a naval facility, I'm wondering if they'll be contributing to the search. Unless they're too busy interrogating terrorists.

Two Iranians on board, with stolen passports. I checked, it's about 3880 miles from their last reported location to Iran. From Wikipedia about the Boeing 777: "a range of 5,235 to 9,380 nautical miles". And now they are searching the Indian Ocean.
edit on 13-3-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In my opinion the location of this island offers great strategic benefits to the US. Of course it would not be of great benefit to every nation's military, as it would depend on the location of the country. But considering how isolated the US mainland is from this part of the world, and the location of other US bases in friendly countries, there is no other location that could offer such strategic benefits. At least no other location that the US can put a base on.

As for whether it serves as a black site, it wouldn't surprise me. Such a location would allow the US intelligence community to operate off of foreign soil, away from prying eyes, and possible attack as well. It would take an actual military force to attack such an isolated base, which of course no one is going to do in the near future. Very interesting find by the way. I think I may have heard of this place before, but I cannot be certain.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
Anyone know why it's called Diego Garcia when it's in the Indian Ocean? I would have thought an island with a name like that would be somewhere off the coast of Spain or Mexico?

It's a toss up between who found it, the Portuguese or the Spanish. In the end the Spanish named it after the DEIGO GARCIA de Morguer, an explorer.

He participated in voyages of discovery with FERDINAND MAGELLAN
edit on AM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

WatchingFromtheShadows

That's my first real ATS "conspiracy theory."

Wow, that's like...losing your ATS virginity..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

FosterVS

Jennyfrenzy

Two Iranians on board, with stolen passports. I checked, it's about 3880 miles from their last reported location to Iran. From Wikipedia about the Boeing 777: "a range of 5,235 to 9,380 nautical miles". And now they are searching the Indian Ocean.
edit on 13-3-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

Forget the Iranians..they are surplus to requirements..Patsys that have kept the media amused and looking in the wrong direction.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well I guess I'll chime in. Diego is an awesome place to be deployed. I've been there a few times on 60 day tours. They house a tanker wing and a bomber wing, rotating from B-1's to B-52's with the occasional B-2 out there in there specially made hangers. The very first pic posted in the OP is nothing more than tent city for the USAF forces deployed there. The aircrew
stayed "downtown" in nicely renovated billeting on the beach. It truly is a beautiful place as you will see in some of my pics from there. They even have a little nine hole all par 3 golf course and range.

There is an area on the base that looks like it was used for prisoners but I wont go into detail about where it is or anything like that. I've also spotted COBRA BALL there a few times as well. The mission for the tankers was to either refuel the bombers going into or coming out of Afghanistan. We either took off with the bomber, flew about four hours north, dumped off all our gas to them and returned home. Or we would fly the four hours north, turn in front of the bomber coming south, offload gas, and watch those bastards fly with afterburners all the way back to the base!

Everything you could want is on the island. All cases of beer, no matter what kind, were 12 bucks. There was no drinking limit like in Qatar or other places. We weren't rationed. The island is naturally air conditioned with a daytime high between 80-85 and a nighttime low between 70-75 year around. It kicked ass for lack of a better word. But enough talking, here's some pics...

Flightline with KC-135's, B-1's and you can see the B-2 shelters in the backround.

B-1 taking off with tanker right behind

Fishing dock

Beach

From the boom pod. The "Footprint of the Ocean"

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

It is definitely an interesting place. I wonder if Diego Garcia is contributing to the search of MH370?

Ha! No, they're not contributing to the search, they're most likely the final destination of the 'lost plane'.
A secret landing?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Typically the CIA torture sites have been in civilian locations. The idea is to provide plausible deniability.

nothing to see here

If you look at all the planes used in transporting prisoners, almost all were on civilian aircraft. The USAF did one rendition transport.

Diego Garcia is too well known as a military base for plausible deniability.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
So a group of terrorists hijack a Malaysian airliner and fly it to Diego Garcia. Once there, the plan is to use the hostages as a prisoner exchange to try and free a bunch of detainees. Part of their demands involves refueling the plane, and allowing them to fly to a non-extradition country(Somalia?). I suppose it could work, assuming the passengers don't attempt to re-take the aircraft along the way...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join