It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diego Garcia “Island Paradise or Torture Chamber?”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
With all the speculation around MH370, Diego Garcia has been in the news again. This article explains the origins of the islands name, oh and speculation that terrorists are allegedly held on the remote island.

The island - named after 16th century Spanish explorer Diego Garcia de Moguer - gained some notoriety in the past 10 years after reports claimed that the U.S. used Diego Garcia to transport and detain alleged terrorists.

Source

It really is beautiful..

Another article speculating that pilot Shah practiced landing on the island. Wonder if this was just something he enjoyed doing or if something more sinister is going on with this captain. Hope the mystery of MH370 is solved soon...

Police are urgently investigating whether Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, the pilot of the flight, had practiced landing at the runway on the island, which is long enough to land a Boeing 777.

Link

Couple more pics of Diego Garcia

photos of Diego Garcia

edit on 20-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: Add

edit on 20-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Just throwing this out there for even more speculation ---

There's 4 really smart chinese guys with a very high teck patent that if they die - goes to the JPMorgan bank ---

The chinese have bases in the Maldives ---

Kind of puts an end to the false "war mongering" WW3 scenario with the russians and chinese if the banksters are all calling the shots and getting all the rewards....

Did anyone see the ridiculous o'rielly program this evening with the NTSB guy saying "if the plane was remotely controlled....." and o'rielly coming unglued saying "that's not even possible.... you can't remotely control an airplane that big......

I believe all the regular citizens in the world have been and are continually being played by the "elite".

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

NightFlight
reply to post by andy1972

As you can see, the last three letters are cia.

So, like hey man, Jerry was in on it the whole time man??

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's terrible that such a beautiful piece of earth has so many atrocities, alleged or verifiable, associated to it.

I can not imagine all the emotions the Chagossians must be feeling, to be kicked out of their homeland. Never allowed to show their children the place they were born, buried their dead and had so many memories. This isn't the first time something like this has occurred and it won't be the last, it still makes me sick.

They lived there for five generations until the early 1970s when the archipelago was excised from Mauritius by the United Kingdom. The Chagossians were evicted and the archipelago now forms part of the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT).

Source

Abandoned plantation

Will they return

Marine reserve

Marine reserve

The British Foreign Office is to ‘neutrally’ examine options and risks involved in re-establishing the Chagossian community on the Indian Ocean archipelago Since Britain established the archipelago as the world’s largest marine reserve in 2010, it is illegal to fish there — except for the U.S. military who have been allowed to catch about 50 tonnes of fish for sport.

Source

So a group of TPTB sat around and discussed how they can ensure the native people won't return to the islands. Let's establish marine reserve!

It's disgusting that the Chagossians were not only kicked out of their native lands but then the British establish the area as a marine reserve, effectively outlawing fishing. If the Chagossians are allowed to return to their homeland will they be able to fish? If no what will they eat?

The setting up of the reserve by the then-foreign secretary David Miliband was widely interpreted as an attempt to prevent any resettlement by the evicted Chagossians.

Source

Even if the Chagossians won the legal right to return, they might be unable to live on the islands if they were not allowed to fish.

Source

The British government established the marine reserve to make the path for the Chagossians to return home extremely difficult. Then they establish a "neutral" committee to examine the options of the Chagossians to return and they expect us to buy it? I have serious doubts regarding to neutrality of that committee.

All in all, more despicable behavior.

From the islanders’ point of view, this decision by the FCO was more of the same. Unfeasible and uneconomic resettlement suited the FCO nicely. Yes, we moved you unlawfully 30 years ago, but you have to stay where you are because we now say it is impractical to move you back. The FCO countered – it is unfeasible, the islands need significant investment in infrastructure and employment (which the Chagossians could not provide from their own resources), and our consultants who carried out the review agree with us.

Source

When we Chagossians lived on our islands, the seas and lagoons were pristine. When the Americans arrived, they caused massive environmental degradation, including bulldozing our villages and flattening graveyards. To create building materials, they started dynamiting the lagoon of Diego Garcia, killing fish and destroying large areas of coral reef. For many years we have been pressing BIOT to conduct an environmental audit of the effects of the US occupation. This has been consistently refused, with the explanation that the impact of the occupation is minimal. We can now see that throughout this period there have been no controls on the pollution. We are the real guardians of our homeland. Until we are allowed to return, we think that this degradation is bound to be permitted to continue.

Source

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

why would they refuel there ?, seems an awful long way out to bomb iraq, surely they would have just flew in from italy or turkey ?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

there are 52's and B2's on the pictures on google earth, they wont really need fences up, where are they going to go if they escape ?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

7 hours of fuel, max speed at 35000 is 590mph, so about 4200 miles, DG is about 2200 miles away, easy enough there and almost all the way back if required

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I spent 1979 there. Literally. Day for day. I lived over in MOD-45, across from the theater. I prefered living in a hut on the beach but they made me move. I drank a lot while i was there. I had a great tan. the food at the chow hall was pretty good most of the time (Korean Era Cold Cuts? Yummy.. I drank a lot while i was there. ship off load was always fun, they had devil rays in the lagoon that would stick out 3 feet on each side of the mike boats! great fishing. they would bring mules that were sick or injured to stay in our compound because we had a fenced in building. hector was still alive while i was there. i woked at a place called "C" site. When I was there, it was a pretty sleepy place and we only occaisonally got visitors. It is part of a place called the "British Indian Ocean Territory". The plantation side was off-limits excpet by permit. the whole place could be taken out with a small tsunami. i think the "BLACK BUILDINGS" you refer to in your photos may be milvans. it looks pretty close to harbor ops but I can't be sure. all i know, it's NOT WORTH the plane ride to visit, if you DON"T have to go there on purpose !

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

weemadmental
reply to post by alldaylong

why would they refuel there ?, seems an awful long way out to bomb iraq, surely they would have just flew in from italy or turkey ?

They weren't bombing Iraq from there, just Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

tencap77
i woked at a place called "C" site. When I was there, it was a pretty sleepy place and we only occaisonally got visitors. It is part of a place called the "British Indian Ocean Territory". The plantation side was off-limits excpet by permit. the whole place could be taken out with a small tsunami. i think the "BLACK BUILDINGS" you refer to in your photos may be milvans. it looks pretty close to harbor ops but I can't be sure. all i know, it's NOT WORTH the plane ride to visit, if you DON"T have to go there on purpose !

I was a "C" site in 82-83. I lived in "Splinterville", 12 guys to a hut, eventually renamed "Splendidville" though it wasn't very splendid. The Filipino's there had a really good chow hall though. The regular chow hall was open something like 20 hrs a day. If i remember right, the highest point on the island was the pool, i think it was 5ft above sea level? I had a bicycle while i was there, handed down from a guy who transferred, went all over the place. The free movie theaters, cheap alcohol, awesome fishing, actually had a lot of fun there!

It's mostly civilian contractors there now, TCN's and Americans. G4S Parsons is the current BOSS contractor, last i heard.
edit on 29-3-2014 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

what a great post! Thank you for sharing!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So this British owned, American run island is being used for torture?
Like an island Guantanamo? Is this a suprise?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

England seems to make a habit of this....Palestine * cough *

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Diego Garcia played minor league ball..........never in black buildings with guard towers.

www.baseball-reference.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I've spent a lot of time on Diego Garcia. Yes, it is true that it is a forward logistical and supply base. Several maritime pre-positioning ships are anchored there.

The "black buildings with guard towers" are maintenance and storage shacks. You'd think that a secret CIA black ops site wouldn't be so obvious to paint their buildings evil black would you?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I beleive this base is home to the Majority of the US's Stealth planes and B52s, It's position gives the UK/US a stronghold over the likes of Afghanistan etc. I beleive that this is where the body of bin laden was taken, I never believed it was thrown overboard, it's probably still in a freezer somewhere on US soil now,

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevbrownuk
I beleive this base is home to the Majority of the US's Stealth planes and B52s, It's position gives the UK/US a stronghold over the likes of Afghanistan etc. I beleive that this is where the body of bin laden was taken, I never believed it was thrown overboard, it's probably still in a freezer somewhere on US soil now,

They don't store stealths there that much. In fact, out of the four or five deployments I had there, I saw a B-2 once. The hangers for the B-2 are always guarded when they are full, so you can always tell if they are there or not. The CIA detention center is visible on google earth if you know where to look but it wasn't a site that was constantly manned. They flew them in for interrogation and flew them out. They never stayed long.

Oh and in response to a previous post, the B-1s and B-52s flew 17-20 hour missions out of DG on a daily basis. The tankers flew either 6:30 or 8 hours. When we refueled the B-1 coming back from the AOR, as soon as they got a 1,000 feet of separation you could see them light the afterburners and head home while we flew butt slow on fumes. :lol

Also, it's the only time I've ever seen a B-1 do a barrel roll as well!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

The B-1 does a barrel roll when at the Edwards AFB open house. I don't recall seeing that done at other airshows.

The CIA admitted refueling on Dieogo Garcia with rendering subjects on the plane. Poor trade craft, but not imbecile. Supposedly a report will come out saying the CIA used DIego Garcia for interrogation related to Ghadaffi, not for Al Qaeda. This is lousy tradecraft and heads should roll if true. Of course it could just be rumored.

A black site by definition means you have plausible deniability. A freakin' military base means your fingerprints are over everything.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join