It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader kills self in finance world’s latest suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Trader kills self in finance world’s latest suicide

A Manhattan trader was killed Tuesday morning by a speeding Long Island Rail Road commuter train, marking at least the seventh suicide of a financial professional this year.

Edmund (Eddie) Reilly, 47, a trader at Midtown’s Vertical Group, jumped in front of an LIRR train at 6 a.m. near the Syosset train station.

He was declared dead at the scene.

Reilly’s identity was confirmed by Salvatore Arena, an LIRR spokesperson, who said an investigation into the incident was continuing.

Passengers on the west-bound express train told MTA investigators they saw a man standing by the tracks before he jumped in front of the train, Arena said.

Click link for remainder of episode.

Mods - searched and found noting under title / persons name.

What the hell is going on?

Has this always been the norm and we are just seeing it being reported more often or?

ATS - GoShredAK lists the ATS banker susicide threads below / or click this link
edit on 13-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't know.

But like a friend says. These guys are under alot of stress. Being down a million dollars on a trade doesn't make for a restful night.

And it probably doesn't help that some of your customers are from Russia. And the money may not be entirely legally gained. And they aren't so forgiving if you lose their money.

Maybe someone helped him on that last step.
edit on 13-3-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Fair point...

It just seems out of place. I would have thought that these financial guys would have been like lemmings going off the rooftop when the economy tanked back in the day. With the world economy somewhat improving it just doesn't seem to fit. Im curious if all of these bankers have anything else in common aside from being in the financial industry and all committing suicide.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Suicide? Yeah cause that's how I'd do it too, death by speeding train...
Come on, there has to be more to this. Unless this guy just had big brass cajones.
Sketchy, at best.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
These people knew something about the financial world that is wrong. It's unfortunate they didn't tell anyone what is going on.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Restricted
These people knew something about the financial world that is wrong. It's unfortunate they didn't tell anyone what is going on.

JohnTheSmith

Come on, there has to be more to this. Unless this guy just had big brass cajones.
Sketchy, at best.

That is assuming they all committed suicide. Falls / jumps / leaps aren't always caused by the person who died as a result.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Why would someone kill them? They worked for places all over the world.

Well, maybe they all got an email someone didn't want leaked.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Geez....I thought this would make it 9?

So what about the passengers who said they saw the man leap in front of the train?

Wouldn't that rule out foul play?

I used to work for the railroad, definitely a ballsy way to off yourself. You would have to be completely freakin lost insane depressed I would think.

Maybe the pusher was cloaked!?

Just kidding

.....mabye
edit on 13-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Lack of coffee apparent

edit on 13-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Now too much coffee

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I could have sworn that the list was higher than eight.

It's definitely intriguing to speculate upon that something nefarious is heading our way with all these deaths so close together.

But maybe it's something as simple as they were being fired or facing a trial over misconduct.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

JohnTheSmith

Sketchy, at best.

A lot of people have committed suicide by jumping in from of fast moving trains, it's not unusual. But I agree, if you have the cajones to stand in front of a speeding train, you got the cajones to live another day.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

One of the previous guys shot himself over 14 times in the head with a nail gun if I recall correctly (so they seem pretty determined)...would be great if they did some sort of "dead bed" confession first.

Maybe they are keeping quiet because they are trying to protect their family's from harm too..maybe its just coincidence, maybe not :/
edit on 13-3-2014 by Zenem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenem

One of the previous guys shot himself over 14 times in the head with a nail gun

Yep I remember that guy. I think he may have started in the torso and moved his way up to the head.

Which I'm utterly convinced was not a suicide.

Strange stuff happens...but I mean come on, really? suicide by nail gun? Sounds like a bad joke to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

GoShredAK

Strange stuff happens...but I mean come on, really? suicide by nail gun? Sounds like a bad joke to me.

Yeah, I would think that would be an awful way to go. Especially under your own hand.

I was unaware that there was a current spike in deaths like these, any links?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

Heres just a few, the 5th link down is the infamous nail gun.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Make list more complete

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Tried to find the statistics for suicide rates in the financial sectors. Could find that, but found that suicide rates jumped by 300 people a year for the us and uk starting in 09 after the collapse. Just thought it was interesting :p

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Restricted

JohnTheSmith

Sketchy, at best.

That is assuming they all committed suicide. Falls / jumps / leaps aren't always caused by the person who died as a result.

More than a couple of these looked like 'assisted' suicide.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

JohnTheSmith

Sketchy, at best.

You would be surprised. I knew someone who drove a bus, someone jumped out in front of his bus with a note in his pocket. It happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yeah yeah, suicide by train! Suicided I concur with, certainly not willing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Restricted

Why would someone kill them? They worked for places all over the world.

Well, maybe they all got an email someone didn't want leaked.

One possibility on the conspiracy front could b -

They were somehow all linked in on a scam?
Someone may have used these peoples names / position / information without them knowing it. Start funneling cash out of accounts and when done they make it look like a suicide. Any investigation into the fraud would link back to the dead employee. Chances are that would be where any investigation would end.

The one factor to consider is how this is reported. Its entirely possible that people are not putting 2 and 2 together. Just because we are seeing these reports does not mean other countries are seeing it, especially with suicide. There would be no real need to share the investigative info with other countries / groups.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

ArtemisE
Tried to find the statistics for suicide rates in the financial sectors. Could find that, but found that suicide rates jumped by 300 people a year for the us and uk starting in 09 after the collapse. Just thought it was interesting :p

On the conspiracy front that is very interesting information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join