It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un wins 100% support in DPRK’s Parliamentary Election

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
[snip]
edit on 12-3-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
[snip]

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
[snip]

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I honestly don't think China would back NoKo.

They'd make polite noises to that effect, but they know that they'd be better without that festering boil on their north-eastern border.

Not to mention, they, in no way, want to alienate major trade partners, and they have their own problems percolating away internally.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Starsandstripes

Nolimits
I'm a "sovereigntist" too, in that I believe North Korea's sovereignty should be violated by a massive international military force, the North Korean military should be decimated where it stands, and the entire Kim family and all their dronelike enforcers should be publicly executed for their crimes against humanity.

COME AT ME BRO!

Gladly. We'll just have to be so quick about it you don't have time to use your already beleaguered civilians as human shields.

Your military is like a museum for all the useless soviet tech even the poorest of stable countries would cast aside. Challenger 2 tanks would make mincemeat out of your Soviet rustbuckets before they even knew where the enemy was.

As for your "nukes", they can be taken out as they launch, by an overwhelming naval force off of both sides of your coast.

As for the chinese, they either play ball, or the west will simply close as a market for their mass produced tat. See how long their economy lasts when the richest nations refuse to buy their products.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

That's true, but i don't think North Korea is something they can just 'drop' if you know what i mean. I think they enjoy having that buffer between them and South Korea/USA. I also think that they will not like having a whole bunch of asylum seekers running over their border. I also recall China having signed a treaty with them...

I think it will be something which can only be decided in the heat of the moment.

It's a difficult thing to predict, but if history were to repeat itself, it should dictate that China could remain an ally of North Korea while still trading with the West, even if war were to break out...but it again depends on specific circumstances.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Starsandstripes

You still have not responded to my earlier query. As proof that their media is so controlled, they claimed that Kim Jung Un won all the Winter Olympics competitions and claimed gold in them all... Single handedly... For the eighth time on this thread will you please answer my genuine question.

Do you believe he did this? If not, why did he tell his people this?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Bravo Kim Jong Un !!

Democracy has prevailed !!

A clear and honest total sweep !!

100% means 100% of his people love him !!!

Hurray for the Supreme Leader !!!

Oh wait...

North Korean leaders employ murder, torture, slavery, sexual violence, mass starvation and other abuses as tools to prop up the state and terrorize "the population into submission," the United Nations Commission of Inquiry on Human Rights (COI) in North Korea said in its report

www.cnn.com...

www.ohchr.org...

Way to go, Little Kim...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nolimits

Don't be so eager to go to war, my friend.

Yes, NoKo is a festering boil that needs lancing. There is no disputing that.

The loss of life, both in NoKo and in the south, possibly Japan and China could be staggering. If NoKo has nukes, and a delivery system, and how hard would it be to make primitive atomic artillery shells, what could the loss of life be?

As horrific as the life in NoKo is, where there's life there is the hope, however slim, that things will change. Li'l Kim won't live forever, and maybe, just maybe, things will change for the better.

Once upon a time, we thought that Aparthied would never die. It did. Jim Crow in the United States died, too.

Maybe it'll take blood to do it... In fact it probably will. But let's not be too enthusiastic to start.

I watched a young man I knew from when he was six brought home from the mountains of Afghanistan, and I'm in no hurry to repeat the experience again, only from the mountains of Korea. I have friends living in Seoul that I'd just as soon see again sometime in the future... Y'know?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join