It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the cellphones of missing Malaysian Airlines passengers still ringing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Isn't it odd that it is a QQ account? Just saying, that is pretty must a troll phrase on the internet.

I don't know how QQ works, but skype can can online on your home computer and your phone. Same with ipods and ipads.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

FyreByrd
reply to post by westcoast

EMF Pulse. Only thing (other then aliens) that makes any sense to me.....

So...that would explain it if terrorists could manage to get the one ton piece of electronic equipment on the plane and set it off (using what for a power source....dunno). Or perhaps they could set off their handy dandy acme pocket nuke outside the plane?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is no phones ringing dammit!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

ispyed
The reason that some phones ring even though they are unreachable or turned off is because the ringing is done by the exchange NOT the phone. Don't know why some phone systems work like this but some do in Asia.

Very good. I could go in great detail on how phone systems work but the bottom line is that the ring-back that you hear when you make a call is being generated from the switch and not from the phone. what is happening is that you make the call and the "system" will give you a ringing tone while it goes through all the routines it uses to find the destination. After a bit it should time out and report back that the number you dialed could not be reached and ask if your want to leave a message. The messages are stored at the service providers switch not the phone. Bottom line if the phone is totally gone you get these exact symptoms. Also these same symptoms will appear if there is no cell tower that reach the phone (no bars).

I think the plane is in the jungles of Vietnam. Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Is funny that people have so many different types of ring tones and yet you pretty much hear the same one whenever you phone someone, its as is the ringing you hear isnt coming from the phone, but elsewhere.

Some people really worry me - the phone is ringing, everyone be quiet, perhaps we can find this jet....

Its certainly a bizzare situation - if it were in a jungle, the transponder on the flight recorder would probably be working, which means its probably underwater, but why no mayday or large floating debris....

Perhaps the plane went upwards and escaped gravity....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Aliens ? Government project ?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There is so much rubbish information about I will wait till the facts are found.
1/ A large passenger plain has been lost.
2/ None of its emergency equipment seems to be working.
3/ No crash sight has been found
4/ The part of the world where it has been lost not the most advanced

That seems to me to be all the facts that seem clear, I wait for more information

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

Please go into more detail like you said. Because that´s not how it works. The ring signal, this is standard, is only produced by the routing system AFTER routing has happened. If routing failed, you would get the blocked-tone or some text message. Ringing only occurs if both phone are ready and waiting for the receiver to pick up.

However, in situations where the cellphone did not log off correctly, meaning there is no actual towerlist to rout the signal, there is a timeout while the signal is broadcasted over the last known celltowers. If the phone does not answer after the timeout runs out, your connection is not established and in this period of time, you are able to hear the normal ringing tone, mostly only one time. Some providers change the settings in areas where power cuts are prone. However, actual routing happens before you hear any tone at all.

If you pick up a normal telephone you get so called freesign/tone.
If you type in numbers you can hear them being transmitted as DTMF tones and this is when the routing occurs. If you type to slow If this tone is present, you can call it. The ringing you hear on your phone is generated by the routing system of your provider BUT will only occur if your phone is "on-line"

Routing is done while you type in the number if you are already "on line" or initiated after you typed the whole number and press dial. The signals you hear while you type a number are tones that represent the numbers. Mobile type routers inherited this from their preceding old brothers

edit on 12-3-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
4 8 15 16 23 42

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If the cell phones are ringing, why can't they ping the single and pin point the general area that they are in?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I travel internationally often and regularly. Very often, when calling a cell phone while internationally roaming, the phone will ring and ring but never connects regardless whether it is on or in coverage.

Given the most optimistic estimates for battery life, none of the phones would still be working.

(Unless you want to assume that the phones have been plugged into recharge, yet no one is bothering to answer them. What scenario do you contemplate that being possible?)
edit on 12-3-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
whoopsss...
edit on 12-3-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Yup. That's my working theory on this one as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think its BS that that they have not tracked one person’s mobile device, I am sure family members have thrown out the idea and offered the numbers & mobile carries of loved ones. I would find it hard to believe that with 200+ people not one had it enabled.

We might not get the exact location it’s been 4 days batteries are dead now, but we will get the last time and location of data packet transfer before battery depletion or water logged.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yahoo Spain reports that the phones of the passengers are STILL WORKING...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Plane disappeared...off the radar completely...phones still ringing...now they are saying that the plane took a DRASTIC route change and is on the radar somewhere else??

Like I said in the beginning of this: BERMUDA TRIANGLE.

Seriously, I was reading about how the recent changes in our magnetic grid /poles have shifted, and either the Bermuda Triangle has shifted eastward or this is a new portal/ "star gate" all together.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
take the battery out of your cell phone. (if you can otherwise turn it off)

take another phone call it.

It will ring for the one who is calling if no voice mail service is on the line.

Try it yourself.
edit on 12-3-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
take the battery out of your cell phone. (if you can otherwise turn it off)

take another phone call it.

It will ring for the one who is calling if no voice mail service is on the line.

Try it yourself.

You try and ring a phone in Spain that has no battery or no cover and it doesn't ring..automatically jumps to the message "The number you are ringing is switched off or doesnt have cover"..doesnt ring even ONCE..

And in China famliies of the missing have said their phones HAVE CONNECTED to the Chinese messenger service QQ. likes whatsapp.
edit on PM3Wed20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Think about that, today's cellphone batteries last less than one day.. it's been 4 days today and their cellphone are still on??
edit on 12 3 2014 by Nitzz321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

So after two or three days if the passengers of the plane still have ringing phones it means that they are charging the phones?
Because by then the phones should be dead or at least one.

Kidnapping people in a plane takes a skill called attention to detail, so forgetting to discard or "taking care" of the cell phone problem sounds kind of off for a kidnapping.

I guess it depends on the carrier of the phone? If you have a pay card or not?

That is the reasoning I heard on the radio this morning from a technology expert consultant. On the radio station 98.5 FM in quebec owned by Cogeco nouvelles.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join