It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Similarities between Hitler and Putin, and the buildup in Crimea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Some asked me to do this, so I have chosen to do so, at this time. The similarities between Adolf Hitler, and the buildup to WW2 are there for all to see. I will go into as much detail as I can, but I will admit that I am not a college educated historian. I merely have an interest in history in general, and military history (WW2), in particular.

Elimination of political enemies - Adolf Hitler committed himself to removing all opposition, and this culminated in the Night of the Long Knives. The following were targeted, and killed: Gregor Strasser, and many Strasserist leaders. Former Chancellor Kurt von Schleicher, and Gustav Ritter von Kahr were both vehement anti-Nazis. Ernst Rohm, leader of the SA, who had garnered too much popularity for Hitler to allow him to live. Other SA leaders were also killed. 85 are known, but the real number is thought to be much higher.

It was in his first term that Putin targeted political enemies, and chose the popular way to deal with dissidents these days...suicided. Boris Berezovsky, and Alexander Litvinenko come to mind. Maybe you have heard of Anna Politkovskya? Others were exiled or imprisoned, and thus rendered ineffective, like Mikhail Khodorkovsky, and Vladimir Gusinsky.

Rise of the police state - Adolf Hitler was well known for keeping his power by using the police, specifically both the SA, and SS, as well as the Gestapo to root out dissension, and outright murder enemies of the state. These various organizations were also bolstered by key appointments early on in Hitler's reign: Wilhelm Frick, as Minister of Interior, and Hermann Goering as Minister of Prussia. These two appointments gave Hitler total control of the regular German police, throughout the entire country.

Vladimir Putin may have decreased the overall number of police, but he also federalized them. This is key, and closely links him to exactly what Hitler had done. No longer were the police (formerly called militsiya, now called politsiya) payed by city, or region. Now, they are basically payed directly by Putin, and the Russian government. What better way to control a group of people, than to control their pocket book?

He also took the 89 federal subjects of Russia (akin to states, or regions), and turned them into 7 federal districts. Formerly elected by popular vote, the leadership of these new districts are chosen by Vladimir Putin himself.

Military Industrial Complex Hitler withdrew Germany from both the League of Nations, and the World Disarmament Conference, in October 1933. From that point onward, Germany saw a surge in employment, and military production. The two are obviously linked, as most of the people who had once been unemployed, were put to work building bullets, bombs, rifles, tanks, planes, submarines, and warships. It was also bolstered by massive infrastructure improvement programs, all over Germany.

Putin has also increased his own military, and thereby improved conditions within Russia. In 2005, he consolidated most of the main aircraft producing companies into the United Aircraft Corporation. The United Shipbuilding Corporation was created in 2007, and did the same for Russia's naval shipbuilders. The Rosatom State Atomic Energy Corporation was also created to improve, and build new nuclear power facilities throughout Russia. So too, did the Russian Nanotechnology Corporation come to exist, in 2007, to promote the high tech industries of Russia. All under Putin's control

The military has received massive new funding, especially the ground troops. Most divisions weren't even at full strength, and thus the changeover to a brigade structure was started. Even though the overall number of military personnel is lower, it is more streamlined, and more modern. It is also better equipped. Officer training was reduced, but centralized. Again, all of this centralization should be a massive alarm for people...it's now easier for Putin to control every aspect of Russian foreign, and domestic policy.

So, with a revitalized military, and industry, and people happy and working, both men now seek to see what they can get away with on the world stage. Hitler's Anschluss (the annexation of Austria), and the re-occupation of the Sudetenland are direct parallels with Putin's annexation (and it can be called nothing other than that) of Crimea. The real question is will he re-occupy the Ukraine, as Hitler re-occupied the Sudetenland. Both actions would be startlingly similar, and involve a country that has come under the influence of another (Austria to Germany, Crimea to Russia), and territory that has been taken from another, and regained (Sudetenland to Germany, Ukraine to Russia).

Other interesting tidbits are the Olympics. Germany held one in 1936, right before WW2. Putin held one at Sochi, right before the Crimean invasion. Another would be key treaties with countries to bolster defenses (Tripartite Pact/Russian-Chinese alliance, aiding Syria, and Iran, etc.). Russia's alliance with China provides a vast area of it's own land that it doesn't have to worry about. Don't believe what China says about the Ukraine, believe what they do...which is nothing. China wants to do the same thing in Asia, trust me.

I'm sure others can post more, or disagree with me, as well. I welcome the knowledge that my fellow ATS members can give me. Thank you for your time.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I find when comparisons to Hitler start getting thrown around, that the topic has devolved into propaganda.

Putin is nowhere near Hitler, just like Obama is not the Antichrist.

Less rhetoric and hyperbole is needed, not more.

Id argue the same lens could be turned on POST 911 US with disturbing results.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

benrl
I find when comparisons to Hitler start getting thrown around, that the topic has devolved into propaganda.

I am not so quick to dismiss this comparison, especially when the specific continuities are itemized.

The only thing that bothers me is that Hillary also believes it but, stranger things have happened.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
He may have done some things like Hitler, like a lot of leaders have done, Putin has not killed 6 million jews, Homosexuals plus anyone else he didn't want around AND tried to conquer/Flatten half of Europe, that is what Hitler is mainly disliked for.
edit on 31pm33pmMon, 10 Mar 2014 15:38:12 -050031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

greencmp

benrl

I am not so quick to dismiss this comparison, especially when the specific continuities are itemized.

The only thing that bothers me is that Hillary also believes it but, stranger things have happened.

Im still trying to figure out why the US seems to be so concerned about a non-nato country...

Syria, I get, Turkey could get flack, at least the concern could be thinly veiled.

All theses war drums, all the media coverage, dunno, makes me think theres some economic woes a good ole cold war spat with russia could cure...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Already being discussed. ATS

Now, the same issue is happening in the US, for the last 10 years, and no one bats an eyelid. Ask the americans about eroded liberties and less-than-clean politicians. Comparing Bush-Obama with hitler would be fair aswell.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Taggart
He may have done some things like Hitler, like a lot of leaders have done, Putin has not killed 6 million jews, Homosexuals plus anyone else he didn't want around AND tried to conquer/Flatten half of Europe, that is what Hitler is mainly disliked for.
edit on 31pm33pmMon, 10 Mar 2014 15:38:12 -050031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

Putin's only starting, when Hitler annexed Austria and Sudentenland, he has not killed a million jews yet. Russia i gather seems hell bent against homosexuals too so there really seems to be similarity. Before, it was Hitler drooling at Eastern Europe and Japan salivating on east and south east asian countries. It does look like it's going to be Russia and China's turn now to start another world war, Russia invading east europe and China returning back the favor to Japan and at the same time gobbling all the other smaller countries within its vicinity, i'm just wondering if China will also do a pearl harbor attack on one of the US islands in the Pacific too.

Yep, history does looks like is repeating.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When ever Hitler comes into the Picture the debate has already been lost , same goes with propaganda war ... everything they say just reeks of Hypocrisy that they are going back to the old tactics...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

marhaba

Taggart

Putin's only starting, when Hitler annexed Austria and Sudentenland, he has not killed a million jews yet. Russia i gather seems hell bent against homosexuals too so there really seems to be similarity. Before, it was Hitler drooling at Eastern Europe and Japan salivating on east and south east asian countries. It does look like it's going to be Russia and China's turn now to start another world war, Russia invading east europe and China returning back the favor to Japan and at the same time gobbling all the other smaller countries within its vicinity, i'm just wondering if China will also do a pearl harbor attack on one of the US islands in the Pacific too.

Yep, history does looks like is repeating.

I,d say Hitler and Stalin would be quiet Jealous of what American Democracy has achieved in the middle east , lets not forget millions and millions of American Indians who got wiped out to near extinction ...Seriously... this is getting old , try something new for propaganda ...
edit on 10-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
But the only difference WW2 and now is that Putin has nuclear weapons and so does USA and some European countries. Because of this direct parallels cannot be drawn between Hitler and Putin.
Maybe Putin is copying Hitlers tactic, but thats all.
edit on 10/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Is this all because the Russian Federation had successful Olympic without any drama and ohh Mr. Putin and most of the Russians citizens are against the homosexuality.. right…?

On the foot note.. Hitler didn’t persecuting Jews because of their religion.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Any student of history... Any real student of history would know one thing.

Hitler, and the Nazis fell because of the Russians.

The comparison is vulgar to the losses the Russians faced during the war.

They fought more Nazi's than the allies combined, they are what broke the Nazi war machine.

The Cold war Propaganda was just that, The Russians and Putin are just people, and no more "Evil" than the US government...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Taggart

A few years from now, in hind sight; this post will echo across the scars of the dead.

With what is about to take place over the Earth, what Hitler did "Flattening half of Europe" would be considered minor.

It is not about Ukraine, it is about the global economy collapsing before your very eyes.

"money = power"

What happens when money = 0?

POWER = POWER

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

ElohimJD

Taggart

A few years from now, in hind sight; this post will echo across the scars of the dead.

With what is about to take place over the Earth, what Hitler did "Flattening half of Europe" would be considered minor.

It is not about Ukraine, it is about the global economy collapsing before your very eyes.

"money = power"

POWER = POWER

God Bless,

Why? its not like the US went conquering other nations after the Afghan war...

Oh wait.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

I believe you are correct. Putin's actions are a prelude to WW3.

The most important consequence of Putin's act will be the final consolidation of europe into a financial and military superpower.
Europe has no choice now but to unite into a single entity with a single purpose. Survival.

As europe is a hugh energy customer of russia, and Putin has shown his willingness to turn off the energy taps to force his will, europe must have a secure energy source from elsewhere. Europe must and will become much more proactive in middle east affairs, and because of the extreme unrest in the middle east, a german led E.U. will be forced to take military action to secure its middle east energy supplies.

This E.U. invasion of the M.E. will be with the help of Israel and other anti Iranian mid east countries.

This E.U. defeat of Iran and her proxies and subsequent control of the M.E. oil supplies will infuriate the russians who have extensive intersets in the area.

I believe the russians possilby allied with china will then advance towards the middle east through europe, thus starting WW3.

And where is the U.S. in all of this.

The U.S. has effectively withdrawn from europe and the M.E. preferring to concentrate on containing China, meanwhile having taken their eye of the ball in the M.E.

The U.S. is increasingly seen for what it is these days; a waining superpower who has lost the pride in her power and her willingness to project that power. The belligerents of the world are treating the U.S. as an irrelivance. And what is the U.S. response. Nothing.

Because of the U.S. weak response and empty threats, the rising european superpower, russia and china will fight for control of the world.

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Taggart

Also Putin's country is under attack from all types of encroachments and designs behind the scenes.

Hitler's Germany was on the offensive.

Everyone should take notes here..................

All roads to Tehran, Iran go through Damascus, Syria.

All roads to Moscow go through Kiev.

Ukraine empowered today will facilitate problems being created in Russia's south Caucasus. Attempts were made to do the same via Iran but Russian efforts/support in Syria blunted the encroachment on Iran.

New Cold War? Yes very much so.

NATO vrs SCO (Russia, China, CSTO, Iran, Pakistan, India, several Middle East. Long shot can also be Saudi Arabia and Egypt).

With major SCO economies not under debt and in free market mechanism, it will be NATO nations that will be under pressure.

Too bad, NATO called for it in the first place.
edit on 10-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

ElohimJD

Taggart

"money = power"

POWER = POWER

God Bless,

Are you psychic?

Until Putin reaches Hitler levels he really cannot be compared to Hitler,
it really is that simple.

USA and UK have more to answer to than Putin does.

The outrage to what Putin is doing is full of hypocrisy.

Why not add in he is vegetarian and loves dogs?

edit on 31pm44pmMon, 10 Mar 2014 16:53:46 -050031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

benrl
reply to post by asen_y2k

Any student of history... Any real student of history would know one thing.

Hitler, and the Nazis fell because of the Russians.

The comparison is vulgar to the losses the Russians faced during the war.

They fought more Nazi's than the allies combined, they are what broke the Nazi war machine.

The Cold war Propaganda was just that, The Russians and Putin are just people, and no more "Evil" than the US government...

it is very important that we remember the war correctly. If the UK and the USA didn't oppose Hitler, the USSR would have been toast.

The propaganda that the USSR did all the heavy lifting is true in only one way, casualties. That is, of course, not counting every Russian who died at the hands of Stalin himself who numbered in the millions.

You are correct though that the Russian people are just people, not sure if I would call the head of the KGB "just a person like us" though. All governments manifest evil, it just so happens that our government is designed to be kept at a minimum, constitutional adherence not withstanding.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The propaganda that the USSR did all the heavy lifting is true in only one way, casualties.
reply to post by greencmp

For 1 division of German army deployed in the west, there were 7 division fighting in the East. Also these do not include the German poodles like Hungary, Romania, Ukrainians, Italians etc.

Once "psychopath" Stalin removed himself from the General Staff's planning and decision making, the tide turned very fast in the favor of Moscow.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Let me know when Putin fires the ovens until then I don't care. Ukraine is his back yard not ours. America has been bombing half the planet for the past 30 years all in the name of freedom. Putin hasn't even fired a shot yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join