It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1939 Germany / 2014 Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What russia is doing now seem kinda like what germany did in 1939 invade a soverign nation under jumped up pretexts. Nowi know there are differances and some similar things but what happens if they dont leave the crimea? Does putin do it again and agasin if the west does nothing? This is how WW2 started, are we heading for WW3. If so the massive amounts of money we have been spending on our defense better some out with some new fancy stuuf, i mena hell the stealth bomber was around for 10 years before it came out of the blcak. When was the last time a weapons project came out of the black? But back on topic. If the west dopes nothnig, China and North korea will see this and think "Hum those americans are tired of war lets take some land and see what thye do". But we do have a defensice pact with japan and south korea so things there might go a bit deffrently and if they dont and we go back on our treaties all of the other dictators will be very happy and WW3 will start in no time at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
well maybe if obama/the US, didnt put up a missile shield around russia, in all those border pre-states; russia wouldnt feel so provoked to begin with. the ukraine is just a nato puppet.

not saying this is all ok. im not a fan of any war'ing.
but the US and allies need to stfu about their personal feelings on the issue. we have had our share of proxy wars. this is no different.

the cold war never really ended did it. both sides just decided it was more beneficial to have some open commerce between each other between the fighting.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
And do we even have a defensive military ? I mean our military is on the offensive all over the world so we don't have enough to defend the homeland . Is that a fair assumption if we were to be attacked at home ?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Czulkang
What russia is doing now seem kinda like what germany did in 1939 invade a soverign nation under jumped up pretexts.

You mean like the United States of America did against Afghanistan? Iraq?

Just curious...
edit on 5-3-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Czulkang

Not at all like all the times England invaded France, or Ireland, or India, or when The Church sponsored invasions of the Middle East, or any time any other nation or agency anywhere stood on any pretense to exercise some of its military or expand its influence, secure interests, etc.

Nope.
Not at all like any of that.

But Germany ...

##SNIPPED##

edit on 3/5/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Mar 6 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

U overlooked this :
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Czulkang
What russia is doing now seem kinda like what germany did in 1939 invade a soverign nation under jumped up pretexts. Nowi know there are differances and some similar things but what happens if they dont leave the crimea? Does putin do it again and agasin if the west does nothing? This is how WW2 started, are we heading for WW3. If so the massive amounts of money we have been spending on our defense better some out with some new fancy stuuf, i mena hell the stealth bomber was around for 10 years before it came out of the blcak. When was the last time a weapons project came out of the black? But back on topic. If the west dopes nothnig, China and North korea will see this and think "Hum those americans are tired of war lets take some land and see what thye do". But we do have a defensice pact with japan and south korea so things there might go a bit deffrently and if they dont and we go back on our treaties all of the other dictators will be very happy and WW3 will start in no time at all.

Its massively different.. on so many different levels that it doesn't even compare.

But there are how many topics on this situation where many people have discussed this exact same concept?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Hahah Godwin's law, well done!
Correct me if I'm wrong, My analogy is Russia is a big guy, that's been pushed around for awhile, Now Russia has come to the realisation that he is a big boy and is now pushing back.

As for any similarities between Germany and Russia pre WW2 is an insult to both countries.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Actually, if you really look at history you would see that 1939 Germany and 2014 America have much more in common than Russia does.

I can see a future rapidly developing where the rest of the world has to unite to overthrow the evil "American Empire." The US is being set up to be the next bad guy. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Just like back in 1939 you have a bunch of weak minded apologists saying everything is alright. The people want the Russians to invade............Simple minded fools if you ask me.

Russian's need to wake up and fast before they get in over there heads and wake up and have nothing just like the Germans in 1946.
edit on 5-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

muSSang
reply to post by ressiv

Hahah Godwin's law, well done!
Correct me if I'm wrong, My analogy is Russia is a big guy, that's been pushed around for awhile, Now Russia has come to the realisation that he is a big boy and is now pushing back.

As for any similarities between Germany and Russia pre WW2 is an insult to both countries.

I can kinda see the similarities between Nazi Germany and United States. Large amount of propaganda and a lot of nationalism.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
wrong
you apear to have it back@$$wards op
the us and israel and nato are playing NAZI this time
russia is playing russia

The ex-Israeli soldier who led a Kiev fighting unit

“I joined them then and there, and I started fighting back the way I learned how, through urban warfare maneuvers. People followed, and I found myself heading a platoon of young men. Kids, really.”

The other ex-IDF infantrymen joined the Blue Helmets later after hearing it was led by a fellow vet, Delta said.

As platoon leader, Delta says he takes orders from activists connected to Svoboda, an ultra-nationalist party that has been frequently accused of anti-Semitism and whose members have been said to have had key positions in organizing the opposition protests.

“I don’t belong [to Svoboda], but I take orders from their team. They know I’m Israeli, Jewish and an ex-IDF soldier. They call me ‘brother,’”
www.haaretz.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...
this is who nato and the us and israel are backing
same old same old
edit on 5-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

remembr jacob shiff ordered the hit on the czar and his whole family and funded the bolshevic revolutiuon with just such
despicables as is quoted in Haaretz above.
he made a huge@SSEd profit just like the IMF intends to do today
Russia hasn't forgitten that

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think your comparison with the 1930's is picking up the analogy at too late a date.
I would say 1936- the remilitarisation of the Rhineland.

One point of comparison would be that Putin would have a plausible claim for treating Crimea as Russia's "backyard". The population there are sympathetic. The historic links with Russia go back a long way. It could be argued that Ukraine as now defined was always a slightly artificial state, combining two different groups of people within the same borders.

Another point of comparison would be this is a an early stage in the development of friction, and the West are not mentally prepared to respond with military action. They are more likely to let it go, and wait for the aggressiveness to get more blatant.
We could end up, once again, offering a military guarantee to Poland.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Cancerwarrior

Actually, if you really look at history you would see that 1939 Germany and 2014 America have much more in common than Russia does.

I can see a future rapidly developing where the rest of the world has to unite to overthrow the evil "American Empire." The US is being set up to be the next bad guy. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

This.
This is closer to he truth. Americans are beginning to wake up to the fact that we are Germany of 1939. We are the ones invading or drone striking everyone and have been for quite a while. It really sucks to know that the good ol' USA is the sinister evil villain now.
So now that a lot of people are waking up, the government is taking a much bigger role in controlling all of the media that we see in order to try to maintain that we're the "good guys" and Russia is the commie pinkos of the past.

I would argue that the opposite is closer to the truth and Russia and China are beginning to realize that perhaps they are strong enough now to push back at the bully of the world. The bully demands that you stop, you tell the bully to STFU, and the bully begins to cower and realize that no one is afraid of him anymore.

Russia is no more "wrong" than America is for the various wars/incursions/drone strikes.

With the way things are going, soon a post like this will mean jail time... regardless of who sits in the oval office.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Bisman
well maybe if obama/the US, didnt put up a missile shield around russia, in all those border pre-states; russia wouldnt feel so provoked to begin with. the ukraine is just a nato puppet.

not saying this is all ok. im not a fan of any war'ing.
but the US and allies need to stfu about their personal feelings on the issue. we have had our share of proxy wars. this is no different.

the cold war never really ended did it. both sides just decided it was more beneficial to have some open commerce between each other between the fighting.

A voice of reason

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Isn`t this basically the same situation that existed in america in the 1850`s?
There were a bunch of americans living in mexican territory (Texas) and stirring up trouble so mexico sent an army to get rid of them,next thing you know the U.S. is invading mexico in some trumped up war so that they can annex Texas for the americans who are living there.
If it was OK for america to do it why isn`t it OK for russia to do it?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

As opposed to 1912 Communist Russia / 2014 United States of America?

Sorry, this is all I have to add.

top topics

join