It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turmeric (Vitamin T) Vs. World Disease

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I remember the original thread, and honestly I really do eat a lot more tumeric now. I add it to soup and even sprinkle it on my cheese on toast.

Also ma dad and a couple of friends have added it to their diet too. Good Stuff OP.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"Vitamin T" eh...

Facepalm.

Yeah, that's why none of these disorders are found in the East Indian population, cause they eat so much turmeric...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's an spice, you use it for flavoring foods you cook. It's available in almost any grocery store.
edit on 9-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I use it on rice, beans, in oatmeal (see the first item in my sig for an great beans and rice recipe as well as an oatmeal recipe that you will thank me later for), in soups, and in other dishes. "Vitamin T" (nice name) is an essential in all good food. I usually get mine from the bulk section, you can stock up on quite a bit of it for not much money.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I used to use this with my rice & chicken but stopped when I saw how yellow it had turned my tongue! I thought it probably turned my throat yellow too so I stopped using it just in case it wasn't all that good a sign.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I used to use this with my rice & chicken but stopped when I saw how yellow it had turned my tongue! I thought it probably turned my throat yellow too so I stopped using it just in case it wasn't all that good a sign.

it's the kind of yellow you want to have. please yellow your food up again, and for the rest of your life if you'reknowin' what's good fer ya.

-- e.e. aleister

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Indians have known about the healing properties of turmeric and various other spices this thousands of years. I wonder who will take the credit for this. I have no doubt it will be some western scientist. Once again Indian knowledge on such matters will be completely discarded.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Aleister
I use it on rice, beans, in oatmeal (see the first item in my sig for an great beans and rice recipe as well as an oatmeal recipe that you will thank me later for), in soups, and in other dishes. "Vitamin T" (nice name) is an essential in all good food. I usually get mine from the bulk section, you can stock up on quite a bit of it for not much money.

OATMEAL? Nice! My mom and I have a habit of making a paste out of a couple heaps of turmeric powder and few drops of water and keeping it in the fridge.. I usually gulp down a spoon a day but mine i mix in with ground garlic as i find the garlic oils seem to absorb it and then go down , digest nicely with minimal repeating from the stomach since by now i'm used to downing these more volatile doses of herbs

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

f0xbat
Indians have known about the healing properties of turmeric and various other spices this thousands of years. I wonder who will take the credit for this. I have no doubt it will be some western scientist. Once again Indian knowledge on such matters will be completely discarded.

Yes Turmeric has an important place in Ayurveda going back millenia ago.. and published as far back as in the VEDAS! whereas this rhizome isn't even native to the west.

The Vedas refer to Turmeric as the HERB ABOVE ALL HERBS:

www.bioponic.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Eating the raw root turns the mouth & tongue numb. The effect lasts about 20 minutes. The very tip of the tongue remains this way for about an hour. Requires something to drink it down with. It doesn't really taste bad, but it is SHARP. The effect reminds me a lot like when I eat on super-hot peppers, except it isn't as strong of a stimulant, nor does it BURN. With super-hot peppers the burning is intense, and as it trickles off the entire mouth & tongue turn into an intense numb. About 1 tablespoon of the raw root material doesn't turn the mouth numb nearly as much as one about 1/64 a teaspoon of dried Trinidad Moruga Pepper.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

ah, you must try oatmeal cooked with spices (i use garlic, turmeric, cumin and sometimes others - not into the hot spices myself but others may like them) and then once it's cooked it's laid on top of a plate containing almond or peanut butter, seasame sticks, and white raisins, and mix that up to let the almond butter melt. then, sprinkled on top of all this, add olive oil, pepper, zaatar, chives, and nutritional yeast. or variations on the theme. it's so good that i haven't tired of eating it a few times a week for many years.

--e.e. aleister

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When chugging spoonfuls of turmeric-garlic paste, it doesnt even touch much of my tongue or teeth. It's important if pasting, not to make it too dry that you choke on it.

Also mix it into my body lotion together with sandalwood, It gives my pale skin a nice yellowish/tan glow and treats rash I tend to get prickly heat rash, hives and stuff during hottests months between all the sun and biting insects.

Not sure if its the sandalwood or the turmeric, but seems to have a natural sunscreen effect, too

www.nanohealthtechnology.com... h-can-lead-to-cancer-and-your-vitamin-d/

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Excellent thread !

Incredible coincidence. I started taking it yesterday. Curamin (Extra Strength). Already feeling better, pain in the legs is gone. It really works.

I mix one teaspoon of Yacon Syrup in a cup of orange juice to take one Curamin capsule, close to bedtime.

Search BCM-95 if you want to know more.

www.curamin.com...
edit on 9-3-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you are in USDA zone 7b or warmer try adding it to the garden. Considered a tropical perennial, it does die back and have a dormant period. Harvest what rhizomes you need in fall, and it will come back when it is warm. I grow it in a spot with partial shade and afternoon sun. Add it to just about everything, except dishes with saffron. Saffron just tastes too unique on its own to worry about turmeric.
edit on 9-3-2014 by J.B. Aloha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I dont get it...

If i down 10 tablespoons of this every day, will that do the job? or is there some special intake method?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Use caution and common sense when determining dosage of anything, even vitamins or supplements, no matter what the claim/s.

If using turmeric is something new to you, always start in the low dosage, increasing up to 1500 mg, divided three times a day.

Best is to take it 4, maximum 5 days out of the week, thus giving the liver a chance to rest.

I have suggested turmeric (curcuma longa) to many of my massage therapy practice clients, mainly for arthritis, but as stated in the OP, turmeric has many benefits.

As someone who has had shoulder surgery a few years back, and was prescribed celebrex and other additional painkillers to fight ensuing arthritis, (I got the prescriptions, but did not take any) I can testify that turmeric and other supplemets I took made me feel brand new.

I do take my supplemts to this day, turmeric included, at least three days out of the week.

Before taking any such, do your own research and if starting, start slow and low.

There is no single miracle cure/supplement/drug to our physical diseases and conditions, whereas at the root of them are lifelong habits or even abuse, and moreover, they can/may be manifestations of deep psychological issues. We try as best we can to spackle the creases and holes, but at least we should have the right of information and above all, the right of choice.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am part Pakistani and Turmeric is used in a lot of our home cooked meals. Warm milk with turmeric and non pasteurized real pollen flower honey (honey can be made with bees collecting sugar instead of flowers, tastes almost the same but gives you no benefits, another "great" product brought to you by greed) is a treat when I am sick, when I get sick.

/me knocks on head as if knocking on wood.

I love you nature, always the best simplest solutions to life' problems. ahhhhhh!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok, so sue me, but I like to make a version of egg salad that is basically just eggs chopped up with barely enough mayonnaise to hold them together, some spicy mustard (Beaver Hot Horseradish or Jack Daniel's Old No. 7) and spiced with some Kosher salt, turmeric, curry powder, and paprika. I like it best when I can shell the hard-boiled eggs as soon as possible after being boiled and eat it in a pita still warm.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Like the poster said above me, it's great on eggs!

Curry chicken omelet mmmmm

I heard some use it on the skin to even out the tone, it probably works because turmeric can also turn teeth yellowish.
I try to swallow it in one gulp and avoid having it touch my teeth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join