It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

No idea but its just what I found reported, cant guarantee the legitimacy of any of it
But yes I would think a mobile phone would not ring underwater, having said that there's perfectly good other reasons for it ringing, perhaps it was lost pre-flight?

I'm just assuming.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

On another note - can someone please update me in a brief manner in regards to what's happening with these 'stolen passports'?

I've fallen out of the loop with the last 1/3 of this thread and I am seeing a multitude of links and different points being made about these passports.

Am I right in assuming that two passengers who were registered onto the flight and boarded were actually at home all a long and had their passports stolen a while back? Am I also right in assuming MSM has played off the passports as insignificant considering millions are lost and used each year in Asia?!?

What sort of absurdness is that? This is obviously a huge security breach and also a cause of concern regarding the potential of the plane being hijacked.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Peace
edit on 9-3-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Magician55

Agreed, I have just posted to say phone could have been lost pre-flight etc.

Am in no way guaranteeing the legitimacy of the source or video.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

lol... this is why I say I wish we could make some of our own phone calls, the problem is language barrier.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Yes the two passengers were safe and well one passport was stolen two years ago the other maybe 6 months ago.

As far as I can tell, they are taking all options seriously, the passports are still being investigated and there are now multiple reports of more people booked during same booking as the 2 stolen passports (5 tickets in total on same booking) who did not make the flight.. I really don't know anymore than what i've just briefly read and cant guarantee any accuracy in that information.

edit on 9-3-2014 by civpop because: Should be stolen not fake

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been raised and responded in the earlier pages, but would an emp attack get registered in radars? Can the emp cause communication problem like what happen in MH370 and also cause the plane to vaporise? Just asking. I'm not familiar with emp but the thought arise. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just reported now

The first major breakthrough appears to have been made after a Vietnamese search team found what they believe is part of a door and an airplane tail.

The suspected fragments have been located around 50 miles from southwest of Tho Chu Island, according to the Wall Street Journal

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Xcathdra

I would say if it was terrorists they would have claimed responsibility long before now.

I am curious why there is no wreckage yet.... they would be some somewhere, unless something else happened altogether, such as the transponder was taken out... and ONLY the transponder.

Is that possible? Would have to have been in-flight.....
edit on 9-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Maybe an attack was carried out by 2 or 3 people working on their own, with no other terrorist organization??

It can happen. Those 2 madmen in Greenwich who hacked Lee Rigby are an example of guys working alone.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Terrorists would NOT blow up a plane literally in the middle of nowhere surrounded my 1000s of miles of water.

The only halfway plausible scenario (for me) would be some act of terrorism which involved a hi-jacking, plane attempted to turn/tuned (PROVEN)...and then (because it ran out of fuel maybe???) that the plane literally dropped/entirely vanished into the sea.

An explosion at this point I consider unlikely due to lack of debris/ANYTHING found.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wall Street Journal reporter Vu Trong Khanh has tweeted this picture of a new 'suspicious object' spotted 80km southwest of Vietnam.

It is not clear if this is the 'suspected fragment' the WSJ says has been found, but it would seem so.

edit on 9-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

They had plenty of fuel left... Although maybe it was shot down!!!
This would fit with your theory I guess!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

They haven't yet proven they tried to turn around. They are still anyzing the data.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

civpop
Wall Street Journal reporter Vu Trong Khanh has tweeted this picture of a new 'suspicious object' spotted 80km southwest of Vietnam.

It is not clear if this is the 'suspected fragment' the WSJ says has been found, but it would seem so.

edit on 9-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Thanks for some reason I cant load pictures :-(

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

What I'm confused with is if this is "terrorism" as so many have said, along with media fearmongering, then why were no fighter planes deployed...
If it has been shot down this would have been protocol for military worldwide...
Then again it may be difficult to announce that shooing down over 200 people including infants were considered the lesser of two evils!!!

Peace!
edit on 9-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

DazDaKing

On another note - can someone please update me in a brief manner in regards to what's happening with these 'stolen passports'?

I've fallen out of the loop with the last 1/3 of this thread and I am seeing a multitude of links and different points being made about these passports.

Am I right in assuming that two passengers who were registered onto the flight and boarded were actually at home all a long and had their passports stolen a while back? Am I also right in assuming MSM has played off the passports as insignificant considering millions are lost and used each year in Asia?!?

What sort of absurdness is that? This is obviously a huge security breach and also a cause of concern regarding the potential of the plane being hijacked.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Peace
edit on 9-3-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

There were a total of 4 stolen passports being used on the flight, two of which were used during the purchase of tickets together... I believe they were used to skirt Chinese authorities from the looks of it, because they were used they weren't subject to an additional inspection by the Chinese authorities.

and yes, according to counter-terrorist officials they may not be significant, because on any flight of that size out of Asia you are going to have a few stolen passports being used.

I don't think this is being overlooked, but nor is it being made center stage either.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

You have to know it's been hijacked to launch fighters.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

We will teach you...

No worries... you seem to be a good new member, and we are happy to have you participating on this site!

Click on the little cartoon in my signature, and that will take you to a thread where we will help you with learning how to upload pictures and other things...
edit on 9-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

Read my previous comments.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

roadgravel
If it is in China it would mean it landed at some secret airport, right. No controllers or airport staff to speak of the plane landing.
How freely do people speak in China these days?

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join