It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 312
<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have done some simple math figuring the operating empty weight, maximum takeoff weight, and maximum landing weight for the Boeing 777-200ER. This model aircraft can carry a maximum of 282 passengers in seating configuration C35Y247. Flight MH370 only had 227 passengers and 12 crew. So the numbers are as follows;

304,500 lbs. - operating empty weight
+36,320 lbs. - 227 passengers @ 160 lbs each
=340,820 lbs. - net weight
+ 1920 lbs. - crew weight
= 342,740 lbs. - net weight

656,000 lbs. - maximum takeoff weight
- 342,740 lbs. - net weight (crew, passengers, and aircraft)
= 313,260 lbs. - available for secret cargo

That's right the cargo was secret, Malaysian Air will not divulge what the massive cargo was.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

And did you figure the runway required for the air density at takeoff? A 777-200 with no wind, a zero runway gradient, at 27 degrees air temp requires 8,000 feet of runway at 580,000 pounds take off weight.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Good assessment but was Was fuel figured in ?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Mikeultra
Why has the main stream news still not mentioned the halon fire extinguisher found washed up in the Maldives?

Simple, the MSM AKA "NEWS" has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news." ~ A.J. Liebling

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yeah, you need the fuel in that equation, plus the weight of the passengers luggage and carry on luggage, plus the carry on for the crew,

and 3-5 metric tonnes of mangosteens and 200kgs of lithium-ion batteries and small radios/walkie talkies.

Plus what Zaphod said.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
FBI analysis on flight simulator coming soon

WASHINGTON - The FBI will soon complete its analysis of data from a flight simulator taken from the home of the pilot of a missing Malaysia Airlines jet, the US agency's director said Wednesday.
Malaysian officials had asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation to help recover files deleted from the simulator's hard drive.
FBI chief James Comey told lawmakers that experts were working "literally round the clock" to finish their analysis, in the hopes that the data could provide clues as to what happened to Flight 370, which vanished March 8 with 239 passengers and crew on board.
Malaysia "took us up on our technical abilities, which involves the exploitation of certain computer forensic materials that they've given to us. That work is ongoing," Comey told a House subcommittee meeting to discuss the FBI's 2015 budget request.
"I don't want to say more about that in an open setting, but I expect it to be done fairly shortly, within a day or two."
Comey did not indicate whether the results of the analysis would be made public.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Lostinthedarkness

Good assessment but was Was fuel figured in ?

Nope, completely forgot about the fuel! Well it's still suspicious that they only let 227 passengers instead of 282. And they had a whole bunch of people waiting for stand by seats. So 55 passengers x 160 lbs. = 8800 lbs. That could be the weight of the secret cargo/weapon.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

They can't carry a load of fuel, a full passenger load, and cargo out of Malaysia.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Zaphod58

They can't carry a load of fuel, a full passenger load, and cargo out of Malaysia.

I thought these greedy airlines pack in as many fare paying passengers as possible. Isn't that why they don't fill up the fuel tanks completely? If I was a pilot I would want full tanks all the time for emergency situations. There are too many aviation analysts on TV right now for my liking. There's 6 on screen at 1 time all yelling like they know it all...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Aviation Analyst = Unemployed Pilot

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

Rockflier since you are a pilot, I have a couple questions for you. Another person answered a few but I would like to hear what you have to say....

Did you ever have or know of anyone who had communications and/or a transponder go out?

If you did what happened or what do you think would happen?

Would ground control contact other centers to try to find the plane and would the military be notified?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Aviation Enthusiast)Aircraft Spotter) = Very Observant

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Looking at this earth wind map, if MH370 crashed somewhere between Kuala Lumpur and Diego Garcia in the Northern Indian Ocean, the wind direction matches up for blowing that halon fire extinguisher up on the island in The Maldives.
earth.nullschool.net.../wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-275.90,2.34,512

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Did we know this and I missed it. Sorry if it is a double post.

The mysterious five passengers who checked in but did not board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 do not exist after all, according to Malaysia's police chief Khalid Abu Bakar.

www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

judydawg
reply to post by auroraaus

Did we know this and I missed it. Sorry if it is a double post.

The mysterious five passengers who checked in but did not board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 do not exist after all, according to Malaysia's police chief Khalid Abu Bakar.

www.straitstimes.com...

The airline security guy swears they took the luggage off the aircraft that belonged to the 5 passengers who never existed according to the police chief? Some or all of them are liars.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by judydawg

Hey Judy,

I think from that report the police chief saying that was because 4 (or 5, or whatever!) got put on from the "Waiting list"
so, in practice, all on manifest boarded and all had their luggage.

I didn't know there was a "waiting list" to get on a plane...the new things I learn every day.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Daughter2

Rockflier since you are a pilot, I have a couple questions for you. Another person answered a few but I would like to hear what you have to say....

Did you ever have or know of anyone who had communications and/or a transponder go out?

If you did what happened or what do you think would happen?

Would ground control contact other centers to try to find the plane and would the military be notified?

1. I have had both go out, but not simultaneously.
2. COMS out, squawk 7600. I could receive so they talked and I hit ident to let them know I could hear. Xpdr out I just did what they said, LOL.
3. Yes, TRACON or Center would contact adjacent facilities to locate. If they could not, military would be advised.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

rockflier, just a question (the 7600 comms out reminded me to ask)

I think it's 7500 for hijack right?

Is it possible that if there was a hijack, the hijackers being aware of the codes, could have prevented it being sent out?

edit to also ask: If transponder and other comms ceased, why didn't those in charge notify the military? or did they? the malaysian military said that they detected a craft on their radar but deemed it safe. Do you think anything suspicious?
edit on 26-3-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

auroraaus

rockflier, just a question (the 7600 comms out reminded me to ask)

I think it's 7500 for hijack right?

Is it possible that if there was a hijack, the hijackers being aware of the codes, could have prevented it being sent out?

Correct, 7500 is hijack. I suppose, if they were savvy enough, they could prevent the crew from changing codes. Also 7700 is emergency. One term crews could use if under duress and unable to change codes is the term "Trip". Instead of saying Malaysia 370 they would say Trip 370.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

onehuman
civpop, thank you so much for trying to help me in my search. The one you found was the person from the maritime accident that they had been looking for for awhile.

I put the word out I was looking for it again on another site and went to bed after going back through pages on here. I woke up to the link sent to me. I'd be happy except that it is sad if you know what I mean.

Maybe after you folks see this again you will remember it from before. I am not posting the picture out of respect.

Snippet:

Unidentified corpses in Meghna

Several dead bodies were floating in the Meghna river at island Upazila Hatia in Noakhali, local people say.

I know someone here went and tried to find this beach on a map and if I recall it was in the current drift area of the last known area of the plane as it headed west.

Source of Article

You're welcome, that's a find and a half, why has it been swept under the carpet I wonder, three bodies washed a shore is surely something to be concerned about.

Thanks for posting.

Civ

top topics

<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join