It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gives homeless guy a winning lottery ticket

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm starting to wonder, and only because every single video this guy posts is a prank, but what if it's fake? What if he is just punking the homeless guy. I really hope it's a legitimate act of kindness.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
That guy was genuinely grateful and the fact he wanted to share it tells a lot. There was a thread on ATS awhile back about how with free give-a-ways (as an example), they found those with more money usually take more and waste while those with less take only what they need. This reminded me of that. The word terrifying does not describe homelessness. He got enough to buy some new clothes, food, and maybe be able to get a cheap hotel so he can shower and look for work (if able to work and actually find employment).

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You know the only problem is that when I help homeless

what if they just use the money to feed drug dealers while they destroy themselves even more.

That's the problem with homeless in big cities

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't think that was staged, the guys were wearing sunglasses with the video cameras in them
Not all homeless people are crackheads or boozers. I've been there myself, never once did I touch drugs or booze, trust me I was sorely tempted because of the situation, but things got better because SOMEONE HELPED ME. I'm betting that guy uses the money to help himself get a room and cleaned up.
To you trolls on this thread: STUFF IT

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
AND He wanted to share it, after he won, now that tells you what kind of man this is, Good man. Very moving, this guy probably hasnt held that kind of money in a long time, Its amazing yet sad what money can do to people.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

AntiPrivateWestBankers

You know the only problem is that when I help homeless

what if they just use the money to feed drug dealers while they destroy themselves even more.

That's the problem with homeless in big cities

What ever the bums do with the money you give them is not your concern.

The point is that you saw a fellow human being in need and acted.

God bless you.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
David Blaine doing it better many years ago.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Cut Jefferton some slack. Unfortunately that is the main perception of homeless folk. Roughly 35% of all homeless have a substance abuse problem. Regardless this was a very touching video. $1000 to this man is like $100,000 to us. He seemed very grateful and was willing to share. This does not speak of a drug addict if you ask me. I hope he is able to do something worth while with the money.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Jefferton
That will buy a LOT of booze & crack!

2nd line.

This guy, am I right folks?

Some people just like to think their waste doesn't emit a foul odor. Let me guess, mommy and daddy but you a nice car when you got your liscence?

Hmmm...

The whole "2nd line" gimmick is getting old. If you can't formulate a coherent response beyond a jarring social faux pas, perhaps you would be more comfortable elsewhere...

Just saying, cool guy.

Anyway...

I genuinely hope that this video is legit. That guy seemed so stoked! However, we have seen a few of these types of vids lately that turn out to be complete hoaxes.

I too have been homeless (teetering on the edge as it is) and I know 1,000 bucks can go a long, long way.

Props to the dude that gave him the ticket, we're bros for life now.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The funny thing is- the Youtube video made the creator more money than what was given to the homeless guy.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That guy's day was just made right there. You know, I'm sure a lot of us ATSers have been in the position where just a friendly hand was asking for too much. There's a lot of stigma surrounding that situation, and being treated like you're someone, like you're worth caring about, is a real breath of fresh air. It's like finally coming home for a minute. All the jokes about "that's gonna buy a lot of booze" or "just think of the crack he can get now!" is really easy to laugh about, but you can tell from the tears that this man isn't just some addict looking for his next fix. This is a man who can feel, someone who hasn't gone over the edge yet. And thanks to Penguin Magic, he was reminded that there are concerned citizens who have his back. That homeless man might have gotten hit by a car or shot in a robbery gone bad, and now, he won't die feeling all alone. You heard him - he doesn't have any friends, and no one's ever done that kind of thing for him.

Screw the Oscars, that's the kind of reward I'm talking about. Keep your Stanley Cup and Hall of Fame plaque. What happened in that video...that's more beautiful than any trophy. That's more moving than any lottery ticket.
edit on 7-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Human emotion.

Man my eyes.

I want to hug that guy too.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Dynamike
The funny thing is- the Youtube video made the creator more money than what was given to the homeless guy.

Mmmm Capitalism

So it's wrong to make money, doing what you like?

You ever just give a thousand dollars to someone you do not know?

or for that matter

a 100 bucks?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Dynamike

Yeah, rare case of win-win situation.
You jealous bro?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Meditationplus

Which state will pay out more then 600$ on the spot? I can't seem to find one. With cameras rolling and following these people it makes it look stages. If not I praise the free hand out but this youtuber/liveleaker is looking for money through views and advertising.

At the start of the video he states that it is a loosing ticket and the clerk is in on the act.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I needed this today...

If you follow thru to the youtube link, you'll see that the video maker has raised just shy of 20,000 to give Eric (the homeless man) a hand up, get him off the streets and help better his life. The difference this is going to make for him gives me a little more hope that we'll be alright, that there are people out there that still care and are willing to help others.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Jefferton
That will buy a LOT of booze & crack!

2nd line.

Shame on you, how could you watch that video and have such an immature response? Have some heart man, homeless people suffer enough already.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this, very moving and it restores my faith in humanity, which these days needs constant replenishing!
Let's take this energy today and pay hit forward to someone in need.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Excellent video. I hope this is real and not some fake video someone
produced just to gain an audience! Acts of kindness can seem so rare
when we are connected to devices which mostly show negative acts
or human suffering! Nothing in life is more important then the choices
we make which effect lives and influence others! These choices such
as Love and hate are contagious & tend to spread likewise!

Most of us want to be kind but are afraid of
being taken advantage of or hurt and this sets us up to be defensive and
hurtful to those around us! It doesn't take much for one of us to spread
our love, compassion and caring to others! The problem is the world we
live in has been set up to make us suspicious of other human beings! It's no
wonder that this homeless man thought it had to be a lie!
It does not take much to show kindness to those around us and even if we
are to fall on our face doing so we will never feel like a heal doing so! I
know most of us have heard the Charlie Chaplin speech at the end of the
great dictator and if you haven't you should go there now and listen to it.
Here is a link to it: www.youtube.com...

Every time I've listened to it has brought me to tears because his words hit
home more now then at any time I have been alive! We are, whom we choose
to be, whether we allow ourselves to shine the light of love and human kindness
or give in to envy, greed and selfishness we are all brothers who make choices
in life which we are either proud of, or will regret some time in our future!
These choices can melt away the coldest of hearts or contort the kindness of souls
into desperation! The point is we are all connected and whether we give off a
positive influence or negative influence effects us and others! This influence also
resonates to those around us and them! Makes us feel good or bad! We only have
to allow what is in our hearts to influence our choices and this will consistently
be a choice we will never regret! May we all choose wisely my friends.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

You guys are funny. If you watch the video it's not even a winning ticket.. I don't know where you guys are from but in my area gas stations don't take bills over 50 and the guy was handing out hundreds. But more obvious is before that they say that the ticket is not winning and it's staged, and the guy working is in on it.

Everything else is REAL.

That video made me really happy.
I love humans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join