It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So they want our guns...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's apparent that without your guns you are a very scared people. Sad.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

0rbital

Without our freedoms, we'd be even worse off.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

0rbital

Hardly.

What is apparent is people are scared without government to 'protect' them like mommy and daddy use to.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's more apparent that without your guns you don't feel like real men.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

edit on 4-3-2014 by neo96 because: not worth it.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

0rbital

you speak of what you do not understand. If you knew what liberty was, you to would be scared of losing it.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

0rbital
reply to post by neo96

Who should have the guns then? Only cops?

If you prefer to be an unarmed victim that is fine, just remember when seconds count the police are always minutes away.

To add icing to the cake police actually don't have to protect you, their job is to enforce municipal code and arrest violators. Sapp vs Tallahassee.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

0rbital

You don't speak for me, so don't even try. I think you are mistaken, it isn't "fear" so much as it is "anger" and justifiably so as from the OP's information it is still within our rights to own guns in this country. Maybe you should educate yourself a bit more on the topic instead of making assumptions about people.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

0rbital
reply to post by neo96

With my guns, i can provide a weeks worth of food in only a few hours. you know, provide food to my family, like a real man does. not just stopping by your local supermarket and purchase foods like the rest of the sheeple. see what happens when the trucks stop running. Lets see if your a real man when your food is no longer handed to you.
edit on 4-3-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Although in principle I have nothing against people in any country owning firearms, as at the end of the day guns are just tools, machines, and you don't need a gun to kill someone. However, it does make it easier, less educated, imimpressionable people and guns don't mix.

Fine have your guns, but just as long as they are well regulated, with strictly enforced permits. Some of the posts in this thread are terrifying, showing of your automatic guns as though they were motorbikes or something, scary and depressing.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

camaro68ss

0rbital
reply to post by neo96

With my guns, i can provide a weeks worth of food in only a few hours. you know, provide food to my family, like a real man does. not just stopping by your local supermarket and purchase foods like the rest of the sheeple. see what happens when the trucks stop running. Lets see if your a real man when your food is no longer handed to you.

Seriously? We are 'sheeple' for using supermarkets? So your idea of everyone wandering around shooting deer is a sustainable solution for a planet of 7 billion? A 'real man' would understand this.ok.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

0rbital

If the world loses the only defender of individual liberty due to the adolescent notion that bureaucrats know best, we may have been to blame but we will have folks like you to thank.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

0rbital

Don't confuse concern with fear. That's ignorant.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

neo96

edit on 4-3-2014 by neo96 because: not worth it.

Yup, well said neo.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

doorhandle

camaro68ss

0rbital
reply to post by neo96

Seriously? We are 'sheeple' for using supermarkets? So your idea of everyone wandering around shooting deer is a sustainable solution for a planet of 7 billion? A 'real man' would understand this.ok.

yes i think your sheeple. if you dont have a back up plan to harvest of gather your own food, your screwed and living on barrowed time.

every city center is 3 days away from chaos

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

What works for Germany doesn't necessarily work in the US. For that matter, what works in Massachusetts doesn't necessarily work in Oklahoma, either.

As it turns out, several US cities have tried to ban firearms, quite often with rather disappointing results. Or in some cases, ending in spectacular failure with homicide rates several times the national average. Of course, gun control advocates like to blame the outlying areas, but in reality, it just proved that indeed, criminals, by definition, ignore and break laws. And in our inner cities, there are no shortage of violent criminals. Or illegal firearms, for that matter.

There's only one way to solve the problem, and that's not to enforce more gun laws against law abiding citizens. No, we're actually going to have to address the real problem and start cleaning out our inner cities of gangs and related activity. Of course, no one wants to do that, since too many politicians have found they can manipulate those people for votes on election day.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

That is great... Since they are against guns they will not have one to hunt with when the store shelves are emptied with hours of a mass panic event. Since most people live paycheck to paycheck now-days it is unlikely for them to have more than 3 weeks of food in their home. They will take to the streets and protest demanding the Government give them free food which they are unable to provide long term. Riots will take place with people demanding their fair share, in which the Government will respond with rubber bullets an tear gas.

Meanwhile us Gun owners have known for some time that we should be prepared just in case a man made or natural disaster takes place. We have the tools at our disposal to hunt and defend ourselves and can network with like minded people and form communities that can band together and be able to barter and trade for our needs.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I agree with that, if ts really did htf, yeah 99% of us 'sheeple' would be screwed. But thats not reason for having the right to own weapons and hunt. It would be chaos if everyone did. Buddy this is 2014 not 1214, we are not hunter gatherers anymore, which is what apparently you are tying to say you are, and being so makes you a real man? I (respectfully) think you are wrong.
edit on 0420142014Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:54:24 -060011am304TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: damn phone

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Double post, sorry
edit on 0420142014Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:55:28 -060011am304TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

doorhandle
Fine have your guns, but just as long as they are well regulated, with strictly enforced permits. Some of the posts in this thread are terrifying, showing of your automatic guns as though they were motorbikes or something, scary and depressing.

None of the pictures they posted were of automatic weapons. They're semi-automatic, meaning the rifle fires one and only one bullet each time you pull the trigger. Automatic weapons are not readily available to the public and there's a much more extensive background check process involved in buying one. They also tend be quite expensive since new manufacture was banned in 1986, with prices often in the tens of thousands of dollars, putting them out of the reach of most average gun buyers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join