It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US miliatry preparing for deployments and now on hightened state of alert.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

That is one of the reasons the press has no credibility these days. The US Navy does not fly F-22 Raptors and they are certainly not carrier certified. The F-35 is supposed to replace the F-18 Hornet, but is still undergoing trials (and is having a tough time of it).

Putting a Carrier Battle group in the middle of the Black Sea would be suicidal.

ETA: Oops! I didn't see that it came from the TurnerRadioNetwork, you know...that site has been banned here for all the hoaxes that they spout.
edit on 4-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by oblvion

That is one of the reasons the press has no credibility these days. The US Navy does not fly F-22 Raptors and they are certainly not carrier certified. The F-35 is supposed to replace the F-18 Hornet, but is still undergoing trials (and is having a tough time of it).

Putting a Carrier Battle group in the middle of the Black Sea would be suicidal.

ETA: Oops! I didn't see that it came from the TurnerRadioNetwork, you know...that site has been banned here for all the hoaxes that they spout.

I didnt recognize the source, and didnt have time to further look, I had some running around to do this morning.

I see the Putin is kinda back away now.

I am curious what will happen next.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't want to be a goody goody spoil sport.

But is talking about this a good idea? Things are pretty serious and obliviously our respective governments want to keep things on the down low to prevent escalation themselves.
edit on 4-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The ARSE of the army of the united states is working overtime again then...ARSE being Army Rumour SErvice..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

~Lucidity
Our military is always prepared;

Like it was at pearl harbor

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The US military, as any military, has contingency plans for about any situation around the world. The have complete, play-by-play books that they pull from the shelves or from computer files that give precise instructions what to do in every event. Beyond that, they use minor events at times as triggers for drills or they simply have a drill, a dry run, for training purposes.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

As a part of the military I can say that there have been no changes to our readiness. The article you link has nothing in it about our military readiness only talk about how we want to get our hands on the gas reserve which sits underneath Russia and the usual blah blah blah. Nuclear weapons are always ready to go, the type as well as the rest of our equipment since it is how we spend our time, doing nothing else but inspecting, repairing and assuring that our equipment works.

The blurb you have quoted is a retired Admiral who is now a paid talking head, nothing worse than one of those as he will say exactly what you want him to say to met the lines of your story, its why you pay him. Make no mistakes that there are certainly preparations for any and all contingencies but this is a normal posture on our part every day, there have been no special preparations iin my unit, brigade or division but very well could be before all is said and done

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Funny how the skies over Langley AFB here in Hampton Virginia are quiet today. I heard them early this morning around five , just like every other morning. I will hear them return this afternoon between two and four. I am surrounded by bases and forts here and there is no heightened security or preparations taking place. When they tighten security or even just decide to check 100% of I.D.s at base entrances it causes backed up traffic throughout the entire region. Matter of fact we had snow last night here and they actually are on essential personal only today.
edit on AMu31u0331054312014-03-04T10:54:55-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by oblvion

You are absolutely correct. It's the F-18's that keep falling on our heads here in Tidewater Virginia.

www.cnn.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Ok but you had to go back 73 years to the last time we were surprised. Tech has changed somewhat since 1941.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

We are always ready today is no different. No additional prep is going on right now. When an order to deploy comes we are on the dime ready no need to step up prep. We keep it tip top 24/7

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Where are you? First fighter wing is here at Langley AND you have to be on base to see the flightline you can't see if from any public streets.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

anonentity

snowspirit

NewsWorthy
We'll just thought I'd throw some info out here.... The U.S Carrier Attack group is just about to enter the Black Sea headed towards Crimea.. There's a 17 ship attack group with 3 Nuclear Subs accompanying the USS George HW Bush Super Carrier.. I'd post a link but T&C won't allow it..
Google it though and it'll come up... That much firepower headed towards Ukraine might rattle some nerves, let's hope cooler heads prevail
edit on 3-3-2014 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

I tried googling and this is all I could find:

This was largely expected, and the path of aircraft carrier into the Mediterranean was known well in advance. As of late last week, this is what was known about the distribution of US naval forces around the world (Source: Stratfor).

It is not known is if the report by Sevastopol News that the two US warships have already crossed the bosphorus and would arrive at the Crimean port shortly is real or fake. From the website:

The U.S. Navy will arrive in Sevastopol in four hours? As we have just learned from unofficial sources in the Naval Forces of Ukraine, headed for the shores of Sevastopol at full speed, are two ships of the United States Navy.

According to preliminary information, two destroyers carrier battle groups have already passed the Bosphorus.

Recall that part of the Black Sea Fleet warships are now off the coast of Sochi. Yesterday, a large landing ship "Kaliningrad" from the Baltic Fleet entered the Black Sea. And as we have previously reported, to Sevastopol is returning the Ukrainian frigate "Hetman Sahaidachny."
There has been no official comment.
Of the above, the most important unknown is whether indeed the US is entering the black sea in what would be a direct confrontation with the Russian fleet. Considering the earlier report of the defection of the Ukranian navy head, this would not be surprising as the US would certainly need naval presence in the waters close to the Crimean, especially following the report that the Crimean PM just announced the creation of a regional - i..e, non-Ukraine - navy.

Those who wish to do so can keep track of the status of CVN-77 George H.W. Bush on its facebook page located here.

Alternatively, a good place to keep track of who crosses in and out of the Black Sea is the Bosphorus Naval News.

www.zerohedge.com...

Unconfirmed.

What struck me at this time of tension, is that the Next king of England and his wife and son our doing a tour of NZ. and Aussie. far away from any action if the hostilities start .Interesting timing? Or maybe coincidence.

You do know that Charles is the next King don't you? First Charles then William then his son George who replaced Harry in the number three slot when he was born last Aug.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

crazyewok
I don't want to be a goody goody spoil sport.

But is talking about this a good idea? Things are pretty serious and obliviously our respective governments want to keep things on the down low to prevent escalation themselves.

So what are you saying here? Loose lips sink ships? We're not giving away military secrets here.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Danbones
a couple yakount missles and there will be some new nice glow in the dark fish habitats

Uh huh,forgot to take into account the SEAram missiles that are made to engage those now did we? detect the missiles way out and they engage starting 11 miles out with a 97 percentile hit ratio for EACH missile.

If russia really wants to go nuclear destroying a carrier is a sure fire way to get his wish granted.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Not only did they blow it on the F-22s on board but one SSBN would never accompany a carrier group, or work in groups. It goes against everything about them. SSNs, which DO accompany carriers are not nuclear capable since the nuclear Tomahawk went away.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

andy1972
The ARSE of the army of the united states is working overtime again then...ARSE being Army Rumour SErvice..

I've always liked to make up acronyms. When serving and something that higher did to piss me off I always said I had a case of the ASS. Even went to TMC one time to screw with the PA's head (he was a friend of mine).

"So what seems to be the problem SGT T?"

"I think I have a case of the ASS, Sir."

"Excuse me?"

A case of the ASS...Army Stress Syndrome."

"You're giving me a case of the ASS...get the hell out of my office!"
I crack myself up sometimes.

But back on topic, I haven't heard anything more about this supposed Naval deployment so I'm thinking that it's bunk.

And all the media seems to still be trying to make mountains out of molehills. It must be a slow news day.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

We're not giving away military secrets here.

If there are any quiet deployment they likely are.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

It would take nothing to blockade this port, actually turkey could just refuse to let them pass, if they wanted to.

Remember folks, unlike what was said here the united states had nothing to do with this. Some local Russian mayors and rich Russian in Crimea cried to Kremlin and said they were being attacked. I will not give source for this info so don't ask. Putin acted without having real intelligence and then we'll it was too late.

Even now he denies publicly that there are any Russian troops in Crimea. Give me a break.

NATO by treaty must defend Ukraine, we are NATO. Russia broke treaty going in, that is why he denies it. He is a lawyer too by the way.

We should block the straight and cut off the port. Meanwhile EU needs to get off their arse.

Why are they reluctant, because the real deal is this is about money, plain and simple. EU needs the Russian gas. That is why Russia pushed so hard for Assad. They do not want a pipeline through Syria. Again all about money. Get the picture now....

The Bot

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Yeh But if the Nukes start to fly Charles might be on the casualty list, along with a few million others.. Its a few weeks yet before the visits happen but it will be a few weeks before the opposing forces get themselves organised, like a boil this will take some time to burst. So playing safe and having your Genes spread around the Globe might be prudent. Just saying that by the time the west gets overwhelming force organised, the time to get out for a holiday might be right. These things have the air of being scripted long before the event starts. Mind you I think Putin will be history before anything like that happens , but scared kids with guns isn't good.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join