It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lottery fraud : how the government takes the money of fools

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
As any kid that used a computer for a little while knows, comnputers will do whatever the people that programmed their software told them to.

It's immediate obvious how government controlled computers will count votes the way the government tells them to.

To see how the government steals the money of fools that play lottery, it's not much more difficult, right ?
Who will be the first one here to explain how it works? - Hint :a child can understand it.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Matt, are you saying that the balls are controlled somehow? I don't play the lottery as I have better things to do with my money but what I see in operation is clever marketing by driving up demand by announcing how many tickets are being purchased by hour, etc.. It instills that fear of missing out on something.

One problem I do have with the state lotteries is that the money doesn't always go to the intended purpose. Funds are raided for other projects and lavish offices are supplied for lottery officials.

Here's an interesting article about lottery marketing.

Here's an interesting article about how the lottery proceeds are divvied up as well as insight into the demographics in the Massachussetts lottery.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
"Lotteries are a tax for the stupid" Ben Franklin

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Humorously, I guess it's apparent that you guys didn't hit the lotto, huh?

On a more serious note, to make claims and assertions that the state lotteries are "controlled" by the government, and to say it in the same 'breath' as machine votings being "controlled" is quite ridiculous, especially when the one(s) making such claims and assertions have no evidences or sourcings to back said claims and assertions....

Strictly an uneducated guess and opinion?

seekerof

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well, I may as well chime in and give an opinion:

Have any lotteries in the history of the US been rigged? Maybe, maybe not. Are lotteries rigged regularly? No way.

Lottery facts:

-Somebody always wins eventually. 100%, every time.
-Lotteries wouldnt exist if they didnt actually payout every time.
-The Lottery has NO CONTROL over the quantity of people selecting the same number. Even if a rigging was attempted, the possibility of other winning at the same time are real.
-People connected or associated with the lottery cannot win. The laundering required to get that money back to somebody in a position to rig would be nearly impossible. Im pretty sure these people are monitored regularly.

So, if we assume my lottery facts are true, the possibilities of a rigged lottery is so small that you could say its nearly impossible. Extremely Improbable at the very least.

I think the biggest "conspiracy" regarding lotteries is where the money earned goes afterwards.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Matt, are you saying that the balls are controlled somehow?

Well done. That's part of it. Now let's see who can explain :
- the previous steps
- how the balls are controlled

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

Originally posted by titian
Matt, are you saying that the balls are controlled somehow?

Well done. That's part of it. Now let's see who can explain :
- the previous steps
- how the balls are controlled

is this some kind of cat and mouse guessing game? people don't usually start threads to have other people explain their points...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

To see how the government steals the money of fools that play lottery, it's not much more difficult, right ?
Who will be the first one here to explain how it works? - Hint :a child can understand it.

6 days later and not even the fact that the base facts (see the first two posts, mine and Titian's) are on the table helps you move on the path to deny ignorance ...

But should I be surprised ?
Just an example to check the average level of brain wash in ATS, page 2 of thread :

Unprecedented in MSM - Fox video : real data on muslim population in the European Union
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
now please tell us brainwashed ones how the lottery is riged. Are there psychis or aliens involved?

or maybe entertain us in any other way?zzzzzZZZZZZZZ

[edit on 28-11-2004 by feyd rautha]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is a very simple way to track whether a Lottery is legit. Use one of the very advanced Lottery number selection programmes, and feed the results for as many years as possible.

Use high value investment plans to see how close they track to the probabilities (a single lottery entry is a bad investment possibility, you get success when you plan for probability instead, but that takes high priced plans).

Now, say you have managed to get a selection of plans built up, all with a probability of around 5:1 payout over a certain time, 7:1 over certain other number ratios, etc.

Track the performance of those plans, over the history of the lottery.

A legit Lottery, will track those probabilities, very closely.

The rigged ones, won't.

Having used the above system, checking several Lotteries to see how they would compare, the original Lottery I was investigating, proved solidly enough to me, that it was rigged.

That was the UK Lottery.

Two US lotteries I checked out, and the Irish Lottery, proved to be legit, as they all tracked roughly along the lines the probabilities inferred they should have.

With the slightest thought, Lotteries are indeed very easy indeed to rig. Ball set substitution, magnetic ball implants to trigger delivery chutes, etc., etc., etc., aren't exactly difficult.

But then again, you do have to ask why Governments get involved with something organised crime has as part of its portfolio. Namely, the numbers racket.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7mm08
A legit Lottery, will track those probabilities, very closely.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7mm08

With the slightest thought, Lotteries are indeed very easy indeed to rig. Ball set substitution, magnetic ball implants to trigger delivery chutes, etc., etc., etc., aren't exactly difficult.

That was in the old days. Now it's done differently and with TOTAL efficiency.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Never thought of the lotto being rigged before.

Whenever you pick your numbers the piece of paper always has to go through that machine doesn't it? So all numbers that are chosen are probably known and it can be rigged to avoid paying out too much...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
People are murdered for a lot less than the typical lottery jackpot.

Of course it's rigged.

Here in the UK they stop selling tickets at 7.30 pm and the numbers aren't drawn until after eight. Enough time for the Government or Camelot to see what numbers haven't been chosen and then make the machine pull out the ones they want.

Stage magicians have been doing tricks like that for years and you think the government wouldn't do it for an extra few million?? Get real.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well wile I never play lotto i love numbers probilites and odds playing toghter and have followed the numbers back to the lotters start looking to use combos of the above to get the (edge) lol the best i have ever dont is 50% return . what this mean is in the long run you brake even . though you could possible be the million$ winner.
Now the question becomes do you want to play ? the cost over time =0 but that doesent get you the million and if you dont follow the systen EXCATLY it does cost and the system is very complacted and you must put in 4 hours a day minum EVER day except sunday.
now all this system will grente to do is alow you to play without lousing money not grante you win money. still want to play ?lol
Ps the system is desined for chase 3 (example winning numbers 320
one in a thousand chance =odds 1-1000
play four 3220 odds 1 -10000. Probility = todays numbers are 3220 the linkly hood of this tommrow is 1-10000 probilty says its very unlikly.
now on to the cool part try it if you dont belive me .
go online get the cash three numbers for the last twent years ans starting twent years agaio check ever day .
Once every 1 -half to three years you will find a day 322 and the next day
is also 322 now count the days inbetween when this happens over twent years . This is the simplest thing you could see easly .The averge days are right at 500 you play 1$ per day 500 days and you hit on averger over twenty years the cost 0 you win 500$ but you will notice that this is over all.
there mite only be 340 days one time the next its closer to 600
other times it happens twice in one month but then not again for three years .
Man this stuff is sooo cool to bad I can get that little extra more .
Ps accutly wile Ill not go through the trouble to prove it i can get that little more . I have systems the are right at 55% wich mean you accutly MAKE money using it. yes i said it .
BUT very little money dollors at a time for an extra 4 hours work
examply making money playing lotto Time involed 8 hours per day every day MUCH work DONT make a mistake on your adding if you do its then all odds you louse money the numbers added 200 apx in 10 different ways .
and rember one mistake you louse money.
and this is over time so one day you dont make money the next you do or even a week at a time you dont but then you do . It works out over months and takes years to make 500$ 1000$ profet.
you could work at 10cents an hour and make more money then this lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I usaly wont dobble post but In this case I have a much better way to show you what probility is and how it works.
your numbers are 0 to 9 =10 numbers your odds each time are 1 in ten of just gessing . but the odds for each number comming in over ten time are 1 in 100 . like so gess 1 win 1 gess 1 again ten times the odds of 1 comming in ten time straight are 1 in 100 . But you ever play yatzee? 5 dice each dice 1 to 6 it does happen doesent it? all six dice come up 1 its called YATZEE . now the trick is this doesent happen every time this is the problitly of it happing . It will happen sooner or later and the longer you play the higher the probility of it comming in .
Then the trick is to find this and work out when its most likly and only play near that time. If your REALY good and dont make any mistakes you can get it up to 55% .
PS any here ever gets it up to even 65% drop me a line but have PLENTY of proff . well get rich then lol .55% isent worth the time 65% is anything over this you have scyic abilitys lol.
But even if you do get 75% or higher over time drop me a line then we be rich twice once playing once proving scyic IS REAL.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Simcity4Rushour]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The government doesn't need to rig the lottery to make money off of it. They can make everything they need while still doing it 'legally' and without any risk at all. (I am of course using 'Legally' very loosely. If it wasn't for their ability to 'Bend Laws' into their favor that would surely change!!)

Example:
You get lucky on the Lotto and turned your $1 into 1-Million!!!

Depending on the State, you either get that in payments over 20 years, or a choice to get it all now minus about %40-%50 right off the top.

Choice 1:
You end up with about $36,000 a year for 20 years, while the feds take the other $14,000 a year. You'll also be in a raised tax level for Local & State Tax at the end of year depending on the State. Also keep in mind that in 20 years $36,000 in today's money will be more like 1/3 of that or less.

Choice 2:
You're left with about %50-%60 of your Million while the other half goes to the feds. Believe it or not, this is actually the better way to go, mainly because of the Cost of Living Increase over time. In one lump sum today, you could invest most or all of it and if you're lucky and don't lose it, spend it or die in the mean time, you could live off the interest in about 20 years.

I know what you're all saying. Yeah but it's still $36,000 a year for only a $1. Sure, you're right. However, it's still just as good for the Government and they don't do anything for it. The money all comes from those who play the lottery in the first place!!! So each time there is a single winner, they simply shave off a little and everyone plays again. It's progressive for the Federal Budget and just the opposite for Everyone Else. That is why they don't have to cheat. "THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS, EVEN WHEN THEY PAY!!!"

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless

Whenever you pick your numbers the piece of paper always has to go through that machine doesn't it? So all numbers that are chosen are probably known and it can be rigged to avoid paying out too much...

Congratulations. You took the right path for the first step of the fraud.

Step 1 - After the computer scanned all the paper, all combinations choosen are known.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by USER
People are murdered for a lot less than the typical lottery jackpot.

Of course it's rigged.

Here in the UK they stop selling tickets at 7.30 pm and the numbers aren't drawn until after eight. Enough time for the Government or Camelot to see what numbers haven't been chosen and then make the machine pull out the ones they want.

Congratulations for contributing to step 2.

Step 2 - for the JACKPOT a combination, say X, is selected that has not been choosen by anyone (see step 1).

So now there's only step 3 that needs to be explained :
- how does the government takes X out from the hat ?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by USER

Of course it's rigged.

... Enough time for the Government or Camelot to see what numbers haven't been chosen ...

Now be as honnest as Faceless who gave the decisive input but wrote

Originally posted by Faceless

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join