It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Scientific IQ Test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, not really an IQ test per se; but it is a short quiz on your knowledge of science fact versus science fiction. I scored a 70% -- guess I'm optimistic.

Take the test here.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

After you've submitted your answers for scoring, follow the Web links to learn more about science fact and fiction from Space.com.

Thanks for taking the quiz. You scored 100%

Aww yeah! *Pats surprised self on back.* The quiz isn't as interesting as the facts behind the questions and other articles on space.com.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Not to bad for a hillbilly with a GED

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I got a 90, missed #2

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Funny I just took the exact same quiz on space.com Thanks for taking the quiz. You scored 100%

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I thought we found microrganisms on Mars, thought the moon was not considered deep space and I forget the other question I missed. I guessed on the TIE fighter question and was right -- never knew what TIE stood for.

The quiz probably came from space.com -- MSNBC uses them a lot.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I got an 80%. pretty good.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
80%

6. All of the gas giant planets in our solar system (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) have rings.
Science fiction is not correct.
Saturn's rings are the most pronounced and visible, but they aren't the only ones. Check out the rings (and clouds) of Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune.

7. In the "Star Wars" films, the Imperial TIE Fighters are propelled by ion engines (TIE stands for Twin Ion Engine). While these spacecraft are fictional, real ion engines power some of today's spacecraft.
Science fiction is not correct.

Blew it on the rings and functional ION engines Go figure

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I got a 100%. But thats only because I try to keep abreast of current events but if you take a sample of people from off the street I would be willing to bet half of them would score 20% or lower.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I got a 100%. But thats only because I try to keep abreast of current events but if you take a sample of people from off the street I would be willing to bet half of them would score 20% or lower.

But, most would probably get the tie fighter question right... And to think I had to guess on that one.... So much for my IQ. Better throw that Mensa application out...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
I thought we found microrganisms on Mars, thought the moon was not considered deep space ...

What was found on Mars was not proven to be life - just speculated to be.

The moon isn't deep space, but any body, planet, star etc will have gravity. Not just ones in our solar system.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Amuk
Not to bad for a hillbilly with a GED

Figures. I have a degree in math, thought I did ok on the test, but after submitting the answers I got no score back!! At least I don't see a score. I tried going back to the page, but now the questions don't even appear!!!

I guess I flunked!!

Did this happen to anyone else? Or am I the lone retard here? I guess if you're stupid in the 1st place, then going to school doesn't accomplish much. You're still STUPID!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I answered and submitted, anticipating a 90% result.

And so it was confirmed, along with my need to bone up on the 50 species of hyperthermophiles.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I got 80% I think i got the other organisms question wrong and something else but those links and questions are really interesting

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Cool...I was flip-flopping on the micro-organisms in space question.... I thought there was something about an Apollo mission, but wasn't sure...seems it was right, but it was more of a guess...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I scored 80%. Not too bad I guess.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

That was too easy.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
90% for me, wow solar system with 2 suns ill be darned.

guess which one i got wrong

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
80%

Deep space gravity confused me and that darned two sun thing. errr

Surf

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
90%, those damn space organisms get me everytime. How many movies have I see where some space virus kills the black guy first, and some perfect looking white couple gets to sail off into the stars? Ofcourse the woman is 38-24-36, with a genius IQ, oh and she is the galaxy's leading exobiolgist/exovirologist. Would implants even work in space? Hmmm, it might be time to submit that paper to NASA. Isn't it vitally importan to national security to know the effects of microgravity on boob jobs?

bentov

Edit: Surfup, your sig makes me laugh everytime I see it.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by bentov]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join