It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a psychological rapist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Don’t allow psychological rape or commit it yourself. Psychological rape consists of verbal harassment, whistles, kissing noises, heavy breathing, sly comments or stares. These are all assaults on any woman’s sense of well-being. The underlying intention is to intimidate the woman. They are power plays couched in the language of sex.

Courtesy of Goshen College.

Amazing what an edumication gets you these days. Make sure not to breath heavy or show interest in women, because you might be a rapist.

Oddly enough, if you're at a bar, and a girl likes you, she might be mad you're not doing one or two of these… Must be the alcohol.
edit on 1-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Have you ever been the recipient of this type of unwanted attention?

I have, and it is fairly uncomfortable most times and down right frightening at other times.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Lol okay. Define "unwanted attention" first.

A few of those things, including verbal harassment, I could definitely see some creep doing.
It really depends on the woman also, though. For instance, wearing Eskimo apparel isn't likely to get you allot of attention. Now apply the opposite.........Am I right?

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Witness2008
reply to post by boncho

Have you ever been the recipient of this type of unwanted attention?

I have, and it is fairly uncomfortable most times and down right frightening at other times.

Welcome to the real world. If it frightens you, make sure you don't step foot outside ever again. You might have to deal with *gasp* real people! The horror!

American Feminism has quickly degraded into a mental illness on par with paranoid schizophrenia. Seriously, look at the parallels.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yes yes, the ongoing culture of teaching women to be afraid of EVERY SINGLE Man they meet that they don't know, or sometimes even know for that matter.

How sad that the ridicule of men's culture has come so far in just a few short decades.

It also teaches a a whole generation, well now 2 generations of boys that at heart, and the very base level, they are animals, and if they aren't told that violence and sexual violence is bad, they are going to do it.

And never feel bad about it, because no woman ever taught them otherwise.

It's insulting quite frankly and I would think any woman capable of thinking for herself would take a nice, long look at women's culture before crapping on men for theirs.

As much as I am troubled by the rose of Misandry in the world, it's only the natural swinging of the pendulum for the centuries of organized patriarchy.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There's a difference between attention and something done for the purpose of intimidating and degrading.

While you might not want to raise this behavior to the level of a crime - I think people should (like the OP) should be taught that women find this type of behavior distressing.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Is that anything like being a psychic vampire?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Watering down Rape by throwing it out there for every deed that may make soemone uncomfortable or is demeaning... if nothing else, you'd think the Feminist groups would have figured that out by now.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
One day it will be heard that the police were called to arrest the leering old sleazebag who stared luridly at the pretty young thing on the subway, until it is discovered that he's blind and has a perpetual smirk on his face and pokes his tongue around his lips because he's never seen his own face and drools.

Then it will be psychological rape.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Silly college, they already have a word for this behavior. It's called harassment. You already made a huge deal out of it. It's okay. Between all the isms and ists out there it's sometimes hard to keep track. Good try though!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why does it assume only men do this? Completely sexist!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

In my opinion this thread is designed to promote anger and hostility.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

Women suck at war and raising kids if you want to dilute and cherry pick reality.

As said a post or two up, college is getting pretty bored.

Is that why the best colleges create masturbation cults and then go on to rule the world?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
this way of thinking makes me even more sure that our species is doomed

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well I guess we all might as well be asexual and reproduce in labs.

If you can't express interest in somebody without raping them there's going to be a lot of lonely people out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Is this the end of Italian Men?
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Amazing what an edumication gets you these days. Make sure not to breath heavy or show interest in women, because you might be a rapist. Oddly enough, if you're at a bar, and a girl likes you, she might be mad you're not doing one or two of these… Must be the alcohol.
reply to post by boncho

I wrote an essay on this very subject in college. Unless you are a woman and have been subjected to this type of behavior, please refrain from mocking things like this. That kind of crap can be downright scary. I don't own a vehicle and I walk everywhere or take the bus. I can tell you that this happens to me a lot, and it is never welcome. I am very good at taking care of myself but the reality is, I am a 117 lb. woman and if someone decided to attack me and they had me cornered, they might just get me. And some of the guys out there act like they just might. I carry four rolls of quarters in the bottom of my bag at all times just in case i need to drop someone with them...have for years.

At the very least, I find that behavior to be disgusting. Why would you breathe heavy in the general direction of a woman you don't know? I guess if you want her to think you're some revolting mouth-breather that would work. Whistling, catcalling, "hey baby"-ing, blowing kisses, staring a woman up and down, and my personal favorite...honking the horn in your car while a woman is walking down the street; all of those behaviors are the last thing that makes me go "oooh, i really want to hook up with that guy!" But the reason they refer to it as "psychological rape" is that it is just as degrading as someone putting their hands on you or pinching/grabbing your ass (i once knocked a man's molar out for that), or rubbing up against you...only without actually touching you. Why should any woman have to endure that kind of thing whenever she goes out in public? The answer to that is: she shouldn't have to.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wow people still think like this, i am ashamed to be a man most days, having daughters has changed my understanding of what most women have to go through. Class acts we have here on ats
edit on 2-3-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

If it frightens you, make sure you don't step foot outside ever again. You might have to deal with *gasp* real people! The horror!

Well...I certainly have and will continue to deal with the real world. And after being assaulted by three men at the ripe old age of 14, I did fear leaving my house for some time.

Most women know the difference between harassment, belittlement and a compliment. I'm guessing that you don't.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm getting the idea that most of the guys didn't read the article and are just pissed because it's bashing us.

You should read it. You might learn something.

Or go on massive rants about sexism after trailing off with purposefully vague metaphors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join