It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tossed out of my bank

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Well you got the tantrum part right at least.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by benrl

I bank with a small, local bank. The tellers and branch manager know my name, and I've met the bank president on several occasions. Small banks still exist, but they are definatley getting harder and harder to find.

It seems Walmart is snapping up banks left and right under Arvest Bank. While not directly owned by Walmart, it is owned by Sam Walton's son Jim.

So, if you bank with Arvest be aware that there are family ties to the Walmart giant.

EDIT TO ADD: It seems that Arvest was sneaky and let the local banks keep their names after being bought out. Your bank might actually be owned by Arvest, and by proxy, Walmart.
edit on 6-3-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

About 12 years ago, I worked at a small local bank, at the time walmart was experimenting with putting banks in their location and the method than was to PARTNER with local banks.

I was only there for a little while, before I moved on to greener pastures, I stayed in contact with the friends I made there though and sure enough...

Bought out and consolidated, got to keep the name, still in a wal-mart, but now has that back channel to the Waltons.

Seems Partnering with locals wasn't profitable enough for the Waltons why not just own the banks in walmarts as well...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'd rather horde my cash in mason jars in the back yard then let anyone affiliated with Walmart touch it. I just came to find out today that the parent company of Albertson's grocery stores is buying Safeway. Great, out local grocery stores were bought out by Safeway, and now Safeway is being bought out.

They better at least drop prices... (wishful thinking)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Which part did I get wrong? The self-praise?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
yes, randy one should NEVER write what other people do not want to read...
unless some other other people want to read it

in which case the people who don't want to read what you write shouldn't be righting themselves

edit on 7-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

No big deal Dan.
At least when Asty is hard time'n me,
it's coming from a respectable source.

Can you quote the self praise?

edit on Rpm30714v34201400000058 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

hey Randy,
sure, but how many times does a person get to use a quadruple negative with a full gainor and a half twist

hey, astyanax lol hows trix?

This supporter of the Ukraine joining the EU has received her reward: a 50% cut in her pension.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

Randy has seen what letting bankers have free reign to wreak their nefarious BS results in
and we don't want our Randy lookin as glumb as the poor ukrainian gal above who just had her democracy spread

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If I must.

Most of you would've been proud of Randy, for the stinky scene I made in the bank when they told me, it could be four to eight weeks before the check would clear. I went from reading it like a joke at first and almost busting up. To an absolute horror of jokes filled with curse words. Jokes that involved the globalist economy and Randy's dismay with the whole affair concerning the check. Then a little anger showing up and security tossing me out and telling me I couldn't come back til the next day...

You sound very pleased with yourself indeed there.

This too:

I've been laughing in the face of the globalists for over a week solid straight now.

Actually, it's the globalists who are laughing. Thanks to your tantrum, you not only made yourself look crazy in front of a bank full of people, you reinforced the common perception that anyone who doesn't obediently comply with their self-interested rules has to be some kind of nutcase — thus handing them a cheap victory in the war of individuals vs. vested interests that we are all fighting. Finally, and most amusingly of all, your money stayed in the hands of the bank for an additional twenty-four hours, during which they used it on the money and credit markets to make even more money for themselves.

Way to go, Randy. We're all proud of Randy.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

hey, astyanax lol hows trix?

I have not the pleasure of trix's acquaintance.

I don't hate you, Dan, you know. I just don't believe the tall tales you tell.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You sound very pleased with yourself indeed there.

That's in my OP?
Who the ?

Ok, I concede.

Maybe I just remember the tantrum better.
edit on Rpm30714v412014u44 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
WF is not too bad.

PNC is the worst I know of.

Now I use a CU.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

LOL,

At work, we just had this conversation, about walmart gobbling up everything.

Most don't even know the banks in there are usually owned by the walton family in some way.

Its sad, at a time when retail is suffering Walmart is thriving, people talking about closing stores, getting laid off, etc.

BUT never fear you can find work at a Walmart, for slave wages and under 30 hours a wk any day of the year...

I guess exploitation does wonders for the bottom line.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just one of those times when absolute unabated insanity
seemed to be the only reasonable alternative.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I feel your frustration with the big banks and how they operate.
We had a real eye opener awhile back with our bank and right up to that moment we were fairly happy with them......not so much now.

When my mom died years ago my brother and myself had to go to her bank and close out the account.
She banked there all her life and I mean all her life about 50 some odd years so you would think they would show some respect.

I did all of moms banking for her in the twilight years of her life and I hated that bank with a passion......it was not uncommon to wait up to an hour just to cash her pension check and deposit some and take the rest in cash to give to mom.

Anyways my brother knew of my hatred of this bank and before we walked in the door he made me promise not to act up and get ugly.

Its a good thing he made me promise or I believe I would still be in Prison of a violent crime committed that day. :-)

We walk in for our appointment with all the documents etc .....we are forced to listen to a speech about how good their bank is and we should consider investing mom's estate with them.

After that talk we asked for the funds and show us where to sign and we are out of there.

This bitch then says that there will be a charge to close the account and we are lucky it was not more because other banks charge a lot more than us.

This was not a great deal of money but my face turned bright bright red and my brother kicked me in the leg under the table when he saw I had that Look about me.

I simply said through gritted teeth that my mom would sure be displeased with how they are dealing with her estate.
The bitch took in my manner and attitude and very quickly wrote out two checks and would not look me in the eye after that.

Never set foot in that # hole bank again.......

One a side note and not to derail your thread, this thread I wrote some time ago but you will see I concur with you 100% on how screwed up the banks are now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great thread and don't let the nuts call you a nut:-)

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join