It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am right now in Kiev, was here for some work. Later went down to the Maidan, the site of the riots. One thing which I noticed was, people there are nice. I spoke to some of the radical right wings, and I am not white by the way. Surprisingly they were not rude or anything. Yes I did see people with faces covered, weapons including baseball bats etc, but no aggression towards me. I did see a few racist neo nazi graffiti but mostly patriotic ones.

Pleasantly surprised. At first I was scared to enter the barricades. Later took their permission and even took a few photos and lit candles at the memorial.
edit on 7/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
14:17: Ukraine's 5 Kanal TV reports that members of Russia's Black Sea Fleet have sunk a third ship at the entrance to Lake Donuzlav - which opens onto the Black Sea - reportedly to prevent Ukrainian ships currently in Donuzlav from reaching the Black Sea. The TV noted that two other ships were sunk in the same area yesterday as part of Russia's blockade of the Ukrainian navy. (BBC Monitoring)

BBC Live Feed

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

lynn112
reply to post by DJW001

So if I say fascist thugs, how many drinks is that?

On topic. The elected Ukraine parliament impeached/ousted the sitting president, a president suspected of stealing billions. A new election was set for May 25th so the people of Ukraine could vote for a new president.

It was an armed coup and was not legal in anyway ? The impeachment should have been done when he was in office and not necessarily by storming it with guns . He could also have been thrown out by a no confidence motion but that did not happen as well ... But instead Hired guns were used to kill civilians and policemen then blame it on the old govt. then storming the place forcing him to flee the country

Russia/Putin didn't like his pro-Russia ally being thrown out of office so he decided to move Russian troops from the bases they legally can be at and proceeded to invade a sovereign nation. (along with troops moved into the country)

Putin does not like Yanukovych , he kept jumping between Europe and Russia, Putin has no respect for the guy , but he was slightly pro Russian but was unreliable . Its not an invasion when not a single soldier is killed , its not an invasions when scores of Ukrainian soldiers defect to the new Crimean govt. Its not an invasion when you have Crimeans posting Selfies with Russian troops...

Since the invasion, people have been appointed as a new Crimea government not elected by the people, just appointed and now want to claim it as a legitimate government. Conveniently, the appointee's are pro-Russian, you know, the guys in Crimea with the guns.

The people will get to choose in March 16nth if they want to stay with Ukraine or Russia through a referendum . Isn't that democratic enough ? Not a single civilian or person has been killed in Crimea by Russian troops . So there is zero evidence to suggest that they will be forced to vote either way ...

The world isn't to keen on the bully behavior of Putin so they have begun to place sanctions and have requested neutral UN observers be allowed into Crimea to see what is actually happening. For some reason, Putin doesn't want those pesky UN observers. hmmmmm, wonder why? Maybe because he knows that he is in the wrong here.

The world includes more than just the west FYI . and the supposed other half of the world are showing signs leaning towards Russia as i have proved in my previous post...

edit on 7-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

maddy21

deviant300
reply to post by maddy21

The supposed Crimea Government is an illegal cou and is not recognised by the international community and the Ukraine interim government.

Other than the west how many countries have recognized Ukraine's new govt. Check the news China,India have already voiced their support of Russia and their actions as being legitimate, more will follow suit..

Actually China said the ukrainian people have the right to self determination and Russia should negotiate a peaceful resolution. That means invading another territory is not negotiating any where in the world. Well i guess if your a fascist like putin maybe.

By the way here was Chinas statement and it doesnt sound like they think russians fascist troops should be in crimea. You know im doing this for the drinking game.

"It is China's longstanding position not to interfere in others' internal affairs," Qin Gang said in a regular press briefing over the weekend. "We respect the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine."

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

You really think Crimea will be allowed to have a real vote? Well of course you do you believe Putin was elected dont you? Do you realize Russiahas the largest percentage of its citizens in jail over any country in the world. Well lets be real there not really prison there stalin's labor camps where they force people to work. If you disagree with the government they jail you and take all your money. You will have to spend years in a labor camp without a trial since putin suspended the need for a trial to detain someone.See dictators can do whatever they want or they believe that to be so anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

dragonridr

maddy21

deviant300
reply to post by maddy21

The supposed Crimea Government is an illegal cou and is not recognised by the international community and the Ukraine interim government.

Other than the west how many countries have recognized Ukraine's new govt. Check the news China,India have already voiced their support of Russia and their actions as being legitimate, more will follow suit..

Actually China said the ukrainian people have the right to self determination and Russia should negotiate a peaceful resolution. That means invading another territory is not negotiating any where in the world. Well i guess if your a fascist like putin maybe.

By the way here was Chinas statement and it doesnt sound like they think russians fascist troops should be in crimea. You know im doing this for the drinking game.

"It is China's longstanding position not to interfere in others' internal affairs," Qin Gang said in a regular press briefing over the weekend. "We respect the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine."

This as well ....

The Chinese side expressed understanding of Russia's analysis of the roots of the deep political crisis in Ukraine and the role external forces supporting the Maidan played in it, and of the nonimplementation by the Miadan of the February 21 accords on ways to settle the crisis,"

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by maddy21

You really think Crimea will be allowed to have a real vote? Well of course you do you believe Putin was elected dont you? Do you realize Russiahas the largest percentage of its citizens in jail over any country in the world. Well lets be real there not really prison there stalin's labor camps where they force people to work. If you disagree with the government they jail you and take all your money. You will have to spend years in a labor camp without a trial since putin suspended the need for a trial to detain someone.See dictators can do whatever they want or they believe that to be so anyway.

Lets not go into speculation , Crimea has a very large Pro Russian population ...

A little correction on prison population , and you might also want to give the patriot act a read

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

schmae
reply to post by MessageforAll

''Translation:
The deposed on February 22, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych would be hospitalized. According to a Russian newspaper after a heart attack
Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper reported that the 63-year-old Yanukovich according to an anonymous source suffered a heart attack and is in a precarious state.''''

Is this confirmed ^^^? I'm surprised it's not a bigger story. TIA

Heart attacks is a standard way for Russia removing someone from the scene no one is really surprised he had a heart attack. Its obvious him being around and Russia saying hes the legitimate president adds complications to them annexing crimea time for him to go.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The Chinese side expressed understanding of Russia's analysis of the roots of the deep political crisis in Ukraine and the role external forces supporting the Maidan played in it, and of the nonimplementation by the Miadan of the February 21 accords on ways to settle the crisis,"

Understanding does not mean approval!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Let's start calling events their true names.

Fact: Crimea is leaving Ukraine.
I don't think anyone can do anything about it. It's the people's will, no one can deny that.

The question is are there going to be the same reaction from other regions in Ukraine with Russian as a majority population?
That's where I see the SHTF scenario.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Well, that is your opinion, which you have a right to as do I. So rather than cluttering this thread with back and forth posts debating who is right, let's just agree to disagree.

On topic, good to see you are safe Asen and thank you for sharing your "on the ground" experiences.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

DJW001

maddy21

DJW001
reply to post by maddy21

Not exactly. Both have refrained from criticizing Russia. Both have made ambiguous statements calling for a diplomatic solution. Neither has recognized the Russian puppet government in Crimea.

Both have openly said Russia's actions are legitimate , calling for diplomatic solutions is something which is standard talk . no country will ever say "Wipe them out, all of them"

No, they have not. Not in any official statement that I have read. Would you care to link to a source for your statement?

Dont even bother asking youll get the link to RT news of course the same one that said Ukrainians were fleeing into Russia and showed the polish border.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Mate do you read what you're posting?
You sound like western propaganda machine.
Friendly advice: keep your head cool.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dont know if this has been posted, but i'm not going through 150 pages to confirm...Anyway,
gives you an insight to what's going on and it's oh so confusing. i'll post the link as i cant seem to get the youtube to work.
www.youtube.com...=293

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

asen_y2k
I am right now in Kiev, was here for some work. Later went down to the Maidan, the site of the riots. One thing which I noticed was, people there are nice. I spoke to some of the radical right wings, and I am not white by the way. Surprisingly they were not rude or anything. Yes I did see people with faces covered, weapons including baseball bats etc, but no aggression towards me. I did see a few racist neo nazi graffiti but mostly patriotic ones.

Pleasantly surprised. At first I was scared to enter the barricades. Later took their permission and even took a few photos and lit candles at the memorial.

So let me ask you have the Ukrainians given up on Crimea? I was reading several posts where they seem to accept the fact Russia will keep Crimea and were talking about shutting off there power and water and letting Russia deal with that.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

There does seem to be quite a disconnect between the "media reality" we're all being shown for emotional impact and getting riled up for action over vs. the reality on the ground from people actually there.

Is that what you're seeing as well, comparing with world media coverage of what you're seeing personally for that sort of compare/contrast?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I am just glad to hear from you and that you and yours are still OK. I'm hoping that we can see more of your updates here.. as you can see we've been filling in with news updates that we monitor, but it's absolutely nothing like what you can provide for us.

Stay safe!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k

So let me ask you have the Ukrainians given up on Crimea? I was reading several posts where they seem to accept the fact Russia will keep Crimea and were talking about shutting off there power and water and letting Russia deal with that.

That would be an ideal tactic. Since the Russian bases have their own generators and reserve supplies, the Crimeans will see the Russians living it up while they suffer.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

were talking about shutting off there power and water

This is stupid, and could easily be clasified as crimes against humanity.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

There are talks of the right wing radicals going there and starting a guerrilla war. But I did not ask any of the right wings here in Kiev, that would be too risky. But its in the news though. Remember them saying, that they have not removed the option of fighting for Crimea.

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join