It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia seeks access to military bases in 8 countries for Bombers and Ships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
With all of the recent developments in Russia this one should also be looked at.

Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Wednesday the military was engaged in talks with Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Algeria, Cyprus, the Seychelles, Vietnam and Singapore.

“We need bases for refueling near the equator, and in other places,” ITAR-Tass quoted him as saying.

Russia is not looking to establish bases in those locations, but to reach agreement to use facilities there when required.

- See more at: www.cnsnews.com...

Not permanent, but there to use if needed. Near major shipping lanes. Recent troop deployments and beefing up existing numbers.

A ship to Cuba that is used simply for intel and reconnaissance.

This all started in 2008 and we have seen time and time again the current administration turn a blind eye. Georgia in 2008 and most recently in Syria.

Russian bombers started making the old 'Cold War' runs.

Crimera, Kiev and the Ukraine.

The current admin wants to make our military smaller and the tentacles of the Putin are growing larger. Russia defense spending will have tripled by 2016. A ramp up it would seem to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again. Putin is a bad man with an absolute hatred of the USA. I truly think that he wants to make the USA look like downtown Detroit.

Imagine what would happen if China cut off exporting all goods to the USA, especially with Russia to back up their right to do so.... I have posted much longer threads about this plan as I had a good friend that was a Director with the Rand Corporation and years ago he told me about what is currently happening and how it would evolve. None of it bodes well for the USA.

Seeing this article does little than to further prove to me that what he said will happen, is happening now. Not packing my bug out bag, yet......

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I think it's normal behavior. One adversary branches out when the other looks weak and vice-a-versa.

Back to the days of the Cold War. Oddly enough, the world seemed just a tad bit more stable then. Not a lot...but a tad.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

And I wonder what would happen to China if we stopped buying all those goods .......

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It sems to me that the Russians are picking up where the Americans left off. Simplky trying to rule the world. The Yankees lost out in Vietnam, Iraq (both times), and are planning on running away from Afghanistan.
The good ol' Ruskies are planning on taking over Ukraine, and move west, toward the ever evolving EU. Anyone else see this happening, or is it just me?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

highfreq
reply to post by Mamatus

And I wonder what would happen to China if we stopped buying all those goods .......

I dont think much would happen to china, The USA is not the only Capitalist country on the planet. Plus, the last time I checked the USA is in debt to China, so wouldnt that make China richer then the States?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

krim IS Cuba

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Fortunately for the US it does not work that way...china's economy is not as good as the average informed person thinks and if the US stopped importing goods from China it would cause a world wide collapse....There is much more to it than that and I am certainly not considered an authority on the matter but there are a ton of threads regarding this issue alone.

IN fear of going off topic, I've stated before that the cold war never ended and if anyone can't see the writing on the wall then it's probably to late.....Russia WILL go to war in the very near future...With the current build up of arms the increased spending in military and the impending doom of a global economic collapse ....Russia is ready....
edit on 28-2-2014 by highfreq because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Another Russia banging? Seems like everything they do is bad but what the capitalistic banksters do is "good". Who and what gives the USA the right to have bases all over the globe but when Russia does the same, a mere 8 bases compared to some 800+ by the US, - then its "bad".

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am not saying it is bad. I am just trying to open the eyes of some who have no idea what is going on around them. Putin has effectively been in control for 14 years now. Ithis is his next logical step to expand but smarter than the us as it is not permanent but seems to be setting a baseline for where to mass troops, refuel and react from. He is not going to active areas of dissent but playing a good game of chess.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

matafuchs
I am not saying it is bad. I am just trying to open the eyes of some who have no idea what is going on around them. Putin has effectively been in control for 14 years now. Ithis is his next logical step to expand but smarter than the us as it is not permanent but seems to be setting a baseline for where to mass troops, refuel and react from. He is not going to active areas of dissent but playing a good game of chess.

Well he needs to! The USA got its damn paws in every country and if a country elects a government that is not to their liking the USA instigates regime change, one way or another. And if a country dares to go off the Petro-$$ then all hell breaks loose, - i.ex. Iraq, Libya and so forth. So maybe it's time to go back to the cold war scenario, at least, as one poster pointed out, things were a lot more stable. I have repeatedly said in many posts that an interest of a country ends at its national borders. And as long as the USA does not get that, then other countries and powers as Russia and China will have to ensure their bases and be able to guard their interests.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Putin is a bad man with an absolute hatred of the USA. I truly think that he wants to make the USA look like downtown Detroit.
I think that he is concerned that the EU is going to pick up where Hitler left off, at Stalingrad and the Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Mamatus

I think that he is concerned that the EU is going to pick up where Hitler left off, at Stalingrad and the Ukraine.

This is exactly their fear! If one cares to look at Russian history, they have been over run over and over again in the 1,000 some years from all sides. Most people seem to only cite Hitler and Napoleon, very short sighted! It is in the Russian "Soul" to be weary of anyone that comes too close for comfort.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Yup keep thinking the most important thing to Communist China is selling us goods.....

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think they are going to find it difficult to obtain access to foreign bases with what they pulled in Ukraine (Sevestapol). What happens when a government tells Russia no. Will the Russians leave peacefully or will they just invade and seize the base under false pretense.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

. . . seize the base under false pretense.

I don't think they need a false one because they already have a pretty good real one.

new topics

top topics

join