It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran opens exchange to trade oil, products-ISNA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
[headlineIran opens exchange to trade oil, products-ISNA

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Iran, OPEC's second-biggest oil producer, launched its international oil exchange on Monday to buy and sell crude, oil products and petrochemical products, Iran's student news agency ISNA reported.

"The international exchange hall of crude, oil products and petrochemical goods of Iran was inaugurated. Our aim is to shift oil market trade focus in the region to the Kish Island," said Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini at the inauguration ceremony, ISNA reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Bcs8484]

Mod Edit: Please follow the BAN guidelines and use the exact title from the source. Thanks

[edit on 10/28/09 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
WOW, only two days after Iran opens it's Oil Bourse exchange the arabs drop the WTI contract. The dollar seems to be taking hits everyday now. The collapse of the dollar and america seems to be drawling closer. It will be interesting to see how the DOW reacts tommorow to this news, as the Asian markets fell 2%. I really don't no at this point if the dollar can ever recover.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Good thing we are in a declaration of a National Emergency, eh?

Eh, bring it on. I'm ready.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
People love capitalism and property rights -- unless the property happens to belong to the third world or Iran.

Kind of a double standard, no?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

May i ask exactly at what time did this occur?

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41pm EDT

When it took place? or when the article was written?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

This link may shed more light on the WTI stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Why you asking me? I didn't post the article.

I know Iran has been working on a Bourse for a long time (which is just a weird word for exchange, not unlike the NYSE/NYMEX). Specifically for the ability to decouple from the dollar (Yeaa.. they really don't like us. Wonder why.).

Iran Oil Bourse (wiki)

The article appears to be written Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41pm EDT, according to the source. Hope that helps -- I don't know much more.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Heres some more information for those of you who may not no what this means.

HOUSTON, LONDON AND SINGAPORE, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Saudi Aramco announced today that it will begin using the Argus Sour Crude Index (ASCI) published by Argus Media as the benchmark price for all grades of crude oil sold to US customers. Saudi Aramco has used WTI crude prices published by McGraw Hill's Platts as the benchmark for crude sales to the US since 1994. The new policy will be in effect for January sales to the US.

www.earthtimes.org... /articles/show/saudi-aramco-switches-to-argus-sour-crude-index-for-us-deliveries,1018375.shtml

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The dollar will NEVER recover, and that's good news.

Let's think logically for a second.

Has the U.S. set a good example for the world? No.

Has Israel set a good example for the middle east? No.

They are both countries backing terrorist activities via illegal invasions and lies.

The CIA lies to cover its own butt, and Israel's motto is "By way of deception thou shalt do war." (Need I say more?)

The dollar needs to be dropped. The New World Order is going to emerge, and peaceful times await us in a short period of time.

These "aggressor" countries need to get their priorities straight because they value money over human life, and they will be punished via economic meltdown.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well if we can believe the news that so far I only see cited as coming from Tehran it apparently is NOW open for business as of this week
Oct 26, 2009... Interesting that as important as this step has been claimed (by folks and blogs such as ATS) that finding any substantial news stories on this topic is next to impossible.
Now we all have heard how Fox supposedly isn't a real news outlet but at least there are some stories when u search there for Iran Oil Bourse... search CNN and see what you find... nada

So anyone come in for the grand opening yet?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Seriously why isn't this a top thread? IS the report bogus or what?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WoodEye

No somebody stole my thread and it's pretty much being discussed thier.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
The dollar will NEVER recover, and that's good news.

Let's think logically for a second.

Has the U.S. set a good example for the world? No.

Has Israel set a good example for the middle east? No.

They are both countries backing terrorist activities via illegal invasions and lies.

The CIA lies to cover its own butt, and Israel's motto is "By way of deception thou shalt do war." (Need I say more?)

The dollar needs to be dropped. The New World Order is going to emerge, and peaceful times await us in a short period of time.

These "aggressor" countries need to get their priorities straight because they value money over human life, and they will be punished via economic meltdown.

I guess posts like this and the people that come here to make them kind of make ATS a sort of "U.S. Basher's Bourse". And hey, why not use ridiculous sounding words like "bourse" instead of "exchange" - whose meaning is obvious - while you're all at it?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

hmmm where? If you were first won't the mods close and redirect? I didn't find anything when I searched at first.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.enterprisecorruption.com...

Rheinhart has an electric car pic added today. Any corrrelation to
the oil price? He's been hinting or a crash (trains, ships etc)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

If you don’t like America feel free to hit the door.... Please take the boat back to your native country and stay there. (if you are American) if you are not the shut up you have no idea what you are talking about.

Let’s think Logically for a second.

Has the US set a good example for the rest of the world? Yes, Americans donate more money than anyone else in the world to disaster areas. Granted our Government isn’t the best in the world, But hey at least we haven’t slaughtered Millions of Jews, or have pol pot regime, or stalins 40 Million Russians killed, and even your hero Mao's Sixty million.

Israel Has nothing to do with America stop trying to tie her to us.

The War in Afghan is not Illegal contrary to your "truthers" Beliefs the US government is incapable of Fight a two wars. Let alone flying planes into buildings and NOONE TALKING ABOUT IT.
The War in Iraq Is not Illegal Our Congress voted to Authorized use to remove Saddam "kill my own people" Hussein. Regardless of what you wish to believe the UN is pointless. And the French, Russians, and Chinese were protecting their own oil contracts and weapon exports into Saddam's Iraq.

The New World Order will not be a peaceful takeover, It will be bloody Hundreds of Millions of People will die, you seem to think that a group of global Elitist will allow you to continue you on with your carefree life slave. No you will do what they tell you to do and you will like it. If that is the way you wish to live then move your arse to China.

Truth be told the USA isn’t the only aggressor, Your beloved Chinese, Russians, and even the French just as aggressive as we are.

Chew on this for a bit, let the commie in you think about this. Do you want to Die Free, or Live like a Slave that the NWO will bring you???

Now the Dollar will collapse, it’s inevitable TPTB no Americans will resist like we have for over 200 Years, why do you think we have Idiots like Bush and Obama leading the country. Because we are not allowed to have viable candidates or free thinkers, Just the same old CRAP that you want instilled on the rest of the world....

When it comes down to it, I’d rather die fighting then live like a slave.... What say you?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In light of the new oil field discoveries here in the US this was simply an act of desperation.... OPEC has been saying a fare market price for their oil is $80 a barrel or higher... but these new finds threaten to drop those prices significantly....
They too are buried under huge debt loads and if the US dollar did fall would be out billions, trillions.... still the US is working fast to reduce our oil dependency... Their are facing a near future where the only product they have is no longer needed by their biggest customer!

They might be okay? China is a major buyer but now as the first production starts to come in our prices will continue to drop with less pressure to import.... Add to that America's and European moves towards Alt-Energy projects and you can see where OPEC is running scared...

That's okay let them have their moment... I see a H2O powered hover car growing closer and closer.... Got to love US inventiveness...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

hhmmmm care to share link to these major oil finds here in the USA? I had not heard of that, I didn't think we were doing much drilling from our reserves. GREAT news if we have it and can access it

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Geez. You're so far off into Never-Neverland, it's difficult to find a place to start.

The US had indeed set some good examples to follow as they are the ones who show up after major catastrophic events, they have fed millions and millions around the world, given them medical treatment, and through their strength, have kept several aggressor nations at bay.

Israel has set a fine example in the Middle East. They've shown their neighbors how discipline, planning, hard work, and investment can make a formerly non-productive, arid terrains productive.

In addition, the Israelis have shown that well-trained, well-led, highly motivated free men can kick the living **** out of those who were compelled to attack Israel from either religious or governmental influences - those who would prey on Israel.

Those who would submit.

In fact, both the US and Israel have fought terrorism so well that these Islamic fundamentalists have been compelled to resort to guerrilla tactics, unable to engage in a stand-up fight.

About Israel's motto: your obvious, complete ignorance of history and historical figures will continue to lead to to misunderstanding and misapplications unless you correct this glowing shortcoming.

Read Sun Tzu who preaches deception. Alexander, who defeated every foe with deception.

Ever play a sport? Ever fake one way to get your opponent to bite? Ever run a crossing route to confuse the defenders? Every wonder why plays are called?

Yep. It's all about deception.

Read of Hannibal's Lake Trasimene effort. Alexander on the Hydaspes, Scipio's Utica and Zama campaigns, Epaminodas in the Peloponnese, Cromwell's Preston, Dunbar, and Worcester campaigns, Grant's campaigns at Vicksburg, or more recently the retaking of Kuwait by Schwartzkopf.

Your New World Order? Never going to happen.

The effort alone will spill more blood than all wars combined to date. Enough blood will be spilt to float the entire US Navy.

So much for your concept of NWO peace. There may be peace alright as few enough will be left to fight, and too exhausted to want to fight again for a long, long time.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WoodEye

Ask and you will receive...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join