It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'I Don't See America Having Problems'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Bush: 'I Don't See America Having Problems'

thinkprogress.org

This evening, NBC interrupted its Olympics coverage of women’s gymnastics for an interview with President Bush. Last week, Bush gave a speech and expressed “deep concerns” with China’s “detention of political dissidents, human-rights advocates and religious activists.” Costas brought up this speech and asked about “America’s own problems.” Bush denied that America has any problems:

COSTAS: This past week, you restated America’s fundamental differences with China. But given China’s growing strength, and America’s own problems, realistically, how much leverage does the U.S. have here?

BUSH: First of all, I don’t see America having problems. I see America as a nation that is a world leader that has got great values.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ahhh....That ever-familiar, de ja vu-like feeling washes over me, as The Decider slips off into Never-Never Land of "Peaches n' Cream", Rose-Colored Glasses perception of reality...

No problems here, everything is going awesome. The economy is still growing according to our pie-chart manipulators, we've only lost a half million jobs in the past few months, and only another 2 million families are going to be homeless in the next six months because of the ridiculous housing bubble and predatory lending.

But not to worry! In Bubble-Boy's insulated reality, everything IS GOING GREAT! He and his criminal cronies will be riding off into the Paraguayan sunset, free as birds, courtesy of the ever-cowardly and co-complicitory and worthless Congress!

It must be nice to live in such a carefree world of The Decider...

Apparently, the indefinite detention of prisoners, a $490 billion deficit, and a credit crisis aren’t problems.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
DD, nice find. I, too, saw the interview and noticed exactly what you've posted in the headline.

Another interesting note: GWB repeatedly mentioned having spoken with Putin and Medvedev, yet made no mention of having spoken with Mikheil Saakashvili, Georgia's president, about the escalating conflict. Essentially, he implied that Russia is in the wrong, even though the Russians are in Georgia in response to Georgia bombing ethnic Russians within Georgian borders.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Dang nab it. I tried to find a source but congrats dimensional!!

I tried here with a pathetic attempt.
Attempted thread

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
DD I love your threads

Thats sums it up really no point in elaborating or needing to write much else!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Great job as usual DD.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Typical ATS bush-bashing. What do you expect the President to do - scream and run around in circles saying "THE SKY IS FALLING!"? No politician - even the ones you love to hate like Bush - is going to buy into the media's constant attempts to induce hysteria.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
George should come live with me for a day, following me to work to see what the average family is going thrugh right now.

It's a downright disgrace to have a President so out of touch with the pain of his constiuents. He needs a reality check, but what's the point? Most of the pain has been caused by the abuses against the american people by corporate fraud, unregulated banking, and furitless attempts to backstop the profuse bleeding by the entire administration (Senate & Congress included, Republican or Democrat).

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wow, what a statement. They really let him out of his padded room long enough to say that? Well, it`s like the old saying goes. "Never argue with an idiot, he'll only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!" To see the world through the eyes of our politicians, one must be able to bend over backward, then stick your head up your backside. Only then, will you understand how they see the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Out of touch and in denial. That is the legacy of GW Bush.

Well-said, DD.

Unfortunately, the president is not alone in his thinking that there's nothing "wrong" with the country. Many citizens share his position that everything is just peachy. And not only that, it's down-right anti-American to suggest otherwise! If anyone insinuates that America isn't what it is meant to be, then they obviously hate their country! Sounds like nationalism to me... Sad...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
(sarcasm on)

Old George is 100% correct, I'll have you know

Aside from the odd economic blip there is nothing wrong with the US at present.

No diving dollar
No Trillions of dollars in debt
No crumbling infrastructure
No people losing jobs left, right & centre
No people living in cardboard cities
No people losing their homes
No fighting wars on two fronts while trying desperately to open a third one (wars and a military you can no longer afford)
No failing banks
No credit crunch
No soaring oil prices
No soaring food prices
No loss of freedoms or trashing of the constitution
No international reputation in tatters
... and on and on and on

It's all a lie I tell you, a wicked wicked lie

(/sarcasm off)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The Decider decides what is the truth!

If you guys are depending on old Georgie to understand what is going on, you are in big trouble.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know what you mean, old Georgie sticks to the script, even if the damn sky is falling right behind him...lol.

I was watching Olympic coverage yesterday and they showed a long interview exchange between G.W. and Bob Costas. Bush was his normal jittery, double talking self, his speech impediments ever so present and pronounced (mis pronouncing every other word like only he can do)

What cracked me up was his commentary on not only China and it's poor human rights record, but Bush having the nerve to talk about the Russian /Georgian conflict with such reserved disgust and disdain.

He went on and on about how he had told Putin that Russias response was unacceptable and how no war or aggression was acceptable and would not be tolerated. I couldn't help but laugh at the sheer irony of George W. Bush going on world television and verbally shaming and lecturing Russia and Vladamir Putin for sending troops into combat in Georgia, meanwhile our military has been blowing up Iraqi's and everyone else in the region for over five years now with no end in sight.

Those in glass houses dont throw stones Georgie boy, and you chastising and criticizing another world leader for engaging in armed and unsanctioned conflict and in his words "making the world a more dangerous place" just seems plain laughable and downright ironic when you think of it. Who the hell is Bush to give advice about war and foreign policy? How can he criticize anyone else with a straight face with the track record that he has? The man is either a complete liar or as delusional as any one individual can be.

Practice what you preach, nimrod. Clean your own house before you worry about anyone elses.

[edit on 8/11/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The whole interview made me want to slap GW. He is such an idiot. One of the biggest beefs I had with what he was saying, beyond what has already been mentioned here, is that he said--more than once-- how he told China's president that China needs religion. It is ok for China to allow religion into their country from now on, he said. China has religion, idiot, it just isn't dominated by GW's religion of choice.

And all I could do was cringe. No wonder a lot of people think American's are ignorant when our leader goes around sprouting off ignorant crap like that.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I agree 110%. You cringe every time the man speaks in a public forum.

He makes the rest of us Americans look like complete idiots and religious zealots every time he opens his mouth. I have never been genuinely ashamed of having a political leader speak on my behalf until I heard Bush for the first time.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
George should come live with me for a day, following me to work to see what the average family is going thrugh right now.

It's a downright disgrace to have a President so out of touch with the pain of his constiuents. He needs a reality check,

He knows America has problems, you dont have to be illilerate and stupid to know that.

George knows it too.

Its called denying and lieing. Hes quite good at it. Its why I have said it many times, hes an evil facisist, Nazis, dictator

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

I know what you mean, old Georgie sticks to the script, even if the damn sky is falling right behind him...lol.

Which is why I ask fellow Americans why they not impeached him yet and sent him to jail for the lies and crimes he has committed. When he talk his behaviour is even more obvious.

I was watching Olympic coverage yesterday and they showed a long interview exchange between G.W. and Bob Costas. Bush was his normal jittery, double talking self, his speech impediments ever so present and pronounced (mis pronouncing every other word like only he can do)
Why does that idiot give a speech, for us to listen to when the world does not respect his behaviour? Why do we have to listen to a man who does not have honesty and respect? Simple basic leadership skills he lacks!!!!

What cracked me up was his commentary on not only China and it's poor human rights record, but Bush having the nerve to talk about the Russian /Georgian conflict with such reserved disgust and disdain.

He went on and on about how he had told Putin that Russias response was unacceptable and how no war or aggression was acceptable and would not be tolerated. I couldn't help but laugh at the sheer irony of George W. Bush going on world television and verbally shaming and lecturing Russia and Vladamir Putin for sending troops into combat in Georgia, meanwhile our military has been blowing up Iraqi's and everyone else in the region for over five years now with no end in sight.

His actions speak louder than his words. Just goes to show how pathetic the man is. He did well to fool his own people for the first 4 years, the second term people started to realise and cop on, and now he still thinks he can fool people. People are fed up with him and his sick ways. Why is he still president, honest to god? His arguments are hypocritical and absurd. It has degraded not only America but the world as a whole to have a man like him in the world. He does not and should never have gotten the respect as president. He does not and should not be allowed to take the responsiblity he currently has. He is not in the right job, his job now is to serve prison.

"making the world a more dangerous place" just seems plain laughable and downright ironic when you think of it. Who the hell is Bush to give advice about war and foreign policy? How can he criticize anyone else with a straight face with the track record that he has? The man is either a complete liar or as delusional as any one individual can be.

No hes not delusional in the sense that hes not aware of what hes saying and doing, hes knows what his behaviour is affecting and doing, Its called nazis brainwashing it has been successful in his regimes for war from the beginning of office, hes still trying to get people to follow it. thats called manipulation. Of course his war tactics and methods to deal conflict by means of aggression DOES not make the world safer. What It does show to me how dumb alot Americans come to think that retaliating, hitting back and invading more countries defeat the war on terror and makes the world a safer place, because thats exactly what Bush has been satying for the last 8 years, thats the delusional part.

Practice what you preach, nimrod. Clean your own house before you worry about anyone elses.

I agree, this is also shows what man is leading a country in the wrong direction. It baffles me that hes still talking unacceptably.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

It actually is funny and your right, why are people listening to this man?

its actually bizarre, hes really has turned the world upside down, and people sit and listen to him...................

There no choice but to laugh because you will some feel some sanity on your side. It's actually cringing.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I can't even watch him anymore.

All I hear coming out of his mouth is "BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS, OIL"

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks DD.

Our esteemed (not) President however is not to blame for his delusions of utopia. The entire Political machine is responsible.

Fortunately we have a "people's press" here at ATS (if you'll pardon the license) which is truly extraordinary at times when it comes to reporting (and gaging) current events. By synthesizing news from multiple sources, vetting them, and applying a generous portion of skepticism and facts, we often arrive at the very conclusion to which we are supposed to be blinded.

(I wonder if the hesitance we are seeing in Bush's responses comes from his being so far removed from his 'think-tank transnational corporate advisers' that he is uncertain of how to 'couch' his statements.)

No matter. Soon he'll be free to pretend he's a senior statesmen, maybe they'll even spring for a Nobel Peace Prize..., for his creative fiction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join