It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We did it' letters eyed in NY bombing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

'We did it' letters eyed in NY bombing

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Capitol Hill offices received letters Thursday containing a photo of the Times Square military recruiting office before it was bombed and including the claim "We Did It."

The manila envelopes contained a photo of a man standing in front of the recruiting station before it was bombed. The photo was the kind commonly sent as a holiday greeting card, according to a Democratic aide who spoke on condition of anonymity because the matter is under investigation.

The message on the card: "Happy New Year, We Did It."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Explosion Reported at Times Square Military Recruiting Station; Traffic, Subway Diverted

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This could get intersting now folks. Standing by for more.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's either a disgruntled American citizen, pissed off at Bush and the [Mod Edit] he's pulled with Iraq.

Or it's "Osama Bin Laden" up to his tricks again.

[Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 1b. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 6/3/08 by JAK]

apc

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Happy New Year? Is that a statement made out of a lack of anything better to say or some sort of code? 'Cus last I checked, it's March.

In an e-mail to lawmakers, Capitol Police said the envelopes went through the standard security process. That process, which involves radiating incoming mail, can easily take a week or more, making it likely the letters were mailed well ahead of the bombing.

Now that's either damn lucky timing or someone knew exactly when the letters would be delivered.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This first video of of the original story...

This one is some aerial footage without commentary...

This is the surveillance footage of the bomb going off...

[edit on 3/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Chinese New Year: February 7, 2008

Persian New Year: March 20 (Vernal (Spring) Equinox)

A History of the New Year: A move from March to January

The celebration of the new year on January 1st is a relatively new phenomenon.

The early Roman calendar designated March 1 as the new year.

The earliest recording of a new year celebration is believed to have been in Mesopotamia, c. 2000 B.C. and was celebrated around the time of the vernal equinox, in mid-March. A variety of other dates tied to the seasons were also used by various ancient cultures. The Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Persians began their new year with the fall equinox, and the Greeks celebrated it on the winter solstice.

Just throwing it out there.

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Gools]

apc

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ah. Interesting.

Long live the Emperor.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Maybe this is a warning for a larger attack planned for the equinox? I shouldn't have to tell any serious CTists here about the importance of the equinox to secret societies, and ancient traditions still carried on today.

Or you could just leave it as a downright bizarre statement like "Kenneth! What's the Frequency Kenneth?!!!"

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
why were the letters only sent to democrats?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'd hate to be an Alex Jones about this, but this incident has all the ear-marks of manufactured terrorism. They are getting desperate and they want us to feel desperation.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Because the Democrats are set to take office and they will use this as an excuse to take away our guns.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Quazga

Because the Democrats are set to take office and they will use this as an excuse to take away our guns.

But they are already in congressional office. They *are* the majority.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
At first I thought it was a lone agitator or nut but now that there apparently are letters I am thinking an experienced mind. I smell a false flag and it sure reminds me of the anthrax attacks. The similarities are obvious.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If I over-analyze in this post, forget what I say:

We did it?

This would seem to indicate more than one person. So yes you fairy tale world residents, it is a conspiracy.

Now that that's out of the way, we can get down to the real story.

Could it have been some lone nut? Sure. But I would think a lone nut would strive for the attention and would go out with a bang (no pun intended), and really do some damage. Not just blow out a window.

Could it have been someone just upset with how things are going in this country? Yes. But why mail things to Congress taunting them? If you're just upset, you do what you do and you leave it at that. At least I would think that's what you would do. If not, then you're the "lone nut" or are striving for something bigger. So if that's the case, refer to Scenario #1.

Could it have been something more organized? Definitely. I think it was. The "we" seems to indicate it, and the "happy new years" seems to have some meaning. Unless it was just a joke, but then, why go to the trouble of timing the mailing of these letters? Why risk getting caught if you don't have some bigger network of people working with and for you? I think what Gools said about the new years thing has some real weight in this and is very important (starred for that).

If this is something organized, which I personally believe it is, then this isn't the last attack. Organized terrorism/crime does not take out a window and a door and leave it at that. They don't taunt Congress and risk getting caught to blow out a window.

Anthrax and Ricin scares. Kosovo-Serbia tensions. Hezbollah declaration of war on US and Israeli targets. Israel invading Gaza. Colombia-Venezuela-Ecuador tensions. Suspicious movements of National Guard troops. The secret societies being obsessed with the equinox, like jackinthebox said. And then this?

I hate to pile everything in to one big pool. I don't think this bomb has anything to do with Kosovo. I don't think Colombia has anything to do with Israel sniping girls in Gaza. So I'm not attempting to interconnect them by any means.

What I'm simply saying is, either it's fate, or the players behind the scenes are pushing for something big, and all of their cards are being put on the table at the same time. That doesn't mean those cards match or depend on one another. But they have multiple players, they have multiple hands, multiple decks, and they're all being played at the same time.

I don't mean to sound like a fear monger, but I don't think this blown out window is the last we're going to hear of this.

"We did it". The real question is "who did it?"

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Brilliant! I wish I could give you another star.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

What do gun rights have to do with this?

Did he shoot at the recruitment center as well?

I fail to see the how you can make the leap from an episode with an explosive device, to Dems taking away your guns.

[edit on 3/7/08 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Domestic terrorism = gun control

It's a very common practice of skewed logic and propaganda that the politicians play and the masses blindly follow.

People could go around hitting others with baseball bats, and when it's labeled domestic terrorism, they'll say "what if these people get a hold of guns?". Then there you have it. Gun control.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
"'WE DID IT", tells me this is a lone nut.

Why, because if it was indeed a group or more than one they would have indicated who they were. This guy is saying "WE" in order that the rest of us will somehow believe that he has all kinds of support for his cause.

"WE" is often used on answering machines of people who live alone or single person run companies, but want to portray themselves as more than one in order to appear to have more support or power in the case of a single scared woman etc. "WE" is just his attempt of being bigger then he really is and he knows if he said "I" everyone would instantly label him as a nut - like the schizoid unabomber.

Somehow he believes that others will give him more credibility if they think there are others in league with him to make his cause appear valid.

Of course that's just my personal WAG on the issue. I may be wrong, but I feel if there was more than one involved we would of seen multiple bombs.
That was his breaking his cherry, and no doubt we will see more from this guy. In the future he may graduate/grow another nut and attempt multiple targets for added effect - right now he's hunkering down from all the attention.

However it doesn't close the possibility that he was purposefully pushed by outside programmers to fulfill some of your conspiracy's, but I seriously doubt it. Just some madman gone over the edge and now he's tumbling down a bottomless pit that will eventually end in his early death or a life long prison sentence.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

I fail to see the how you can make the leap from an episode with an explosive device, to Dems taking away your guns.

You say that now. Wait til next year when the spin doctors throw this on the heap of propoganda to take away even more rights. It will be perfectly clear to the public.

"Oh good thing guns are illegal in New York, imagine the damage he would have done with an assault rifle..." (Rabble rabble rabble)

The Republicans can't go after our guns because of lobby interest. Bush takes away "liberal" rights, the Dems will take away our "conservative" rights.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

But they are already in congressional office. They *are* the majority.

They are the most useless, powerless majority I have seen in a long time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join