It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion Reported at Times Square Military Recruiting Station; Traffic, Subway Diverted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Explosion Reported at Times Square Military Recruiting Station; Traffic, Subway Diverted

www.foxnews.com

PER: WNYW

THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION IN TIMES SQ. AT 0345 EST. IT HAPPENED ON 43RD AND 8TH AT THE MILITARY RECRUITING STATION

"IT WAS LOUD ENOUGH THAT PEOPLE AT THE MARRIOTT MARQUIS HEARD IT AND SAW A PUFF OF SMOKE"

ALL TRAFFIC DIVERTED

46TH TO 42ND CLOSED BETWEEN 6TH AND 8TH

ALL SUBWAYS ARE BEING DIVERTED

NYPD ARE ON SCENE
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This is just breaking. I do not know much else about it. Waiting to hear more and will post when I do. Anyone live near this area please post if you know something we don't.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
what what what?!?!?! are they suspecting terrorism?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Where are you seeing this? I have MSNBC on and there's nothing!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hi dgtempe. I just saw this pop up on Foxnews breaking newsline on the website. I am just waiting for more info. Worried...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is all they have added that is new:

Cars and police tape blocked cars early Thursday from entering the area, one of the most famous locations in the world.

All subways in the vicinity are being diverted.

source: www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 3/6/2008 by wrangell76]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Tentative report in the NYTimes;

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York City police have cordoned off a section of Times Square, investigating what has been described by witnesses as a small explosion.

Members of the police department's bomb squad and the Fire Department of New York are in the area surrounding a military recruiting station that has a giant blast through the front window.

Police could not confirm that an explosive device was set off in the area.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's Time To do Some Things Right, So this doesn't need to be this way to maintain order.

The Irish Said it best With This Quote:

And as the Irish blessing goes, "May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live."

"Resolve" is the code cipher, What is The Code?

I Think I got an idea, Thanks To TV and The Internet.

-ADHD

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
www.wnbc.com...

that just came out from wnbc theres only two news results i got for it and then the fox one. the AP said a witness described it as a small explosion.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
CNN is reporting this as well.

Whatever it was, I hope there were no serious injuries.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think this happened a couple other times last year at that same recruiting station.

Maybe they should put a patriot missle battery to deter the culprits.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have CNN on now waiting for them to say something.

I expect the masses are going to riot sooner or later, i'm afraid. These are signals being sent that a change must come about.

People are sick of everything and some out there are going to start taking matters into their own hands.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

actually before that happens there going to crack down hard on dissidents. like FEMA martial nightmare crackdown.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Now they're saying its possible TERRORISM.

This is going to be an exciting day.

I wonder WHO the terrorists are? The conspiracies never end.

Happened at 3:45 this morning.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Terrorism? Ive not heard that and to be honest, from the reports I've seen that is ridiculous. Apparently a man on a bike threw a small explosive device at the building and rode off...that doent sound like terrorism to me.

I think some of us are over reacting here. It's really not a big story.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I don't think this has much to do with Al Qaeda or the revolutionary masses.

Probably just some bored ex-hippie with M80's looking to bring down the mighty U.S government on his Huffy mountain bike.

link   
Word is they might have found another unexploded device, that's never good. Hope no one got hurt and this is isolated.

link   
If it happened that early in the morning, I have doubts it would be terrorism in the foreign threat sense.

If it was someone like AQ, they would want lots of people around for full effect.

Could just be another gas leak... they seem to be popular lately.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Tell it to CNN, they're the ones who mentioned it.

Those are not my feelings at all- in fact i think of black ops at times like these, if you want to know the truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Fox is reporting a guy on a bike threw it into the door of the recruitment officer and they found another. Terrorism? Nope. Crazy guy? Yup.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join